bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mysterious Travel - The Magic Diary

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 5, 10 12:05 AM
Join Julia on her Mysterious Travel! After winning a free vacation, Julia finds an exciting adventure in this Hidden Object game! Explore the hotel and find a Magic Diary full of mysterious directions, and clever hints. Find valuable clues as you explore the area and become entangled in the mystery! Dive into Mysterious Travel: The Magic Diary and become immersed in an awesome world.

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

Re:Mysterious Travel - The Magic Diary

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Jun 5, 10 12:30 AM
It's kinda alright but there is so much better here. I tried to like it but gave up on that after 12 minutes.It's just not for me.I kind of wonder if Sudoku is involved because you do collect pages that reminded me of that game.But try it for yourself,heck you might love it.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Jun 5, 10 12:56 AM
I can't get the cursor to pick anything up. When I click on an item all the cursor does is blink. Time for more Blue Tea and MCF games please!!!

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on Jun 5, 10 1:05 AM
I found the cursor was very fussy when it came to choosing the right spot - this was the only interesting thing about the game which is deathly dull; looks like hack work rather than the product of TLC. Nothing to recommend it that I can see.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jun 5, 10 1:10 AM
Gave up after 5 minutes. It's too dumb and too many frustrations. Couldn't get the number 7 regardless of what I tried.

[Post New]by puglette404 on Jun 5, 10 1:12 AM
this game is lacking in many areas. the magic diary has directions for you but they are very vague and the grammar is poor. you are sent to see someone and then have no interaction with that person at all. the graphics are cartoonish and some items can be small and a bit difficult to find. the hints recharge quickly, there is no penalty for clicking around but if you click too many times in one place you penalized by losing your hint and a time penalty.

i am not a fan of games that have points and scores. i think if you are following a story, finding the items that move that story along is all that's needed. points may be a way of making a poor game seem like it is better or more challenging. they don't ad any challenge for me, and they certainly won't make a bad game good.

i played about a half hour of the free demo before deciding this would not be a game for me. i have uninstalled the game and will wait patiently for something better.
happy gaming!
puglette
:o)

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Jun 5, 10 1:14 AM
Found with the cursor you had to be quite accurate as to what you hit on. Thought this a good HOG for the young ones to do especially after the more intense games as Dire Grove and such.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jun 5, 10 1:35 AM
I got bored of this game very quickly, but I do think it would be great for kids.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jun 5, 10 2:20 AM

Not much to offer here

Call me oppositional but I really don't like sassy, demanding diaries

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jun 5, 10 5:10 AM
Extremely simple, to the point of being dull. Cursor is a bit picky about exactly where you have to click on an item, and there was one game that I had to skip because it refused to register clicks. Also, if the game is over after all the numbers on that sheet are found I got over 3/4 of the way through in the demo period. All in all, a "no thanks" from me.

tv9725
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by tv9725 on Jun 5, 10 5:41 AM
i thinking everyone is right about how short it is

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Jun 5, 10 6:19 AM
Is it a straight hidden object game or is there some interreaction in game. thank you

[Post New]by heatherington on Jun 5, 10 7:03 AM
I am about 3/4 the way through the game. It is remedial and there is a problem with the clicks and, I agree, it would be a great game for kids. However, I did buy it because there have been no hidden object games in quite a while and I miss them. Bring on the Mystery Case Files! Now, having said all, that I am stuck in a dark room with only my cursor for light.

I cannot find the key to open the stupid door!

Edited on 06/05/2010 at 7:06:27 AM PST

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Jun 5, 10 7:07 AM
tuttepeever wrote:Gave up after 5 minutes. It's too dumb and too many frustrations. Couldn't get the number 7 regardless of what I tried.

could not have said it any better myself

mismo55
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mismo55 on Jun 5, 10 7:20 AM
yasure wrote:
tuttepeever wrote:Gave up after 5 minutes. It's too dumb and too many frustrations. Couldn't get the number 7 regardless of what I tried.

could not have said it any better myself

Same here, couldn't get the number seven and couldn't be bothered to keep trying, thumbs down from me.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jun 5, 10 7:40 AM
tv9725, if the numbers you have to find are anything to go by, there are 25 numbers to find and get.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Jun 5, 10 8:04 AM
It's not that bad of a game...I did make it to the end of the demo. I had no cursor problems or any other problems with gameplay. It's just kinda boring, cosidering what we are used to with puppetshow and mcf games. I might buy this on a daily deal. Happy weekend everyone .

[Post New]by vegaskitkat on Jun 5, 10 10:00 AM
I spent 10 minutes on it - finding everything quickly except the last tag and number 7 the hint kept circling an empty place in the cupboard so I didn't know what to do - and the story was boring - scratch this one

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Jun 5, 10 11:37 AM
Sorry - but this game really stunk - imho - just too boring - couldn't even finish the trial - we need some new MCF games - let's go guys.

locoowl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by locoowl on Jun 5, 10 11:42 AM
I'm really sorry to see this game. It is just not connected. Nothing goes together.
No story at all. For no rhyme or reason that I can find to it. You just jump from scene to scene. The graphics are good and even the mini games offer a variety but - - - I hate to say it but the game is boring. I was very disappointed. Have loved all their other games and thought the Steve the Sheriff series was great fun. I kept going with the demo hoping it would get better but I'm sorry to say it didn't. Maybe tomorrow will bring something worth a game credit.
GrannieKay

Go to: