bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Mac version of Eternity available!

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jun 5, 10 9:21 AM
The Mac version of Eternity is here!

If you would like to check it out , you can go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Eternity players.

If you need technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page. Or, if you’re a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat.

To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy Gaming!

edgery
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Mac version of Eternity available!

[Post New]by edgery on Jun 5, 10 2:19 PM
[Update] Never mind! Silly me, didn't look at the design.
Totally frustrated. In Mayan section, I've gotten to the puzzle on the back wall of the Tunnel of Silence and no matter what I do, I can't get past the 'something needs to be done somewhere else' message. I've already put the 5 skulls and FIVE colored stones and "solved" that puzzle. Put the board in the bridge and put the scroll down. There is nothing left to do except the wall puzzle, yet it won't let me. My only hint that something is wrong is from the walkthru:
* Place the 5 SKULLS on the empty slots on the altar.
* Place the 4 PIECES OF COLORED STONES so their beams shine on their matching colors, next to the skull.
* Click on a crystal to remove it from its stand.
* Go to the Eagle Canyon.

There are FIVE pieces of colored stones, so am I supposed to remove one? Which one? arggghhh!

Edited on 06/05/2010 at 4:26:27 PM PST

[Post New]by roz1412 on Jun 9, 10 5:13 PM
I've tried to play the trial but can't get in. I start up the game, enter my name and then it freezes and quits out.

Any suggestions?

MickyTeddy
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MickyTeddy on Jun 13, 10 6:55 AM
I also cannot get to get the gear.
Wants me to use machete in the bridge scene.
The scroll and plank are in place when the ring appears but showing no gear.
But in the Tunnel it will not let me open the mini game area to get the gear.
Says need to finish other locations first.
But all other area's are finished.
Have replayed it leaving placing the scroll and plank till the end but nothing works.

I have uninstalled etc. and reinstalled to no avail.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Could this be a Mac bug?
I know many PC user's found it hard but after looking at hints etc. they obviously got past it.

[Post New]by NANATO4ANGELS on Jun 14, 10 1:33 PM
I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. I TOO HAVE REINSTALLED THE GAME. I GET TO THE BRIDGE AND I CANN'T FIND ANYWHERE TO US THE MACHETE. ALL OTHER AREAS ARE DONE EXCEPT FOR THE AREA WITH ALL THE BONES ON THE GROUND. IT WON'T LET ME US THE MACHETE THERE, NOR WILL IT LET ME PRESS THE BLOCKS, IT SAYS GO TO OTHER AREA FIRST. THOSOE ARE THE ONLY TWO ARES LEFT!!!

MickyTeddy
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MickyTeddy on Jun 14, 10 2:01 PM
I have written to the help section.
Asking for a replacement game.

I believe this game is still flawed and was not tested enough.

Both for PC and Mac user's.

I am interested in a game that has no demo.
Yet they tell you to trial before you buy.

No win situation.

[Post New]by NYRedhead on Jul 2, 10 12:18 PM
Same problem here. Do we get a refund? Love the games but very frustrated.

[Post New]by katie64 on Jul 5, 10 1:52 AM
I too am a mac user and am having this problem. Very frustrating. I've tried everything....

MickyTeddy wrote:I also cannot get to get the gear.
Wants me to use machete in the bridge scene.
The scroll and plank are in place when the ring appears but showing no gear.
But in the Tunnel it will not let me open the mini game area to get the gear.
Says need to finish other locations first.
But all other area's are finished.
Have replayed it leaving placing the scroll and plank till the end but nothing works.

I have uninstalled etc. and reinstalled to no avail.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Could this be a Mac bug?
I know many PC user's found it hard but after looking at hints etc. they obviously got past it.

[Post New]by pheonix21 on Jul 6, 10 2:13 PM
Ditto, that stupid machete doesn't work any where on the screen. Press hint and just says use machete in screen. Very, frustrating. I did try game before buying. Didn't get this far so didn't know there would be a problem. I do have OS X 10.5.8. Is that the problem? Like the game but no point if you can't go on. I to have an Intel Core duo 2. It's a desk top Mac. First time I have had a problem with any BFG. At least I am not the only one with this game. I am going to contact BFG.

Go to: