From Da Cap

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

From Da Cap

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Jan 11, 18 11:27 AM
As you might have seen I have a note beside my Avatar been feeling poorly last week or so so that is the reason for my absents.
Seems the Gall Bladder that I had drained and 299 stones removed has decided to return with a vengence so on dry bread and soup or risk an attack ,
I am going to turn into a bowl of flipping soup, see I am a meat and potatoe kinda guy and this is murder
Anyway just wanted to let you all know I am still here and still waiting for the three scans before they operate MURDER I TELL YA MURDER i do not do waiting very well.
Congrats to all the finishe The CC and to those still missing Trees, Stockings and Snowmen DO NOT GIVE UP you can do it...

Da Cap

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:From Da Cap

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 11, 18 11:29 AM
Please keep us posted as new progress becomes available......Hopefully ...... sooon!

And, again we thank Ada for keeping us up to date in your absence....

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 11, 18 11:31 AM
Oh, and recently, playingthegame and I were drinking tea and eating lots of chocolate in your honor when you were unable.....

Shall I start with the steak and potatoes?????? ...... but there is only so much I can do because the chocolates have already "stuck around the middle"

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 11, 18 11:35 AM
So sorry to hear you've been doing so poorly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..... I understand the pain and can empathize with greatly limiting what I eat to avoid severe side affects that leave one balled up on the floor or in bed wishing for a quick end.... I am so hoping to hear here SOON that you are on the road to recovery...

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Jan 11, 18 11:44 AM
I hope all goes well and that you are feeling better soon

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 11, 18 11:54 AM
Oh! my leader and partner in the game.
Can I send you some flowers, of the edible variety of course (1 cal. per petal)
Consider yourself to be lucky as there are abbreviations out there above your hospital cot which are worse that a diet: NBM; LO; and the worst one of all: DNR
(I am only trying to cheer you up!!)

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 11, 18 12:25 PM
Dearest Randy,I'm wishing you all the best for a quick respite from pain.I do hope the hospital sort you out soon so your fit & well to join us.
My very best wishes
Ros

jack7242
Clownfish
Clownfish
721 Posts

[Post New]by jack7242 on Jan 11, 18 1:17 PM
Sorry to hear you are on starvation rations No need to avoid all the foods you like, just the fatty/greasy/creamy ones.

Why don't they just take the darn thing out. I was only in hospital for 24 hours. Would have been less, but for no apparent reason, my BP nose-dived, so they kept me in overnight as a precaution.

Sending healing powers your way.

Grimwald
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by Grimwald on Jan 11, 18 2:59 PM
Here's wishing you well, Randy.
Grimwald

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

From Da Cap

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Jan 11, 18 3:11 PM
eastendteddy wrote:As you might have seen I have a note beside my Avatar been feeling poorly last week or so so that is the reason for my absents.
Seems the Gall Bladder that I had drained and 299 stones removed has decided to return with a vengence so on dry bread and soup or risk an attack ,
I am going to turn into a bowl of flipping soup, see I am a meat and potatoe kinda guy and this is murder
Anyway just wanted to let you all know I am still here and still waiting for the three scans before they operate MURDER I TELL YA MURDER i do not do waiting very well.
Congrats to all the finishe The CC and to those still missing Trees, Stockings and Snowmen DO NOT GIVE UP you can do it...

Da Cap

Hi Randy,

Glad to see you posted this....since you told me all of this last night I wasn't sure if you were going to post or want me to.

I'll be glad for you when this all gets taken care of, even though I know the recovery afterward will be long and painful. But, in the long run, you'll have your life back!

Hang in there, my dear friend!

Ada

PCGRAM
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by PCGRAM on Jan 11, 18 3:32 PM
My goodness, you've had your share! Hoping to hear soon that all is well and you are back to your good self.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jan 11, 18 4:12 PM
Randy.........I am SO sorry to hear you are feeling poorly..........please take care of yourself and come back even stronger!

PetraN54
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by PetraN54 on Jan 11, 18 4:25 PM
So sorry to hear you are feeling poorly, Randy. Coming from a family where only my sister and I still have our Gall Bladder, I have watched my family members suffer as you are now. And that counts my son too, he had his out also. But they all bounced right back after it was all over. Take care and I hope this is taken care of soon for you.

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

From Da Cap

[Post New]by Shawkn on Jan 11, 18 9:49 PM
eastendteddy wrote:...so on dry bread and soup or risk an attack ,

I shall eat dry bread and soup in solidarity with you, Randy!

Thanks for posting what's going on. Had my GB out 30+ years ago but I can still recall the ugly feeling of an attack. Yikes! They should do a horror movie, "When Gallbladders Attack" and have them throw stones at people and belch bile at them. It really is that horrible!

Kate / Sayadina

Edited on 01/11/2018 at 9:51:02 PM PST

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Jan 11, 18 10:06 PM
Get-well fairy has been dispatched to speed your recovery.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 11, 18 10:55 PM
susiewastaken wrote:Get-well fairy has been dispatched to speed your recovery.

With a crate of honey-rum for post-op recovery!
Take care my Friend

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Jan 11, 18 11:02 PM
Yikes - hope you feel better soon!

katiek

SA__
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SA__ on Jan 11, 18 11:41 PM
Hope they manage to fix you real soon

Sa

dandydog
Clownfish
Clownfish
803 Posts

[Post New]by dandydog on Jan 12, 18 5:44 AM
Randy dear...Boy how I wish that Mrs Fletcher could "PoP" or "PooF" into Your Home... ... bringing Bing along with Her cause Bing thinks the World of you too. They would insist that You, Donna, Ada/Angel.. ..(when She's visiting that is.. ) an any other Family and Friends too... just get "Comfy" like cause....while there...She is going to go into... "Supper Granny Mode"... ... and take over all the Cleaning... and... Bing's supervising and doing all the Cooking...Yesterday...Bing and Mrs Fletcher met with Doctor Poppet so now know all that You..."You Sweet Ole Codger you"... ... can or cannot digest.... and have devised all kinds of Yummy dishes designed for to make your tummy nice and happy......

Edited on 01/12/2018 at 5:46:04 AM PST

riddler01
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by riddler01 on Jan 12, 18 6:07 AM
Your a tough man, cap, hang in there, meat and taters are coming your way, hope all goes well. And unfortunately you are right, bread and soup are moider, I say, in the first degree!

Riddler

Go to: