Not loading on Mac

[Post New]by spacetenticle on Jun 4, 10 7:18 PM
Anybody else using a mac having problems loading The Dark Hills of Cherai? I downloaded it, installed it, but my mac won't open it. The icon bounces once and thats it. It says it's for OS 10.4 and I am using OS 10.4. What's going on?

Re:Not loading on Mac

[Post New]by nutzo50 on Jun 5, 10 7:49 PM
I'm having trouble, too. The game tries to open, and then shuts down. Any help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by spacetenticle on Jun 8, 10 7:39 PM
Hey Nutzo, I just found out that The Dark Hills of Cherai is an intel based mac program, not a power PC which is what I have. You may want to check.

Blue_Phoenix
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Blue_Phoenix on Jun 13, 10 6:22 PM
I also have OSX 4 which is what is called for. It is playing however the mouse is not custom even when I ask it to be, it sticks, it does not move pieces in inventory properly (you have to click it, then click 2x where you want it to go). And not just saying this cause Im stuck, but very bad game for Macs.

[Post New]by chi_love on Feb 8, 12 1:56 AM
I'm running OSX 10.6.8 and have exactly the same problem as Blue_Phoenix: movable mouse not custom, custom mouse is stationary, some puzzles can't be moved, need to double click to place inventory items. Is there a fix or do Mac users have to play it like this?

[Post New]by DreamDancer82 on Apr 2, 12 5:08 PM
Weird. I've played this on my Mac several times without any instances. Then, just suddenly, I start to have issues with the game, and they're the same as chi_love and Blue_Phoenix. My current version is OSX 10.6.8 for those who are curious.

And it's driving me CRAZY! This is one of my favorite games, and I can't stand playing it when it's acting like this. Can we get a fix for this or what?!

[Post New]by Najda66 on Jun 24, 12 9:08 AM
All I'm getting is a white screen.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 24, 12 10:59 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this game!

First, please check out the troubleshooting suggestions in the help article below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you try those and are still running in to issues with the game crashing or not running properly, please get in touch with our Mac Support team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your Mac and give you more specific things to try.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by BlueDoor on Jun 21, 13 6:10 AM
I was getting a white screen too and sent a Dr Felix report to tech support because I thought the file was corrupted. Turns out that the game has issues with the video card in Macs like mine. This is the substance of the reply I got:

"It looks like the video card your Mac has, the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, is having issues playing the game. This is an issue we are looking into and working with the developer to fix."

I was offered a replacement or to wait until the developers find a fix.

Go to: