bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Post any Deep Blue Sea 2 technical issues here

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jun 4, 10 12:08 PM
Hey everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Happy Gaming!

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Re:Post any Deep Blue Sea 2 technical issues here

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jun 4, 10 8:03 PM
I selected Dodge, and began a new dive, my game went to a "Pause" screen after a few seconds. I had to press the Escape key and then select Resume to continue the game. I switched back to Melissa and the problem happened again.

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Jun 4, 10 8:26 PM
I downloaded the new build - same error, No picture or logo, just the music. So I'm trying a complete defrag (it's been running for about 2-1/2 hours & is only 44% done - obviously I should do this more often ) and will see what happens then. My desktop is an older computer, about 5-6 years old with 1 GB memory & XP.

So, since I couldn't do anything else, I tried downloading the game to my laptop - brand new, Windows 7 & 4 GB. It runs fine.

So, I'm thinking yesterday the game would only run on XP and today another game won't run on XP. Just out of courosity, I'd like to know which operating system is having the most problems today.

UPDATE: Ran the disk defrag, cleaned up all the temp files, etc, dl the new build and same thing - music but no graphics. I'm going to run Dr. Felix and send the results to tech support, but my guess is the game isn't compatible with the graphics card in my HP. The game runs fine on my Sony laptop (new, Windows 7, 4 GB memory), so I'm thinking that the old graphics card just isn't supported.

At least I can run the game on my laptop - and I really liked it, so it's probably going on the buy list.

Edited on 06/04/2010 at 9:56:34 PM PST

dee1954
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by dee1954 on Jun 6, 10 4:04 AM
well big fish thanks for the new download but it still is horrid cannot even play the game so guess this one is out the window....

[Post New]by garfield54 on Jun 10, 10 7:47 AM
Purchased game on June 9 - trial and 1st two levels played very well. Get to level 3 & the game locks up. I have checked all the drivers which are up to date. I have removed the history etc from my system. Even uninstalled/reinstalled game thinking that maybe I had a bad download.

Still locks up to where I have to manually shut down. Ctrl/Alt/Del will not work neither does the mouse. Have to reboot the whole laptop.

Any other suggestions? Very fun game. Disappointed that I can't get any further

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Jun 16, 10 4:16 PM
Vista here, loads of memory, and the laptop is a year and a half old so it really should play most games fine and does.

This game (however) crashed my computer twice. Display adapter froze/stopped responding so Vista decided to make sure nothing went wrong it would shut the system down. So yeah, even if the game was any good I would not be buying it.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Jul 12, 10 7:52 AM
Hi Dashwood95, I have the same age (Vista) laptop (ditto yours + plenty of memory). It also plays most games well but Deep Blue Sea 2 seems to be jinxed for me! This all started happening after I had bought the game and was well into the levels. Suddenly, without warning, my computer closed down and did so each time I played the game. Give it less than 5 minutes and off it would go again. I was delighted to see there seemed to be a resolution to the problem and followed the instructions to uninstall then reinstall and at first all seemed cured. The very next day it started acting up again and caused my laptop to shut down once more. I am really disappointed as I have been enjoying the game and have persevered throughout (regardless of shutdowns) but now I am totally fed up. Please, Please Big Fish sort it out once and for all so I can get back to playing without the regular black screen/shut down syndrome straining my patience to it's limit.
In hope of a cure, Pat_ric_ia x

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Aug 3, 10 9:02 PM
The only technical problem that I had during the playing of the game was during the hidden object. This was at the Naval Museum. Occasionally, there would be two listings of an article such as trident. This is different from having a listing with two tridents. The second listing of trident can not be resolved, as after the first one is found, the other tridents are neutralized and can not be selected. To get out of this, just click leave and that particular hidden object scene is skipped.

At the end of the bonus levels, I clicked on continue and play level and the game went to a sea scape with no buttons. I used ctrl-alt-del to get out of there. The escape button did not work.

fifi949
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by fifi949 on Dec 5, 10 3:57 AM
has some one finished the game? I did at level 200 something, then a blue deep sea pictures opened and froze, I hat to shut down the computer

fifi949
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by fifi949 on Dec 5, 10 4:13 AM
tried to replay level 92, I opened the game clicked on 92 and here we go again,frozen all over, hat to reboot again.
By now I have so many games witch are not working proper that I don't buy any anymore
everything is updated , it is not my computer

Go to: