bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 4, 10 1:45 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Shirm1
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies technical issues here only

[Post New]by Shirm1 on Jun 4, 10 10:36 AM
When I try to play the one-hour 'try it' version, I get the following message: 'can't find bass.dll' file. This happened with a couple of other games, as well.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jun 4, 10 10:46 AM
Welcome to the pond Shirm1!

This error may be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling your trial. To do this just open your Game Manager and click the trash icon next to your trial. Then click the "Try it" button from the game page again. The Game Manager will remember the amount of time left on the trial.

If this doesn't help you can always contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgTigris

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Jun 4, 10 1:27 PM
I'm getting the same thing and have already reinstalled the game. Still crashing.

Shirm1
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Shirm1 on Jun 4, 10 3:39 PM
I have un-installed and installed 3 times. Still the same problem.

sheepgirl
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by sheepgirl on Jun 19, 10 9:05 AM
Me too - - downloaded 3x and still crashing. But having read the forums - it sounds as though I have been saved wasting a couple of hours playing it.....rubbish apparently.

lovintnt
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by lovintnt on Sep 17, 10 2:13 PM
Again, this game won't start. Just as in the earlier posts. This is getting very old and extremely frustrating! Every game I have tried in the past week or so has done this and I am sick of it! Apparently the only thing that is working there is the program that takes the money out of my account for my membership fee...that went through no problem! Yes, I have contacted CS. They just say the standard "It has to be your antivirus." Well, newsflash - if this many people are having the same problem all of a sudden with YOUR site, it is not OUR antivirus programs!

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Dec 10, 10 5:22 AM
Why is it, I never have trouble with the games? Mine always work. Maybe it's because I got xp and not Vista or win 7.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Jan 17, 11 4:06 AM
Just finished the demo on this, doubt I will buy even as a DD. My game started, I checked out the options (always a good thing to do). Noticed there was a 3D checkbox, wasn't sure that would work. Tried anyway, game gave me blackscreen and crashed. Went back in on a hunch, unchecked the 3D option and it worked fairly well, since my graphic capabilities are somewhat limited. Did have a flickering cursor which was annoying. Some minor graphics issues. Otherwise, technically it worked passably on XP.

LadyBastet
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBastet on Jan 27, 11 11:00 PM
Hi-
I'm not sure if this is a technical issue, but I can't go anywhere in the game...
I'm in the Musician's Room and I need to open the chest with the paperclip. Well, I grabbed the paperclip, stuck it in the chest and nothing happened. Now I have a locked chest and no paperclip. Is this a glitch? Can anyone offer suggestions? Am I posting to the right place??
Thanks!

Mlanda88
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Mlanda88 on Aug 17, 11 2:58 PM
Where the the IPad walkthrough for this game?

[Post New]by FishHeadCurry on Sep 5, 11 1:26 AM
Bought the HH2 for iPad today. Stuck in Hunter's room due to code bug, this really sucks and I don't want to restart the game. I have finished finding all items in the room and need to now tap on the suitcase in lower left hand corner of the room to get the detailed view. BUG! Tapping on suitcase doesn't do anything. The detailed screen flashed up once and never showed again. I am STUCK in the game at thispoint, I have used up all 5 hints and they all say "tap on items in suitcase" but I cannot get in! :-(((((( please help, this is really disappointing and lame, I have restarted the app 3 times, rebooted my ipad2, nothing helped. I bought 20 big fish games today and this is the first I am playing, I sure hope the other games arentlike this, I currently already have 35 big fish games, come on, fix this please and tell me I don't have to restart my game...

Tbenz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Tbenz on Sep 14, 11 4:38 PM
Having the same problem as FishHeadCurry above. Help!

[Post New]by terijean on Jan 5, 12 8:17 PM
My game doesn't save when I need to leave & I have to start over every time. Is there a fix to this or do I have to uninstall & I re-install? I like to play my game over time. I play on an iPad 2. Please help!

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Apr 18, 12 8:04 AM
the game wont start after I click on play, just a black screen but the music plays

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Apr 20, 12 8:44 AM
reinstalled it today same thing wont start.. sucks

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 25, 13 12:32 PM
phoenix rising - I have the same problem with the black screen after the title screen, my workaround (which you shouldn't have to do but if anyone still wants to and doesn't mind doing all this)

right-click on shortcut
open file location
scroll down to a greyed out image which says haunted hotel 2 ( application)
right click on that and go into properties then compatibility mode
then click on run this program in compatibility mode for windows xp service pack 3
and also click, run as administrator. (it doesn't have compat mode in shortcut, but even if it did you should do this in file location)

I was OK a couple of times doing this and running the GM but going through the shortcut it didn't work. If it still is giving problems you have to click on that greyed out/haunted hotel 2 and run the game from there. BTW if it opens in a close up view of a hotel registry you need to change username as you can't get out of that as you need the keys from the scene beforehand.

This was one of the games when first released, I had bugs and now years later I'm finally playing it with this work around just because I'm OCD and need to cross it off my unplayed list!

Edited on 07/25/2013 at 12:34:03 PM PST

Go to: