bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Strange Cases - The Lighthouse Mystery

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 3, 10 1:21 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Strange Cases - The Lighthouse Mystery? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Strange Cases - The Lighthouse Mystery

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jun 3, 10 1:42 AM

So... Did everyone check out the CE and no one but me waited?

I liked the first one in this series, so I will probably be happy with this one also.

So far it is good, though I don't remember Tom from the other game, so I wish they would have re-introduced him before they killed him off LOL.

I will probably buy this one later in the month, as I am still rolling around in new games from the sale this last weekend!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jun 3, 10 2:44 AM
I have bought the CE already for a few weeks and I am really happy about it. Its a great hog with great graphic, great story and great searching scenes. A great buy if you haven`t already bought the CE

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Jun 3, 10 3:31 AM
_Angel_angel wrote:
So... Did everyone check out the CE and no one but me waited?

I liked the first one in this series, so I will probably be happy with this one also.

So far it is good, though I don't remember Tom from the other game, so I wish they would have re-introduced him before they killed him off LOL.

I will probably buy this one later in the month, as I am still rolling around in new games from the sale this last weekend!

it is usually the way with the popular games...everyone buys the CE, so then when the SE version i released, there is no one in the forum! ..i didnt play the CE version as i knew i wouldnt be able to purchase, am d/ld'ing this one now though..i'll be back

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Jun 3, 10 3:35 AM
am enjoying the game so far but cannot solve the shiva game and for some reason it will not let me skip. using the walkthrough, i see where the colours go, but this still does not help.is there a particular order to placing the crystals or is there something else to do. i just can't get it.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jun 3, 10 4:16 AM
I got the first game of the series during the recent sale and enjoyed that one a lot. I played the demo of the CE of The Lighthouse Mystery and liked it also, but will wait until I get my punch card credit to get the SE.
The storyline is pretty good and not boring.
Graphics are clear and most objects are not too small.
HOG scenes include a mix of lists, pictures, and fragments depending upon the card(s) you find in the scene. Sometimes you need to use an inventory object to solve a problem and/or obtain a card.

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Jun 3, 10 4:40 AM
I never buy the CE version, I always wait, that being said I enjoyed the first one and so far I like this one. This is a keeper, If you liked the first one just go ahead a buy this one. I agree with all of the above comments

Edited on 06/03/2010 at 4:40:36 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jun 3, 10 5:43 AM
I had been waiting, but then with the 30% off sale last weekend I had three more games that I wanted to buy that would start a new punch card, so I went ahead and bought the CE edition to fill it. SInce I get an extra free game that way, I figured I could look at it like getting a discount on the CE, even though they don't count for the 30% off sales.

The game is fantastic, but one of the "perks" of a CE is the integrated strategy guide, and this game did it so poorly that it wasn't worth it.

To get to the CE guide you need to completely exit the game back to the main menu, THEN access the guide, THEN start the game again from the main menu each time you get stuck. I only got really stuck a few times, but by the time I went all the way out ("yes, I really want to exit. Yes. Really, I do") I'd forget my question, and by the time I got back in I'd forget the answer.

So now I can continue playing the game in the way I enjoy, just doing an Alt-Tab to access the BF walk-thru that's now available! Thanks, BF, for releasing this as a SE when I need it!

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jun 3, 10 5:49 AM
I downloaded the CE demo but still haven't played it. I would not have bought the CE anyway (waste of money imo) so I'm glad the standard version is out. Now I can play two demos (CE and SE) and then decide if I want to buy the SE.

Now if the SE of Puppetshow 2 would come out, I'll be set.

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on Jun 3, 10 5:56 AM
I reviewed the CE of this game. I liked it, but not as a Collector's Edition, and was waiting for the SE to come out before deciding to buy. I have since bought the first game (The Tarot Card Mystery), and I've really been enjoying playing it, so this game will be a definite buy for me.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Jun 3, 10 6:45 AM
I have downloaded it and will be buying it as soon as my punchcard credits arrive. With 2 sales last month and several DDs as well, I will get 3 free games anytime now.
Played the demo for the CE edition and loved it so can't wait to get playing this one.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Jun 3, 10 6:58 AM
I'm in the same boat! I had bought the CE of PuppetShow then bought 3 games during the sale to fill another punch card. I will definitely get this one as soon as my punch card gets here. I'm really looking forward to getting this too. Maybe the punch card will be in my email a little later on? Hope hope! I'll go wake up, get some coffee and check my email later.

thanks!

Indy70
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Indy70 on Jun 3, 10 7:23 AM
That "same" boat we're all in is getting pretty full. hehehe I also purchased the CE of Puppetville and sure glad I did. I also got 3 more games that were on my wish list to fill my 4th (yes...sigh 4th) punch card for last month, and am patiently waiting for my rewards email so I can buy this game. I have downloaded the demo for The Lighthouse Mystery and will play in a while, but I'm sure it will be a definite buy for me. I played the first game and it was wonderful. I have no reason to believe this one won't be fun, too. I may have to hide in a coral reef if BFG comes out with another discount weekend for Father's Day. But I'm stocking up on games that have been around a long time, but are very "new" to me.

Happy gaming fishies.

Editing to add a review - Excellent game. Music is subtle and non-intrusive, super graphics, mini games are skippable (a must for me), storyline that keeps my interest, and refillable hints that don't take forever to fill. Some objects were easy to find, others well hidden but not impossible (I did need one hint). Personally everything is here that I need in a wonderful game. I highly recommend everyone download the trial and decide.

A must have for me.

Edited on 06/03/2010 at 8:13:06 AM PST

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Jun 3, 10 7:45 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed the demo on this one. Definite buy for me.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jun 3, 10 7:48 AM
I bought this version. I have been disappointed by 2 out of the 4 CEs I purchased. Also, although I loved the first game I did not finish it and did not want to pay for a CD that i might not finish.

Tiny objects are a big problem and tiny objects hidden in the dark are even worse. Don't get me wrong though. I love the game anyway. I do have to use a lot of Hints though. lso, there is just a little too must story. I have already missed two comments that popped up at the top and were gone just as I noticed them so I have no idea what they said.

This game has good graphics, story and play. Only the constant messages and tiny objects make it less than ideal for me. I bought it and am enjoying it.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jun 3, 10 9:47 AM
Well I am in a different boat, I didn't but the CE & I am not going to by the regular version either , I guess my taste have changed , & this game isn't appealing at all , I hate the searching for silhouettes , also one of my pet peeves , I do have the first one but have no desire to replay that one anytime soon ,,So far it's been Another lousy week for games ,, In my opinion

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Jun 3, 10 11:04 AM
I really enjoyed this one, but would have been furious if I had bought CE - wasn't just a couple of weeks ago, at most, that it was released?

I had been debating whether or not to buy the one as a CE along the Puppetville games. So glad I didn't spend that much - going to wait now, seems like maybe the SE of Puppetville will come out sooner rather than later.

Having vented all that - it's a good game - challenging rather than climbing the walls frustrating!

Going back to the first puppet one now - only played it through once, and that was a while ago, so i'll keep me going for a while, till another interesting game comes along.

/5 poppy points

Edited on 06/03/2010 at 11:05:33 AM PST

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 3, 10 11:40 AM
I really liked the game and the fact that the SE picked up where the CE had timed me out. My problem is that I got only so far and the game wouldn't let me pick up a card (in the room just prior to the room that you have to bash the weak wall). So I couldn't get the sledgehammer to do that (b-cuz that was an object on the card in the prior room!!!). Still had some time left in my "2nd" free hour. Was all set to buy until that happened. Now am not so sure, and seeing other people having glitches the 2nd time around that are playing in the CE so am wondering if the SE will be even worse???

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jun 3, 10 1:00 PM
I will not be buying this game. I hated the first one and now this.

I hate going bk & forth>>>>>>>>over & over again

Happy Gaming to those who love it

PEN

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jun 3, 10 1:00 PM
OLDBAY wrote:Well I am in a different boat, I didn't but the CE & I am not going to by the regular version either , I guess my taste have changed , & this game isn't appealing at all , I hate the searching for silhouettes , also one of my pet peeves , I do have the first one but have no desire to replay that one anytime soon ,,So far it's been Another lousy week for games ,, In my opinion

Hello all,
Looks like I'm in the same boat as OLDBAY, for this game just didn't spark my interest for some reason. Haven't even finished the demo and don't believe I care to. I guess my tastes have changed, also. I am much more selective now. I didn't buy the first one in this series, either.
On the plus side, I felt this game had great graphics and the mini games were interesting. Just prefer a stronger story line and less hidden object searches.
But, I'm happy for all you fishies who are enjoying this game. Big Fish releases a wide variety of games... even within any one genre, so there's usually something for everyone.
Happy gaming!
Classicaljazz

Go to: