Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for K3Y here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 9, 18 1:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/09/2018 at 8:32:55 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for K3Y here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 9, 18 8:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for K3Y! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on K3Y.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 9, 18 9:45 AM

I love physic based puzzles and this game is similar to "Jar of Marbles" with the added challenge of physics. I think however, this game would be more awesome as a phone app to while away the hours.

I'll be honest, at first I wasn't digging this game at all, but after just a few levels, the physics kicked into gear, and I quickly became addicted to the challenge. The rules of engagement are fairly simple. You just aim the ball shooter at the top of the screen, to shoot the same colored marbles that are strategically hanging below. If 3 or more identically colored balls touch, they will disappear, and you will consequentially receive another move.

The goal is to release all 3 keys to open up the next level, until you reach the final level (more on this in a moment) Each of the 3 keys are encased in several multi-colored layers marbles. You must first shoot a marble of the same color as the outer casing, to release the hanging marble. You must then shoot marbles to make matches of at least 3, to chip away the casings, until all 3 key marbles touch each other to unlock the gate, which drops open. The goal is to match all 3 keys, it doesn't matter if marbles remain hanging, (other than you can get extra moves when they are matched) but any remaining unmatched marbles that aren't hanging, that are laying on the gate, will drop through the gate when it opens. (sometimes it helps you, sometimes not, as they then hit the hanging marbles on the next level which knocks them down)

When you get to the fifth and final level, the goal changes to "Don't let anything fall through the gate" So if all 3 keys are matched before you are able to match any marbles remaining on the gate floor (not the ones hanging) it will feed the octopus when the gate opens, and you will loose one out of three available stars for the level. It is a little difficult to keep track of the levels, because it's easy to forget that you're on the final level, but the levels you earned keys on, are shown on the left of the screen.

If you run out of moves, you will have to start the entire level over from the top floor. It sound easy in theory, but the further you progress, the more difficult it becomes, as they add way more marbles, more colors, and more layers around the keys. And of course, these are glass marbles which don't always land where you want them to because they bounce, and the hanging marbles can create a log jam as well!

As I said earlier, this is a fun and addicting game, but I think it would be more fun to play on a phone when you're really bored. I'll use a coupon for this one, I'm just not sure how long you can play this game before it potentially becomes boring?

[Post New]by Snowdragon_23 on Jan 10, 18 7:15 AM
This is like the Jar of Marbles games with more of a storyline. It's a buy for me.

maziemom
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by maziemom on Jan 15, 18 9:23 AM
I liked the Jar of Marbles games, so I bought this game right away. However, there are several problems with this one, so I wouldn't recommend using a credit for it.

Mom2x
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Mom2x on Jan 22, 18 4:00 AM
Don't buy this game. The developers never finished it. It only goes to level 30 and then it says that future levels are coming soon. Because the copyright on the game is 2015, there probably isn't going to be any new levels.

Disappointed in this game.

chipps611
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by chipps611 on Jan 28, 18 5:32 PM
Bought the game and enjoyed it. You just have to live with the fact that there are only 30 levels and that you're probably never going to see levels 31 and beyond. Definitely unfinished in every way - there's no end of game sequence when level 30 is cleared and no way that I can see to create a new profile (at least not easily) and start over from scratch, although you can replay the 30 levels to your heart's content.

That aside, worth a game credit or a discounted purchase price since what IS there is fun to complete, but not worth full price as it isn't a full game.

Go to: