eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

Valentin's

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Jan 12, 18 6:30 PM
Any Mod swimming by coud I have a minute??
We have never had a Valentines CC and I think it would be great.We could have morphing hearts in place of flowers.
Cupid with bow and arrow
The Queen of Heart's
and Finally === The Mad Hatter with a big red heart on his top hat.
Any one have any ideas on this or an opion?
Mods please pass ths on to the DEV's

Randy

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

Re:Valentin's

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Jan 12, 18 7:09 PM
February might be too soon, but you never know...

I wonder how universal the holiday is, but on the other hand...the chocolate candies in many of our current hos's make me drool.

Something with flying valentines would be cute.

And don't forget the message candy hearts...Be Mine, Cutie Pie, Too Sweet, Love U, My Pal, etc.

AND THE NEXT MINI EVENT WOULD BE LOVELY TO HAVE A BUNCH OF DIAMONDS AS FINAL REWARD....not yelling, just emphasizing point.
eta: you old romantic, Randy!
Nice.

Edited on 01/12/2018 at 7:12:55 PM PST

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Jan 12, 18 7:20 PM
OR.....St. Patrick's theme with shamrocks, leprechauns, pots of gold and rainbows!

But I love the Valentine theme too!

Edited on 01/12/2018 at 7:22:17 PM PST

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Jan 13, 18 8:54 AM
Oh St. Patty would be great to seeing I am part Irish I would even pull out me ole Kilt for that one lol

Good idea Susie,, and they could make morphing heart so it would be like hearts beatin LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE lol yes Susie I am a ver old romantic

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 15, 18 10:44 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your patience while waiting for a response. These sound like great suggestions and I'd be happy to pass them along to the right teams so they know what players would like to see in upcoming events for the game.

While the Forum Moderation Team doesn't provide in-game changes such as this, we are able to advocate for our player's suggestions and feedback so that the right teams have that available for when they discuss the future of the game.

Thanks for your time! If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Jan 15, 18 11:00 AM
I would so love a holiday event for every month. (Well, maybe every other month) Sadly, it would really hinder those of us working on the DQ achievements. As it is now, there's 3 months that we can't work on them. Even more if you consider the events last more than 30 days. I hope one day they will find a way to keep the Gnome DQ's going while an event is going on too.

Edited on 01/15/2018 at 11:01:13 AM PST

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Jan 15, 18 11:10 AM
Thank You bfgllinalta for your post.
I understand the Mod's can not provide in-game changes that is not what I wanted nor expected I was asking if a Mod any Mod could please pass on my idea to The Dev's.
Every one I have talked to LOVE the idea and as I stated it would give a very nice break in between a long wait from The Christmas Even till The Spring Event.
I again thank you for your time in answering this post
Finger X that the Dev's like it to
And Players if you have any more suggestion's please add them to the list lets see if we can make it work.
And to those that would not be happy with a new V-CC please post why this is what the Forum is for ,, Help, Questions, Opinions, Yah or Na.

Randy

mumma_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
538 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Jan 15, 18 12:27 PM
gohill wrote:From previous years .. the next event is the Spring event that starts in April.... The devs could bring us a CC between now and then... they have not done so in prior years, but... it could happen....

That would be great.....maybe a Valentines Day themed CC (for avatars...Cupid etc...etc... )

Above is copied from my post in "what's the next event and when will it start?" thread

So great mind's think alike , I am definitely up for this, I think it would be great

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Jan 16, 18 6:02 PM
I have participated in a number of CCs and events. My only problem is that they are too long. I like the idea of Valentines/St Patrick's Day, but to encompass both holidays would be over a month. Maybe Valentines 10 days (Feb 10-19), then St Patrick's for the second ten day challenge (March 12-21), then the third 10 day challenge at the beginning of the Spring Event. (Easter is April 1.) It would still be a 30 day challenge, but with your progress in the challenge frozen during the breaks.

[Post New]by walkingstar on Jan 17, 18 9:48 AM
I'm pretty sure we ask for this every year..Of course I'd love it but if it's not ready now how would they get it ready? [In time] Who knows what the shadow workers know? Even now something surprising may be planned..Or not..Teddy needs some "netherparts" Muffs..Like earmuffs..To keep those baby's warm..If he wears his kilt the proper way..Just say'n..Q

KayteCat
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

Re:Valentin's and other Seasonal events

[Post New]by KayteCat on Jan 17, 18 6:39 PM
Lots of thoughts...

The first day of spring is March 20th this year... it would be nice if the spring event happened either leading up to or starting on that day. I'd love it if it celebrated spring this year... flowers, green growing things...

I like the idea of some mini celebrations, tucked in between the longer ones. The challenges would have to be not as extensive though. It took me the entire winter event to finish all of the tasks... which is completely reasonable, but shorter, interim events would be frustrating if they had the same level of challenge.

(Oh, and Santa's helper still not done: I think that may take a few more years.)

There are so many holidays /seasons that would be fun to celebrate:

Brigit's Day / Groundhog Day (short) - collecting Brigit's wheels, catching ground hogs! A ground hog pet
Valentine's Day (short)
St Patrick's day (Short)
Spring (long)
Easter (part of Spring)
May Day (short)
Midsummer (June / July) - not calling it 4th of July, since we're not all in the US) (medium)
Autumn (long) (starting in September)
Halloween /Samhain / Day of the Dead (short), tagging on to the end of Autumn
Winter (long)

Admittedly, this is northern hemisphere centric, since the Southern Hemispheres has the opposite seasons... in general, though, seasons are more universal-- no matter the nationality, culture and religion, we all experience the seasons! So four long ones, one for each season, and some holiday-centric ones that are shorter.

Short ones could be a week to 10 days, long ones a month to a month and a half, like the current events.

Probably wouldn't want to do all of them every year... that might be a bit much. I am looking forward to catching up on some DQs.

I love how seasonal events re-energize me for playing the game,

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Jan 18, 18 12:03 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH walkingstar I like that idea in BLUE please Baby Blue to off set me Green Eyes

mrs23
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by mrs23 on Jan 18, 18 2:41 PM
And the devs will have time to work on updates when?? All fun and great ideas but they will be so busy developing it all that updates might be 6, 9, or maybe even a year apart (if at all). They may decide that CCs and seasonal events is enough to satisfy most.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jan 25, 18 8:15 AM
I love the idea of the Spring Event starting at the beginning of Spring & actually celebrating Spring (vs Easter). Baby animals, flowers, birds singing.

In between, I think a mini-event (one that builds resources rather than depleting them) or 2, even, would be good. That wouldn't interfere with those who are working on DQs.

And a mid-summer Renaissance Festival has long been my dream for the Castle. Endless possibilities there, all totally within the realm of the original story.

Sorry, I just don't see Valentines Day fitting in with that. Or Wizard of Oz, for that matter, so what do I know!

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Jan 28, 18 4:05 PM
I would like a Valentine event but much more spring event starting in the beginning of spring.
More than all I long for a shorter time between the updates!

PetraN54
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by PetraN54 on Jan 28, 18 5:57 PM
Hufflepuff wrote:I would like a Valentine event but much more spring event starting in the beginning of spring.
More than all I long for a shorter time between the updates!

Me too Hufflepuff, me too.

suec96
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by suec96 on Jan 28, 18 6:36 PM
gtminer wrote:I would so love a holiday event for every month. (Well, maybe every other month) Sadly, it would really hinder those of us working on the DQ achievements. As it is now, there's 3 months that we can't work on them. Even more if you consider the events last more than 30 days. I hope one day they will find a way to keep the Gnome DQ's going while an event is going on too.

I agree with gtminer.
One a month, not too long, but enough
to have another to look forward to.

sue

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Jan 29, 18 12:37 AM
With all due respect, I love the challenges we get between events. No new pets, but we get avatars, and DQs work in quite nicely! I am sooo hoping for another exclusive pet (I keep checking the chest with every new update, but, alas...)

It would be funny to throw some seasonal/summertime twist into a challenge, though, (how about slapping some mosquito morphs in July)?

Edited on 01/29/2018 at 9:18:14 AM PST

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Jan 29, 18 4:41 PM
Since I have made the avatar achievement I am not that looking forward for a CC giving nothing else.

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Jan 29, 18 6:07 PM
Hufflepuff wrote:Since I have made the avatar achievement I am not that looking forward for a CC giving nothing else.

I have that achievement, also, but the avatars themselves, are my personal rewards. Man, I had that Barbie doll with three wigs in my collection as a child, and numerous expensive horse models, and a porcelain animal menagerie... oh....

Does that mean I am now a hoarder of imaginary things?

Go to: