Casebook

tiffydawn
Minnow
Minnow
276 Posts

Casebook

[Post New]by tiffydawn on Oct 27, 08 5:21 AM
So I am a litte confused, and since there is no trial, can't confirm. Is this a Hidden Object or is this like the ND games?

given
Herring
Herring
369 Posts

Re:Casebook

[Post New]by given on Oct 27, 08 5:27 AM
Looks like a ND type of game to me. Maybe a Who done it! looks interesting.

[Post New]by MagickUnicorns on Oct 27, 08 5:32 AM
I really wish they would stop with these no trial games. I would never buy a game that I can't try first. I can never be sure if I'm going to like it and I can never be sure the game will actually work on my computer.

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Oct 27, 08 5:35 AM
They don't have trials for any of the large file games I wish they did. You could look once they get that game forum up, and someone will probably post a review.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Oct 27, 08 5:55 AM
I was curious...so I"ve downloaded it.... it took a half hour and now it is updating my Direct X..... I hope it's easier than a Nancy Drew..... I"ll report back after I"ve played it for a half hour or so....

tiffydawn
Minnow
Minnow
276 Posts

[Post New]by tiffydawn on Oct 27, 08 5:58 AM
Will be waiting for your review Celery. I have purchased three large file games and disliked all three and don't really think I'll be buying any more but the "forensic" part really gets me as forensics is a big interest of mine.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 27, 08 6:00 AM
I'm downloading it- I love the adventure games. This one looks good, but we'll see.

materri1
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by materri1 on Oct 27, 08 6:07 AM
Hi, I downloaded this game this morning and I got an error telling me "The WIC component must be installed before this game will run. Try running one of the installers that came with the game." Does anyone know what this is or means? Thanks

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Oct 27, 08 6:29 AM
Well, darn.... I"ve downloaded it....tried to play it.... and another half screen of my game screen pops up as well as my anti virus screen....so I"m getting nowhere..

I"m rebooting my puter now so will see what happens.... ( I'm out in the garage on the puter here... having a smoke while it reboots )

I"ve sent a letter off to Jacob.. my buddy... to see if anybody else has had trouble with this game...

OH GOD....I just went and tried to open the game again...and my anti spam popped up and said.

THREAT DETECTED....Trojan HorseAgent.ASM.....

Good Lord...what do I do now....?? Uninstall it...?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 27, 08 6:37 AM
Big Fish Games are guaranteed to be virus-free.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Oct 27, 08 6:39 AM
Just seen this on the Home page. Looks like the CSI and Law and Order games, so will definitely be getting this!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 27, 08 6:51 AM
materri1 wrote:Hi, I downloaded this game this morning and I got an error telling me "The WIC component must be installed before this game will run. Try running one of the installers that came with the game." Does anyone know what this is or means? Thanks

I got the exact same error. I've fired off a help request to tech support and would urge you to do the same.

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Oct 27, 08 6:53 AM
well I am getting more confused by the minute regarding this game, I don't think I can do these games anyway

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 27, 08 6:58 AM
mummypops wrote:well I am getting more confused by the minute regarding this game, I don't think I can do these games anyway

Is the game running for you mummypops?

[Post New]by biblemasonman on Oct 27, 08 7:00 AM
I just purchased and downloaded the game and I got the virus warning also.
Is there a problem with this game that I should uninstall it or is it an error with my virus program. Sure don't want a Trojan horse virus!!!!

Thanks

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 27, 08 7:20 AM
Mine is running fine- you have to get this running- it looks very cool so far.

suze14
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by suze14 on Oct 27, 08 7:38 AM
i fancy this game too as have played all the csi games, but if folks are getting problems then think i will wait to get the all clear from other fish, as( for tech support i am still waiting (4 days) for a response to treasure on mystery island crashing at the mosaic (heavy sigh)

Gajillion
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Gajillion on Oct 27, 08 7:55 AM
I downloaded this game. It updated my Direct X. I couldn't get past the screen where it says to enter your name and won't let me do anything. Can someone help me????

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 27, 08 7:56 AM
Gajillion wrote:I downloaded this game. It updated my Direct X. I couldn't get past the screen where it says to enter your name and won't let me do anything. Can someone help me????
I think I had to click on it , type my name and then hit enter.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 27, 08 8:18 AM
Gajillion wrote:
prpldva wrote:
Gajillion wrote:I downloaded this game. It updated my Direct X. I couldn't get past the screen where it says to enter your name and won't let me do anything. Can someone help me????
I think I had to click on it , type my name and then hit enter.

I tried that. What do I do now???

Do you see an arrow that says go back? Also try escape

Go to: