bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Deep Blue Sea 2

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 4, 10 1:43 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Deep Blue Sea 2? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Deep Blue Sea 2

[Post New]by biomix on Jun 4, 10 2:37 AM
This Match 3 is swap style. You have to get treasure gems to drop down to the bottom. You will know how many you need to collect if you look on the right side of the tank. You can always continue to collect gems once you've collected the required amount or you can go on to earn more points/money.
The equipment shop is cool. It gives you a maximum per item you can purchase with the money you have earned. When you go back in to dive you can take a tool or tools as you get more experienced with you on the dive. Such as a tile breaker; oxygen tank; a swap tool, etc. As you go forward more tools are available to you.
To earn more money you can do the hidden object scene. There is only one but the objects are displaced for each scene. For this hog scene you can scroll up or down the screen to find your objects. The level of difficulty goes up as you play. You will need to bread chains; de-ice etc. But then again you will have more tools to take with you as the game gets more challenging.
I have the first Deep Blue Sea game and I loved it. I found it to be very relaxing. You can play in relaxed mode or timed. The music suits the game. Don't really hear it after a few rounds.
If you are a Match 3 fan I would most definitely recommend this one.

I have been waiting for this one and I am buying it.

Nyweo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Nyweo on Jun 4, 10 3:12 AM
I can't get the game to run at all. What should I do?

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jun 4, 10 3:28 AM
Hi Nyweo,

Check out the post on 'Post any technical issues here' and try some of their suggestions. Most often works.
If not, or if you are not comfortable doing so, click on the green envelope on the lower bottom hand side of this screen for Customer Service. They are EXCELLENT!
Good luck.

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on Jun 4, 10 3:44 AM
Love it! Bought it Nice and relaxing!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 4, 10 6:01 AM
Thanks for the review Biomix.

I have just started playing Match 3 games so any of them with relax mode is good to me
This game also seems to have something different where you can pick different divers to use - I am not sure what difference it makes yet - experience? but learning here as I go.

I like the swap mode match 3 best and ones with a goal such as moving items to the bottom of the screen so this one suits me and it's a sale here

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jun 4, 10 7:12 AM
i also have the first one and love it. i find match 3's calming, so when i want to chill out i pull up a match 3 game and play.

this game is similar to the first except that you can switch between divers, each diver has different qualities, you can see their qualities when you click on their picture. you can upgrade your tools in the shop, and to earn money you can visit the musuem and do a hog scene.

very good graphics and the story isn't bad either, music not too bad. you do have an option of playing story mode or relaxed mode. i didn't play the relaxed mode so i don't know if it does actually tell the story or not.

i give it 4 out of 5

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jun 4, 10 7:19 AM
I loved the first game while playing in timed mode. I don't like timed mode in HOGs but in match-3 games I tend to get bored unless I am playing with a timer. The timer was quite generous in the first game and if the second game works the same way, you can buy yourself extra time by using powerups (oxygen).

I read elsewhere that the game has 200 levels and that there are 39 powerups and upgrades.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 4, 10 7:57 AM
Yes the relaxed mode tells the story. I tried both breifly and they were same apart from timer.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 4, 10 9:05 AM
this game is definitely in the "relax" pile... very nice graphics, nice background music, easy to define goals and good ratings on achievements, too... i like how the divers can gain experience and earn "extras" via the treasure shop... it's got a real storyline that is easy to follow and offers hours of leisurely play...

divers do it deeper!

owlgirl61
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by owlgirl61 on Jun 4, 10 9:36 AM
Definitely a purchase for me. Loved the first game, especially the music. This has great music too. Like the way you can switch between divers. Completed just 14 levels before trial ran out.

Game makes you work for your power ups. Only one purchased power up can be carried on the dive belt until your diver upgrades to carry 2 items, and later on more items. Treasure chests can be upgraded too.

Love the hidden object mini game, keeps things interesting.

More please like this.

Lunarea
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Lunarea on Jun 4, 10 10:13 AM
I've purchased some match 3 games and I think they're pretty fun when I'm in the mood to relax. However, Deep Blue Sea 2 is a no-buy for me.

Graphics were pretty and bright. The match 3 portion had some animation for the cute little critters, and I found that a lot of fun. I also enjoyed the character art. Phew, you could really tell that they had personality!

Music was nice. I didn't feel the need to turn it off, which is always a plus. There were some subtle atmospheric effects, and it really helped give the impression of being underwater.

Gameplay was simple, but that's the attraction of match 3s! There was also a hidden object portion, which is a nice break. Word of warning: Hidden object screen has a camera that scrolls up and down and it can make a person feel sick. So, if you've felt sick when playing first person 3d envinronment games with camera control and didn't like it, you really won't enjoy the HOG part. I guess you can minimize it by scrolling the screen in little bursts, but it's a really uncomfortable feeling regardless. There was also a timer and a cap on how much treasure you can dig up.

In the end, the scrolling in HOG is what made me turn off the demo.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Jun 4, 10 11:24 AM
Really cute game. I don't normally play many 3 match games, but this is interesting. I like the relaxed pace, it's rather soothing. The fast paced time management games make my nerves jangle after awhile. Love the smiling sea creatures, quite friendly. Since I have some credits burning a hole in my pocket, I probably will buy, and use the game to unwind at the end of the day. Then my dreams will be filled with grinning crabs and sea horses.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Jun 4, 10 1:44 PM
It will be no surprise to those of you who have read my reviews to find out that I bought this game, and have played it ever since.

I won't repeat the descriptions already given, just point out a few new things: This is a game that is fairly complex. It takes a couple of runs at it to figure out strategies. (I'll be posting a few tips.) It does require careful consideration of the various power-ups, and ignoring the power-ups (which is the way I prefer to play, if possible) is not an option. The screens get significantly more difficult late in the game, with a lot of thought required to get the amulets to an exit. I really love the fact that you can "pass" a level without getting all the amulets, you just don't get a top rating for that level.

The addition of additional divers as the game goes forward adds a lot of fun.

As far as I can tell, the timed and untimes versions are exactly the same except for the timer. One aspect I love is that you are not punished with reduced points if you play untimed, so you don't lose out on money for purchasing items.

I call this one Lisa-approved with

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jun 4, 10 2:00 PM
As someone mentioned, nice graphs and music. Some interesting features like the possibility to rotate the field in some levels and that you can switch diver and choose the one with the skills that may help you better on each level.
It mixes a bit of HOG.
Just did the demo and found it fairly easy, but given that it seems to have over 200 levels I expect it gets more challenging as the game advances.
Storyline nice (but not wonderful IMHO).
I enjoyed the demo, but still prefer other swap-match-3 titles around.
All in all a good game. 7/10

PS.Anyone else wondering why there are so many games of this style set in the sea?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jun 4, 10 2:08 PM
Playing on timed mode I have reached level 15 and I believe this game is going to get more difficult than the previous game. As ecblisa pointed out, you are going to need to spend some time thinking over strategies and what powerups to choose. I really like this game and there are a lot of hours of play here.

Now if we could just see a sequel to Caribbean Hideaway, too!

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jun 4, 10 2:31 PM
Howatch wrote:
Now if we could just see a sequel to Caribbean Hideaway, too!

oooo yes!

wjd72
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by wjd72 on Jun 4, 10 4:13 PM
I love the game and I would buy it but I am having trouble with the cursor,you can't change it for this game can you
wendy

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 4, 10 6:38 PM
Gieyo wrote:PS.Anyone else wondering why there are so many games of this style set in the sea?

I'm guessing it's due to Big Kahuna Reef breaking so much ground in the swap match-3 arena. But I do think the underwater theme is way overdone.

As for this game, I just finished playing the demo. If I'm just going to move items down the screen, I can play Around the World in 80 days - and at least that game has a *few* clear-the-gold-tiles boards mixed in. Or I can play Hotei's Jewels. Those are both timed games though, so this does have the advantage of offering a relaxed mode.

Edited on 06/04/2010 at 6:51:18 PM PST

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jun 5, 10 4:07 AM
I didn't care for this Match-3 and I love the genre of games. It's boring and too easy. Not much for a challenge. It's good for younger ages, though.

Go to: