lrs2112
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Error code 809

[Post New]by lrs2112 on Jan 9, 18 5:55 PM
OK, I give up. I can't find anything that works. I'm going insane not being able to play Midnight Castle!!! It started this morning at 5:00am. "DRMActivator application has stopped working". I checked for a solution to the problem but nothing happened. I've checked out everything I could think of but it still won't work. My sister is playing Big Kahuna Reef and has the same problem, so I think its a Big Fish problem not my computer. HELP!!!!!

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,831 Posts

Re:Error code 809

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Jan 9, 18 6:17 PM
Click HELP at top right of this page.

first page of help
scroll halfway down and click on error code 809

there is an article with clickable help there

lrs2112
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by lrs2112 on Jan 10, 18 5:15 AM
I've tried going there already. It seems to be above my level of understanding... oh well. Guess I need to get professional help in more ways than one...

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,199 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jan 10, 18 5:28 AM
Have you restarted your computer? That should take care of the problem almost all of the time. It's a good idea to restart your computer regularly anyway if you don't normally do that. It helps clean junk out of the memory, which we all need to do now and then.

lrs2112
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by lrs2112 on Jan 10, 18 5:49 AM
Yep. Done that several times. still won't work

gripes
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
496 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Jan 10, 18 7:37 AM
I run a ? # version of internet explorer...up by the address bar on the right hand corner are symbols ..... a house the star for favorites and a gear cog...

when my games start running off kilter I go the gear cog...click on it to open it... then I clear my browsing history I clear my download history with the exception of saved pass words.....I empty my waste basket ...then I restart my computer...and I usually enjoy a WALLA my precious to me games are running as smoothly as ever...

yours truly
gripy gripes

aka dair

lrs2112
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by lrs2112 on Jan 10, 18 5:15 PM
I don't use internet explorer. I use firefox. I've sent messages to BFG and tech support. Waiting to hear back. Since my sister is having the same issue, we think this is a Big Fish Games problem. Seems like it's been going on for quite a while. I sure hope someone can figure out what we can do. I really miss midnight castle )

lrs2112
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by lrs2112 on Jan 10, 18 6:19 PM
I give up. I'm going to bed. So long Midnight Castle

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,831 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Jan 12, 18 1:17 PM
Maybe a mod will swim by and help you make sense of it.

bfgIlinalta
3,762 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 12, 18 1:29 PM
Hello lrs2112,

I'm sorry to hear that this issue persisted despite using our help page troubleshooting for this specific error. It sounds like you've already contacted our Support Team for more assistance, and I recommend staying in touch with them.

Our Reps may have further questions to ask or may have information they need to gather to continue assisting. Please also let our Reps know any steps you've already tried to resolve this issue, this will help them find more steps to try as well as better define the issue being described. Thanks for understanding and I hope our Reps are able to get back in touch soon to help out.

Thank you gripes, rosievt, and susiewastaken for swimming by with that assistance; it appears that our Support Team will need to take it from here since those steps didn't seem to help out.

Since this seems to be discussing a technical issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. Players who would like to discuss technical issues for the PC version of Midnight Castle should do so in the appropriate thread linked below:

Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

Posting to the appropriate threads helps keep our forums more accessible as well as assists the teams behind the game and moderators better understand the impact of those reports as well as respond to them faster. Thanks for understanding and helping keep our forums as accessible as possible.

Thank you as well for your patience while waiting on our Reps to get back in touch. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: