Travel vouchers

Travel vouchers

[Post New]by QuilterJCH on Jan 12, 18 1:11 PM
Are travel vouchers good for anything besides going to a different city? I accumulate them. One city at a time is enough.

Re:Travel vouchers

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Jan 12, 18 1:52 PM
No, their one and only purpose is travelling to another city and they are not convertible. Some players like to temporarily or permanently open up a 2nd city when in the hard cities up till Amsterdam, especially when in NO, or Shanghai, LA, Seoul to play some easier levels and accumulate coins. I have passed Amsterdam and like to have a second city open so I can ship the required amount of resources at the end of my current city to finish up and play at the same time. Many ship in advance, but I prefer this way.

There is no purpose in accumulating travel vouchers as you cannot even gift them, so either you start travelling or you'll just have to forget about them.

[Post New]by janie1614 on Jan 13, 18 1:38 PM
We should be able to sell them, just like gems. I have over 15K and they are worthless to me.

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 13, 18 2:06 PM
I consider them worthless as well and they seem to be the "prize" I get the most of.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jan 13, 18 8:56 PM
Yep, same here. Everytime I get them as a 'prize' I am not exactly ecstatic about it, same thing, they are totally worthless to me and I have over 13,000 of them and nothing to spend them on. Asking to be able to trade them for anything else at all is in the improvement suggestions thread, but it has never been acted upon, at least, not yet anyway, but figuring it probably won't be anytime soon either.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Jan 13, 18 9:59 PM
Oohh, I wish you guys could gift them! I am again close to 4000 and am going to use them right away. I am really surprised that you don't like them. Are you all at the end of the game like Jules or why is that?

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jan 13, 18 10:30 PM
Yes, globetrotter, we are all at the end or very very close to it, hence, there is no point to them? I am in Toronto, so where do I use them to go to? If I could gift them to you I would gladly do so, but can't as its not possible. I can't even gift them to a friend on FB.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
750 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 13, 18 10:42 PM
Me too, I wish I could sell them or gift them as once you are in the last available city they are useless. If I get them on the wheel spin I don’t bother collecting them - what a shame when there are players who would love them.

Edited on 01/13/2018 at 10:43:16 PM PST

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 13, 18 11:29 PM
I don't use them because I play through one city at a time, all the cities are pretty much the same anyway, a repeating pattern, it's just that some levels are harder than other's, sometimes when I start a new level I think that I have already played it but then I realize it's just close to identical to a different level or city I've played previously, sometimes I have to play the hard levels over and over again and then all of a sudden everything clicks and I can get through it with ease. I stopped shipping in resourse's because I get all that I need to build the monuments within the same city

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Jan 14, 18 1:04 AM
That must be GD's strength, so many ways to play! I don't think the cities are the same at all, I find some definitely more interesting than others. At the moment I am in Casablanca and don't like it at all!! Fortunately there is a marathon on, that will help me get through faster.

That said, I am sure the visuals play an important role. I loved Bogota and to a lesser extent Edinburgh because of the funny and colorful animations. I don't like Melbourne because of the gloomy weather and ridiculous people (love the cat though) and that goes for the black&white old movie atmosphere of Casablanca too. Waiting for 4000 then I'll open Vladivostok as well .

Edited on 01/14/2018 at 1:05:26 AM PST

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jan 14, 18 3:21 AM
There are many ways to get through this game and just because we sometimes have our own ways of doing it, doesn't mean its right or wrong, it's just a different way, and whatever works for everyone is fine, as long as it works. I ship the max from every single city to the latest, thereby saving all the massive amount of coins required to buy all the HHs to build monuments, however, I did spend a heap of coins building marts (but not needed to build a single one since Siem Reap as put so many resources into the cities from there on) and upgrading them same for all the ports, but all of those were one off spends. Its paid off for me, And of course, seeing as I did spend on those then there is no way I would then also spend coins on HHs etc, that would defeat the purpose of having built all that before, But if you haven't gone to the expense of building the marts and ports etc, then buying the HHs to get the needed resources is the other way, both ways work and probably come out about the same in the long run.

There are many people who are nowhere near the end of the cities and find that the chance of visiting another city for a short or longer period of time, do so to give them a break from the monotony of where they are and also gives them the chance to earn some much needed coins to take back to the horror city they might be in to help get through hard levels.

And like globetrotter, I also do not find every city the same at all, some levels are very close or similar, thats a given, (there are after all, countless thousands of levels, they cannot all possibly be totally different) but every city has its own feel about it and some are much more enjoyable than others. Guess thats no different to travelling in the real world!

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 14, 18 9:57 AM
I have been playing this game off and on for three or maybe four years, can't remember exactly, but the last two years I have hardly played at all because I got wrapped up in playing Sunken Secrets, but they pulled the plug on that one so now I'm playing GD again, I am in Dubai now and I don't know or care how many or what cities are after that, I enjoy playing this game but to be honest it is not my favorite genre, I like tm/adventure/strategy type games, I played this game before whatever update added the travel vouchers so I guess I don't find them to be an impressive enhancement.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jan 14, 18 4:12 PM
Lambina,I wouldn't mind having a go at an adventure mystery type game, is there any you would recommend? I look sometimes in the app store, but nothing has taken my attention much so far. Preferably want something that isn't childish like and has some substance to it, but is also free as well.

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 14, 18 5:59 PM
I can't recommend a mystery type game because most of those are HO and I don't like that genre, as far as free games go Sunken Secrets is listed as strategy but also has farming and building, it is a fun game but is also a grinder of a game meaning that it can take several hours to complete some of the tasks, they stopped the development on it but it is still enjoyable to play and will keep you occupied for a few months until you reach the end of what can be done on it.

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 14, 18 6:25 PM
To clarify the grinder aspect you don't have to stay logged in for hours, the village people do the tasks making things but once you get them started you can log out and do something else.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jan 14, 18 7:32 PM
Please pardon my ignorance, but what is HO in relation to games? I will have a look at Sunken Secrets and give it a go anyway. Worth looking at, can delete it easily if I don't like it.

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 14, 18 9:23 PM
HO is hidden objects, I find it boring staring at a still screen, I did play Awakening Kingdoms which is a free to play HO and that one was not so bad because it had a lot of side mini games but it was another one that never got completed to the end of the story, there have been 5 of the free games they have left people hanging with, not a good pattern, but I buy all of the good time management games.

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 14, 18 11:35 PM
Also if you go on the Big Fish game site you can look at the free to play category and see if anything looks interesting to you, and you can do a search by types such as mystery, but most of those are games for purchase, but these free to play games are not exactly free as most people buy enhancements, and they can also be frustrating with glitches and less than stellar with on going development.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jan 15, 18 12:13 AM
I don't get into buying anything, just free games. I have in app purchases turned off at all times just in case I accidentally hit something that cost money. I only had to turn it on deliberately the one time I chose to purchase the life lifter, then it went off again. So no mistakes. thanks for all the info.

kokiecat2
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

Re:Travel vouchers-WORLD TRAVELLER

[Post New]by kokiecat2 on Jan 17, 18 12:38 AM
WHAT DOES ONE GET FOR THESE VOUCHERS ANYONE?(WORLD TRAVELLER)

Edited on 01/17/2018 at 1:34:41 AM PST

Go to: