Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,023 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Beyond the Invisible: Darkness Came here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 10, 18 12:42 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/10/2018 at 10:40:46 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Beyond the Invisible: Darkness Came here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 10, 18 6:03 AM

Beyond the Invisible: Evening was a really good game with an excellent creep factor, so naturally I was super excited to see that Darkness Came, was finally released today. After playing the demo however, my excitement turned to disappointment. There's no creep factor other than the fact that the gamma correction controls are darker than most games. The hand drawn graphics are well done, but basic and cartoonish in appearance, I'm more impressed with the CG in the game itself.

In Beyond the Evening, the town of Woodville was shrouded in a strange dark mist, anyone who dared to venture into the darkness, never returned. The Detective had just solved the case, when a distress call came in from the neighboring town of Gateville. Was his fatigue getting the best of him, or did a phantom just appear in the middle of the road?

You know the game's going to be predictable when it starts out with a mysterious cloaked dark figure standing in the middle of the road. The first game in this series was so creative, so unique, and the orphan girl made the story come to life. What happened? Why did the devs make us wait nearly 3 years, just to give us the same ole same ole?

[Post New]by JamieJB on Jan 10, 18 6:19 AM
The game has nice graphics, but the story is nothing new. Sometimes that
doesn't bother me, but the dialog didn't help keep my interest.
Try the demo, you might like it, but it the game isn't for me.

nanafraser
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Jan 10, 18 7:17 AM
Just blah! There are voice overs, not a lot of HO scenes! There's bugs in game though getting it started had to try over & over, grabbing objects seemed hard had to make several try's!
I have windows 10 & my computer maybe a year old! So I shouldn't have problem w/ my computer! I think as game goes on there will be more fish w/ tech probs! I don't like too creepy games so that parts OK w/ me! & I'm desperate for a new game so I'm gonna give it I try. I have a feeling I'm gonna be sorry I did! I may come back later & let others know if it was worth it!

Edited on 01/10/2018 at 7:26:35 AM PST

bfgBeruna
1,783 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 10, 18 10:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Beyond the Invisible: Darkness Came here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Beyond the Invisible: Darkness Came.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,660 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Jan 10, 18 12:46 PM
I Beta tested this game and thought it wasn't super good or super bad. I do however have some free game coupons going to waste, so I used one. It seems a little jumpy in places, but haven't ran into any glitches so far.

I like the fact that it's more logic than HO's and puzzles, although it's not what I would call a real adventure game.

Anyway, graphics are ok, not great, but for a free game coupon worth it as a time passer.

And as such I give it....

1/2

Abs

Edited on 01/10/2018 at 4:06:35 PM PST

cathybobcat
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Jan 10, 18 1:41 PM
Where did they get this one from? I only lasted for half the demo, which I believe was a 60 minutes demo. This has the appearance of a very old game. There are only 3 levels of play...hint takes a long time to fill, maybe 30 seconds...not quite sure of it exactly. One thing good about the hint is that it points you directly where you need to go...even if you are 3 scenes away it will take you to the spot. I used it frequently. The map was like it was made out of a brown paper bag. It does transport you. The graphics were so dark (and murky) it was difficult to find items you needed. And exactly what item you were looking for was another chore. The clicking is clunky, even when placing inventory. Some of the inventory you use is stupid...putting a fire out with a bucket of water...giving a berry to get rid of ants...on and on, going back and forth with useless activity. I got tired of all the clicking.

You can adjust the brightness, but when you make it brighter, above the halfway level, it only makes the scenes cloudy, adding a haze to them, making it even harder to see. This game was boring, slow moving, and tedious. I only came across one hos in the 30 minutes I played and it was interactive. It was ok, but after you finish with it, that scene stays open instead of closing as they normally do. You do not obtain an inventory item from it...at least I didn't. It would have been better if there had been more hos, because it was the only thing I enjoyed. There were more puzzles, maybe 4 or 5 (instructions poor), but even those were like they were in a game from years ago and I doubt that they would be appealing to anyone. You can skip them...and I did.

The best part of this game that I played, other than the one hos, was deleting it from my game manager. I wouldn't want this if they gave it to me.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jan 10, 18 3:21 PM
I was taken aback at the horrific English, which was all over the place, misspelled, and just plain weird. He is amiss, meaning, I suppose he feels off somehow, but amiss is the wrong word. One word is missing it's final "e," and the back of his car is both the boot (U.K.) and the trunk (U.S.). There's an electric air dryer for wet hands outside in the street next to a fountain, the bottom of the fountain is a sink, this just kept on happening, and I got tired of it. When I went to BF, I was thinking of 3 stars, and right now as I post, that's the rating for the posted reviews. Really unpolished and sloppy.

nanafraser
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Jan 10, 18 6:14 PM
I think I'm almost finished w/ game & like I said Id be back to give my opinion! It really gets better as you play it! Yes its old fashioned, maps useless, drawn pics are goofy, but either a coupon or sale price its not a bad little game! Its a shame fishes are judging the game by the beginning!

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jan 10, 18 7:11 PM
I agree with what NancySusan and cathybobcat posted, as this is a very unpolished and sloppy game. Dialogue and comments were in some of the worst English I have seen. If there are one or two objects incorrectly named, I can accept that, but almost every sentence in the demo had something that was incorrect. In addition, we have shadowy figures wrecking havoc on a small town. I cannot imagine how this game gets better after the demo.

[Post New]by msbelle54217 on Jan 10, 18 7:44 PM
How old is this thing? It was like going back in time. I used a free game ticket so at least I didn't waste any money on this dog. Slow game play. Slow controls. Just slow.
Nice graphics, so-so storyline. It just had the feel of an old game revamped but not up to 21st century game play. Sad because with the proper treatment it could have been a winner.

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Jan 11, 18 4:48 PM
After I played the demo of this game I wasn't ready to give up and delete it like many others I've tried recently. I actually wanted to see what it really was all about, so I purchased this game and I was very pleasantly surprised how intriguing and interesting it was. It was like reading a fairly good book. The hints were very helpful and the game worked perfectly.with lots of problems to solve.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jan 12, 18 3:15 PM
Tried this game with an open mind, but just couldn't get into it. The slowness of everything bugged me from moving an object to loading a gun, drove me nuts. I didn't mind the graphics too much, maybe if you like comics you'll like this.

A no buy for me.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,360 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 15, 18 7:19 AM
I lasted as far as 'I'm off my nuts with all this'....whatever was next I didn't notice as I was crying with laughter

Sorry but the grammar is atrocious, the spelling needs work and the game seems about 10 years old. 'These ants look dangerous' was another fall about laughing moment; were the ants carrying machine guns?? As Loki says in 'Avengers Assemble' "an ant has no quarrel with a boot", so no need to look any further than your foot to get rid of those 'dangerous' ants!

Really tried to like this game but it needs a lot of work before it's suitable for today's gaming market.

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

An interesting game. with a heart.

[Post New]by kandinsky on Jan 16, 18 4:28 PM
I have played more than half the game and done something which probably I shouldnt have--looked at the conclusion on a youtube walkthrough. But I think I will still play it through to get more of an experience of it.
I think I can say some things with confidence.
1)playing the demo is not enough.
2)*it would be better if we had a strategy guide and the option of shortening wait time on hints and skips which seem to be only 30 seconds. there is a platinum edition which perhaps has these things? I wish bigfish had given us that.
3) the English is quirky. This will annoy some. It will seem more amusing than annoying to others and I am of this group, it doesnt bother me. if anything it makes the game seem fresher than the smoother ones.
4)the plot is .. goodhearted could we say?
that is not nothing. many stories in games seem without any heart at all.
I find i like the characters!

In fact I like the game. you may too. I havent liked very many games lately. hey! give it a chance! .
Later: finished game with increasing pleasure as I went along. posted a review at the sale site.

Edited on 01/17/2018 at 4:50:02 PM PST

Go to: