Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Moai V: New Generation here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 12, 18 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/12/2018 at 9:20:59 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Moai V: New Generation here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 12, 18 9:20 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Moai V: New Generation here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Moai V: New Generation.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 12, 18 4:05 PM

I'VE CHANGED MY MIND

After playing the Collector's Edition version, and now this Standard Edition demo, I've come to the conclusion that this game isn't worthy of a 5 star rating. I have always loved the Moai Time Management series, and this game would have, and should have been another fantastic game. But no matter how many times I replay the levels, I just can't earn 3 stars, in fact I'm luck if I earn ANY stars! I'm not talking about level 30, or even level 15, I'm talking right from the get go.

I consider myself to be a fairly seasoned Time Management player, so I thought I would appreciate the challenge this game presented, but it's nearly impossible to finish the tasks within the time limits given. Sure, I COULD play in the Easy mode with no time limits, but what's the point? For me, that just makes the game a mindless point and click game, I don't mind a challenge, and I don't mind replaying a level over and over, until I earn all 3 stars, because it gives me a sense of accomplishment to finally earn what I worked so hard to achieve. If earning the stars in this game is impossible, well, that's not very fun is it? Bottom line is, I am convinced that this game is too difficult for me personally, however, if you're okay with playing in an Easy mode, or you are really, really good (and wicked fast) at managing your time, this game is perfect, and my hats off to those of you who can easily earn all 3 stars!

swordsdd
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by swordsdd on Jan 12, 18 4:38 PM
I agree with pennmom36. I just played the demo and I couldn't get any stars. I have the rest of the series and I enjoyed the play and the challenges in the later levels. This one is impossible and playing in casual mode with no timer has no challenge. I won't be buying this game. I don't need the frustration.

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Jan 12, 18 5:59 PM
I love this type of game and own a couple of this series, but this is just ridiculous. It took me three tries to get the very first level finished before the time ran completely out, and I just gave up and quit after the first attempt of the second level. It's like the characters move in extremely slow motion--can't imagine how slow they would go when they get to sand pits or mud! This is nothing but pure frustration, no joy whatsoever.

dollfaye
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by dollfaye on Jan 13, 18 1:39 AM
I'm just throwing my 2-cents in here and agreeing with the others. Easy mode is pointless to play but, if you can't get gold, so are the other modes. What's the sense of developing a game that only a select (I'll dare to say scant) handful can win at?

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Jan 13, 18 6:20 AM
I wanted to enjoy this game so much but I have to agree with everyone else. It is just too frustrating and I usually love TMG.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 13, 18 7:17 AM
Well, at least I know now that I wasn't the only one who found this game impossible! When you replay the first level several times and still can't get ANY stars, how on earth do they expect you to make it through the entire game? When I first played the CE, I thought I was just having a bad day, because I usually don't have issues with TM games, and certainly not on the first level.

What a shame because this is an awesome series! Don't let this game deter you from all games in this series, the previous games are awesome!

[Post New]by NorthStorm on Jan 14, 18 10:59 AM
I usually agree with the reviews of penmom36 but this time I have to disagree. True, the game is quite challenging but it's possible to finish levels in gold time (there's no 3 stars in this serie). You may need to play a level a second time to see what you need in term of ressources, in what order you need it and how you can accumulate it. As the previous episode, it's a click alot game (it shouldn't be a new feature for the diehard fans).

The most frustrating thing for me is the magic that you need to active with the twin sister, it hides in its own arrow menu on the left side of the screen that you need to pull out in order to cast a spell. There's a lot of different producing buildings that can be build, so choose wisely. I also wished we could play with both twins at the same time and combine the magic and backpack upgrades together (I've finished 10 levels on the two different paths so far so maybe it will be possible somewhere at the end). For me it still is a really good game, one that will take a lot more time to finish too! The music and game play are the same as the previous versions. I haven't encountered thiefs/ghosts/birds that usually attack and destroys your buildings (yet...). There's some angry gods that destroy your buidings on the path to uncover the magic too.

greendle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by greendle on Jan 18, 18 8:30 AM
I couldn't agree more. I hope the developers are paying attention to the fact that experienced players who are fans of the series are seriously disappointed with the game play of this one. Especially, for me, when you have to earn gold to be able to get to the added areas of the game. I bought this one without even playing the demo as part of a BOGO offer because I knew I liked the others in the series. Very sorry I did. Off to play something else until they decide to fix this.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 20, 18 7:38 PM
I was thinking about the difficulty level, and I thought ok well if its this hard, then it must be a thing like with the others in this series where youre able to go back after upgrading your equipment or skills or whatever, and then the times will be more realistic.

That being said, the reason I came to this game's forum in the first place is this:
I had to come & check the date of the release of this game. I thought maybe it was one of the older ones. So far I havent seen a single difference or newly-added feature. But I have played only about 55 minutes total.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Mar 28, 18 2:04 AM
Oh, I SOOOOO wish I'd come to the forum first. I saw Moai V and bought it immediately. I've really enjoyed the previous games in this series.

At first I thought it was me doing something wrong. But no, this game is just impossible. Having just finished Viking Brothers 3, and battling to get 3 stars on every level, I was really looking forward to Moai V.

How wrong can I be. It's a nightmare of gigantic proportions. I can't even finish a level with anything left in the timer meter. I changed to Easy mode but that was just plain boring, no challenge, just point and click.

What on earth were the devs thinking of when they set that timer. Either give more time or get those workers moving faster, it's as if they're dragging their feet through molasses. My poor old blind cat could get there faster.

I'll carry on playing but only because I bought the game. It's not at all enjoyable. What a huge disappointment.

ADDED to say I am STILL spitting feathers at the impossible complexity of this game on every level.

Edited on 04/10/2018 at 4:00:38 AM PST

Go to: