Tidal town SS replacement

dogpenny
Clownfish
Clownfish
636 Posts

[Post New]by dogpenny on Jan 8, 18 6:12 PM
When and where is it available for download i cant find it anywhere to download it.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,076 Posts

Re:Tidal town SS replacement

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 8, 18 6:39 PM
Can you give us a little more info? How did you hear that is the name of the replacement? When it is ready for release it will be on the BF site or in the free games section in the game manager.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,076 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 8, 18 6:57 PM
Hope there is not a problem if the got out of the bag to soon

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,437 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Jan 8, 18 8:06 PM
Tidal Town is a BFG for android that is currently available for download on Google play (Dec 18, 2017). It looks very much like Sunken Secrets. It says it is an unreleased app that may be unstable. It has been downloaded 5000-10,000 times.

I am hopeful that the developer is close to a stable game that will soon be available on all platforms.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,889 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 9, 18 1:23 AM
Wow, that really is very similar. In fact it looks pretty much the SAME game! Although it does have animals, chickens specifically.

There's a video of it on youtube and it even uses the same graphics. Interestingly, it says "Android Mobile Games 4 Kids", so maybe that's why we had our graphics changed to the childish versions.
Well, we'll have to see if this is released for PCs.
If it does appear, could I please have my SS pearls converted to TT gems please? Thank you

Edited on 01/09/2018 at 1:29:05 AM PST

[Post New]by greenrabbit on Jan 9, 18 2:57 AM
dogpenny wrote:When and where is it available for download i cant find it anywhere to download it.

The Android version is on Google play. It plays the same as Sunken Secrets except that it moves much faster as far as de-cursing things. You fill balloons in order to get items to upgrade the houses with. It also animals such as cows...chickens and sheep. There are no help requests as far as players go so far. I think the graphics aren't as rich in this game. The fountains are definitely far more bland. I prefer the ones on Sunken Secrets. They dazzle and are colorful. I am a level 121 on Sunken Secrets but left the game after they didn't give us the Halloween or Christmas event and will be giving no more upgrades. If anybody is playing Tidal Town and would like to add me as a friend my code is 5VDAAAAA Thank you

[Post New]by greenrabbit on Jan 9, 18 2:59 AM
TMGamer99 wrote:Wow, that really is very similar. In fact it looks pretty much the SAME game! Although it does have animals, chickens specifically.

There's a video of it on youtube and it even uses the same graphics. Interestingly, it says "Android Mobile Games 4 Kids", so maybe that's why we had our graphics changed to the childish versions.
Well, we'll have to see if this is released for PCs.
If it does appear, could I please have my SS pearls converted to TT gems please? Thank you

Android Mobile Games 4 Kids is just the name of the youtube channel. Although you're right that the graphics aren't as good in Tidal Town. I left my review in Google play for the developer to read. Hopefully they will jazz things up a bit.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,889 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 9, 18 3:52 AM
greenrabbit wrote:Android Mobile Games 4 Kids is just the name of the youtube channel. Although you're right that the graphics aren't as good in Tidal Town. I left my review in Google play for the developer to read. Hopefully they will jazz things up a bit.

Aaah, thanks.

Edited on 01/09/2018 at 4:08:08 AM PST

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,889 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 9, 18 4:01 AM
I've decided to give it a go, here's some things I noticed:

Balloons automatically give you their reward, even if you don't pop them. So no more frantic clicking and spending gems.

We don't plant crops to grow crops. Now seeds cost coins.

In order to add friends, you need their friend code. If anyone wants to add me, my friend code is HDGAAAAA. (This game will probably be abandoned at some point, but it would be interesting to see how it works).

James's identical twin brother is my only friend. But, there doesn't appear to be any actual reason to visit another player yet, other than to look at their town. Greg appears to have a market, but it just says Coming Soon.

Bricks take 10 mins

There are also cows, and later, sheep. No more silly milk bushes!

Repairing things now gives Happiness and this is what you need to increase in order to decurse new areas. As well as having enough magic.

The warehouse upgrades are pretty much the same.

Edited on 01/09/2018 at 4:57:59 AM PST

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
485 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jan 9, 18 7:15 AM
Does look a lot like SS. I'll probably give it a go when it comes to the PC version.

I'm still upset that they abandoned SS before the completion of the palace. I'm still working on a couple of achievements, and truly miss the events.

I have to wonder how far we'll get in this new game before they pull the rug out from under us again.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,889 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 9, 18 7:22 AM
It does make you wonder why the developers stopped working on a popular game with a large community and went for something almost identical.
I do get the impression that all of the changes we saw were beta tests for their new game.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,076 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 9, 18 9:18 AM
What does it mean that it is unstable? That it could crash easily?

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,889 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 9, 18 10:08 AM
Lambina wrote:What does it mean that it is unstable? That it could crash easily?

Yes, I guess.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,520 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jan 9, 18 11:00 AM
Lambina wrote:What does it mean that it is unstable? That it could crash easily?

Yes, in addition to freezing and other glitches causing rewards or parts of the game to behave incorrectly.

Basically, it's in beta phase. Real world testing to find and fix the bugs, glitches, and other hic-ups.

I realize it is nearly identical to SS but I am looking forward to a stable PC version and will be downloading it the minute it's released for PC.

Of course, SS was out for a year on mobile before it was released for PC. Therefore, it could be a long wait.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,076 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 9, 18 11:02 AM
Well that is not a good thing, think I will pass on that, maybe a better version will come out for pc soon, seems rather odd that the new game would be a SS clone more or less, I'm hoping for something a little different and new to do.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,076 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 9, 18 11:59 AM
Does anybody besides me have a game called Dream Fields in the ftp section on the game manager? I've tried to download it several times but nothing comes up and I did a search for it on the BF site and it is not there either, what is the deal with that?

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Jan 9, 18 12:00 PM
I'm only curious how the market works, and if you have 'followers' like in SS.
If so, i pass. Not gonna deal with raiders ever again.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,889 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Jan 9, 18 12:05 PM
Lambina wrote:Does anybody besides me have a game called Dream Fields in the ftp section on the game manager? I've tried to download it several times but nothing comes up and I did a search for it on the BF site and it is not there either, what is the deal with that?

It's listed on mine too. And I can't download it either.

It seems to be an online game, that doesn't need downloading, or at least there's a version like that.
The link is:
https://www.bigfishgames.com/online-games/25550/dreamfields-free-to-play/index.html

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
485 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jan 9, 18 12:30 PM
Lambina wrote:Does anybody besides me have a game called Dream Fields in the ftp section on the game manager? I've tried to download it several times but nothing comes up and I did a search for it on the BF site and it is not there either, what is the deal with that?

I've had the same problem.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,076 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 9, 18 12:32 PM
sanzi19 wrote:I'm only curious how the market works, and if you have 'followers' like in SS.
If so, i pass. Not gonna deal with raiders ever again.

Me either!

Go to: