Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

Rather Gruesome Storyline if it's a Children's Game

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Jun 1, 10 6:46 AM
I mean the cutting off of ears, limbs, torn off frogs legs, etc, is this what passes for children's games these days? I wouldn't want my child to enjoy this storyline ... so WHO exactly is this Game made for? Adults? I don't think so. Children? Unsuitable for anyone under 18 in my opinion.

anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:Rather Gruesome Storyline if it's a Children's Game

[Post New]by anonymiss on Jun 1, 10 6:14 PM
What gives you the impression it's meant for children? Sorry I don't mean that to sound rude (hard to express the correct emotion in messages!!), I just mean I was not of the impression that this was aimed at children - did I miss something?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Rather Gruesome Storyline if it's a Children's Game

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 1, 10 6:29 PM
Cherubabies wrote:I mean the cutting off of ears, limbs, torn off frogs legs, etc, is this what passes for children's games these days? I wouldn't want my child to enjoy this storyline ... so WHO exactly is this Game made for? Adults? I don't think so. Children? Unsuitable for anyone under 18 in my opinion.
Why do you think this is a children's game? It is not listed in the kids genre on the games list.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Jun 2, 10 12:48 AM
Well solving the SPELLING words for one, and the general ambience and graphics of the game ... it's bright, very colourful and has children's themes in it.

Edited on 06/02/2010 at 12:51:06 AM PST

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Jun 4, 10 11:22 PM
I agree that this game does not really seem to fit into an age bracket.

The whole atmosphere to the game was bright cheerful but then the storyline was very mature.

Weird.

I did not like the fact that the items were really small, it has really strained my eyes.

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jun 5, 10 5:56 PM
Definitely not a children's game. But I agree, who said it was? I'm quite mature and definitely love the bright graphics and "friendly" looking screens. I wouldn't call it a children's game for that reason. Next thing I would LOVE to see (in a game) are these types of screens with a romantic story line. Not about to happen - huh?

Of course I'm stuck now - don't even know what level I'm on, has to be late in the game. Final clue for the level is "Look at the trunk." Between trunks and chests there are 4 or 5 on the screen - I can't get any of them to give me the message. Anyone have any ideas?

Happy gaming
KIW0612

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 5, 10 7:23 PM
These simply visual kneejerk judgements, like "children's game" is interesting. Just seeing spellings of words missing letters doesn't see very broadly IMO. I suppose if it is looking for tiny parts of a pliers or saw, one could call it a carpenter's game. The gameplay is exactly the same, put an item (in this case a word) together to use it to move an object to find an object behind or under it that you couldn't find before moving the object. You may see letters all over several scenes but can't use them until you have done some other task to activate the letter you need.

So what's the difference? Just as much interaction and frankly it is much easier on the old eyes seeing and trying to remember where I saw one to go back and use, than itsy bitsy near invisible parts of tools. In fact, you already know what tool you must find parts for and put together, but in this if you already know the word is basket and know the missing letter, then it's easier and for kids? No, subject matter doesn't say kid's game to me at all.

Well granted, the OP did say IF it's a children's game. I hope I clarified the if because it's not. Maybe an old lady's game like me, but I find it interesting and different, altho it plays off of other ihogs we think are fun too.

[Post New]by SeaScallop on Jun 6, 10 10:38 AM
Just for the record, this is definitely not a children's game. However, the graphics and simplicity of filling in letters for words may give that impression. It does have a gruesome storyline which doesn't coincide with the graphics and gameplay. I don't know what the developers were trying to accomplish but they definitely missed the mark.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Jun 6, 10 9:25 PM
It does have a gruesome storyline which doesn't coincide with the graphics and gameplay.

Exactly, that was my point! I wasn't expecting such "violent themes" in this game. It's so totally NOT in character with the ambience of the game. Like I said, I would want my young children exposed to this sort of violence.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jun 14, 10 5:58 PM
Probably best, then, not to let young children play. Parental guidance is always the way to go!

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on Jul 10, 10 8:31 AM
lvfao wrote:Probably best, then, not to let young children play. Parental guidance is always the way to go!

Heh, so right.

nannanow
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nannanow on Jul 19, 10 10:59 AM
I totally enjoyed this game! The graphics were beautiful and bright...the music was very soothing (maybe it was meant to protect us from getting terribly frightened by all the terrifying notes that we had to find)! LOL! As a mother of six and grandmother of 10, I understand our sister fishies concern about the content matter. That is why it's always best to select games for your children from those specified for kids.

Go to: