Jewel Match 2: Reloaded

[Post New]by Shakita400 on Jan 7, 18 1:58 PM
Hi I have just purchased this game but it will not change from full screen. Nothing happens when I try to change this in Options.

I am using Windows 7 on a PC.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Jewel Match 2: Reloaded

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 7, 18 2:39 PM
Welcome to the pond!

If your monitor is a few years old like mine is, it doesn't have high enough screen resolution to run in windowed mode as this game and all the newer Jewel Match M3s run in very high res.

[Post New]by Shakita400 on Jan 7, 18 3:35 PM
SynthpopAddict wrote:Welcome to the pond!

If your monitor is a few years old like mine is, it doesn't have high enough screen resolution to run in windowed mode as this game and all the newer Jewel Match M3s run in very high res.

Thankyou for your response. So does this mean there is nothing I can do about it, no setting I can adjust?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 7, 18 4:26 PM
You're welcome

If you have an older monitor there's probably nothing you can do. My monitor goes to a max 1680 x 1050 pixels which isn't high enough to run in windowed mode for this game. If you can get the screen res higher than that, try adjusting it higher and then windowed mode ought to work.

[Post New]by Shakita400 on Jan 8, 18 7:48 AM
Ok well although my monitor is more than a few years old it does use resolution of 1680 x 1050 and I've always used this before with never any previous problems playing any game in windowed mode before.

It's making me think there may be a bug with this game. I also purchased another game at the same time and this doesn't have the same problem. It plays in windowed mode just fine.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 9, 18 7:16 AM
Hi again, it's not a bug, only that the game uses HD graphics requiring very high resolution when running in windowed mode since the game has to crunch everything down smaller in windowed, therefore requiring a lot of pixels to display. My friend on the JM design team had told me that you need something like 1750 (?) x something for windowed to work. Newer monitors can do more pixels than ours do, so don't have a problem. Like yourself I've noticed that many casual games do still run in windowed mode properly for me as the graphics aren't that detailed in many games (LOL some still have 90s era graphics IMO).

If you select "low resolution" in the game options it will reduce the pixilation required and then windowed mode will work, but I noticed that this also caused things to potentially "overflow" off the window and maybe not appear in the correct locations, which can cause things like the shop button or continue button to either disappear or not work at all. So I just stick with playing this and the newer JM in fullscreen until I can afford to get a newer computer and monitor.

Edited on 01/09/2018 at 7:21:31 AM PST

[Post New]by Shakita400 on Jan 9, 18 11:57 AM
Ah ok, now I understand. Thankyou very much for all your help with this.

Go to: