bfgFlounder
9,721 Posts

Post any Strange Cases - The Lighthouse Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 3, 10 1:22 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

PONYTAILGIRL
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Cases - The Lighthouse Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by PONYTAILGIRL on Jun 3, 10 2:12 AM
I have gone through most of the game and am not allowed to proceed through the "restricted area" in order to complete the game.

There is no pointer signs that can be used to proceed. This appears to be a glich. I am definatey not happy with having to pay for the "collectors edition" and not complete the game.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jun 3, 10 2:34 AM
To Ponytailgirl: I have also bought the game but haven`t problems with the game. I would recommend to you contact the support team with . Good luck.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Jun 3, 10 4:57 AM
I overlooked the remote control on the dvd and now can't proceed. It will not let me "skip" the mini game. I like this game, but am more than a bit frustrated by this problem.

loridobs
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by loridobs on Jun 3, 10 5:00 AM
I am still in the demo and can not get past the rotating rings in the reading room. My blueprint looks nothing like the rings! I have tried the orientation used in the walkthrough but it does not work. The skip button does not work either!!!

Really like the game but this makes it a no buy for me as I can't continue!

Edited on 06/03/2010 at 5:12:48 AM PST

Candycleve
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Candycleve on Jun 3, 10 6:31 AM
I can't get this game to play..It worked the first time I installed it for a few minutes but now every time I try to play I get an error message..uninstalled and re installed twice but still won't play

misty5
Herring
Herring
303 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Jun 3, 10 7:23 AM
loridobs wrote:I am still in the demo and can not get past the rotating rings in the reading room. My blueprint looks nothing like the rings! I have tried the orientation used in the walkthrough but it does not work. The skip button does not work either!!!

loridobs, do you have the blueprint for the rings yet? You have to get that before you can solve the puzzle. When you get the blueprint, notice how each of the four symbols is situated. Which way is each facing? Is the small white circle on one of them in the same position as it appears on the blueprint, etc. You have to rotate each ring until its symbol looks exactly like the blueprint. It isn't about how the rings line up, but how the symbols are situated. Good luck!

loridobs
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by loridobs on Jun 3, 10 7:27 AM
misty5 wrote:
loridobs wrote:I am still in the demo and can not get past the rotating rings in the reading room. My blueprint looks nothing like the rings! I have tried the orientation used in the walkthrough but it does not work. The skip button does not work either!!!

loridobs, do you have the blueprint for the rings yet? You have to get that before you can solve the puzzle. When you get the blueprint, notice how each of the four symbols is situated. Which way is each facing? Is the small white circle on one of them in the same position as it appears on the blueprint, etc. You have to rotate each ring until its symbol looks exactly like the blueprint. It isn't about how the rings line up, but how the symbols are situated. Good luck!

Thanks Misty5. I believe I have it but I will double check!

[Post New]by Janzina on Jun 3, 10 11:04 AM
PONYTAILGIRL wrote:I have gone through most of the game and am not allowed to proceed through the "restricted area" in order to complete the game.

There is no pointer signs that can be used to proceed. This appears to be a glich. I am definatey not happy with having to pay for the "collectors edition" and not complete the game.

Edited on 06/03/2010 at 11:05:17 AM PST

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 3, 10 11:34 AM
My game stuck in the room just prior to the room with the "weak wall" to the canal. It wouldn''t take the card so I couldn't get the sledge hammer to break the wall. So am stuck. Am glad I got that far before I bought was just about to buy but now is a no go.... also seeing as it was only a little over 2 hr game not worth it. (It did pick up where the CE edition left off so that was nice)

[Post New]by plasmacatcher on Jun 3, 10 2:41 PM
I have gone through most of the game and am not allowed to proceed through the "restricted area" in order to complete the game.

same problem as ponytail girl

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

I have a small tech question

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Jun 3, 10 4:40 PM
I was playing the demo and I was at that little puzzle box with the Tao symbol on it and the game got really slow and It took me a while to get the discs to spin so I could solve the puzzle .everything was fine up till than and it got slower and slower and than my time was up . it was like a delay or something .Im really gun shy about games since I had so much trouble with hotel and heritage so what Im asking is could this delay just be because I was really close to the trial being over or is something hinky .I like the game and want to use my credit on it but not is there will be more problems like this down the line .I sure hope someone answers this question as Ive not had much luck with that .please let me know if you had a similar problem with the game seeming to delay through the mini games in the trial .thank you !

[Post New]by ladyhawkna on Jun 3, 10 4:55 PM
This is tomorrows game today, the regular, non exclusive version I've been waiting for. It wont let me sign in and buy it. Grrrrrrrrr

dippy1
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by dippy1 on Jun 3, 10 4:59 PM
i cant find the faucet handle any where its not where the walkthru says it is

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jun 3, 10 6:06 PM
The skip button in Tom's office for the photo id will not work. It fills up halfway and stops. I click on it and it does not skip. I cannot go any further until it works. I am so disappointed that so many of the games coming out now have so many things wrong with them.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jun 3, 10 8:26 PM
I finally finished the game. I had to find the webcam and photos of Tom before the photos would skip. The skip button worked after I put the web cam on the computer and the photos on the photo "thingamagig".

NikkiNox
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiNox on Jun 3, 10 8:31 PM
I just bought the game and was in the scene where there was the fire, picked up the fire extinguisher and put out most of the fire, went forward and was booted out of my game.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jun 4, 10 8:05 AM
Help! I am in the laboratory and can't find the tea bag, cannot pick up the lens and one other thing I need to proceed to the next room. The hint does not work, just takes me to the two objects I need but can't get until I find the tea bag!! I'm going nuts here, can anyone help?

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jun 4, 10 8:20 AM
Nevermind...........duh. I figured it out. Took me a while, though. If anyone was to respond, thanks anyway!

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jun 4, 10 8:21 AM
Oh, I morphed!? How interesting, I'm a squid. Hummmmmm

Go to: