Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Morella here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 14, 18 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/14/2018 at 8:44:43 AM PST

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Morella here.

[Post New]by suniris on Jan 14, 18 6:49 AM
Playing demo, after about 15 mins game closed with "runtime error" message
I am using Envy Notebook
Hope this can be resolved. Game looks good would like to buy

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 14, 18 8:44 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 14, 18 9:02 AM
Win10pc. Went to use Amulet of death and it wouldn't move off the tool bar. Stopped game and restarted, then I was able to use it.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 14, 18 11:37 AM
Hi suniris and Majestyx12,

It sounds like there have been a couple of troubles with the game: a Runtime Error and trouble using the Amulet of Death. I'll be happy to try to help provide more information about each of these situations.

Although the amulet issue sounds like it was resolved, Majestyx12, I wanted to let you know that this is something some of our players have run into with the Collector's Edition of the game as well. Closing the game and reopening it helped out in some of those reports, so I'm glad to hear it also did the trick for you. I want to reassure that reports of this issue have been passed along to the appropriate teams. We'll be sure to update our players here on the forums if we hear any more information on the subject. Hope everything else runs smoothly for you in the game!

As for the Runtime Error, suniris, this type of error indicates a miscommunication between the computer and the game. This usually shows up when there's a missing update somewhere, so it's a great idea to check for video card driver updates and to run Windows Update. It can also help to check for updated versions of Shockwave and Flash. Steps to help with this can be found here:

Video Driver Updates
Reinstall Adobe Flash and Shockwave

Should the error continue to appear after that, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so they can further assist. Our Moderator team is also available to answer any questions we can by PM, so feel free to send one our way.

bfgArinelle

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 19, 18 6:17 AM
Thank you. The rest of the game did run smoothly for me.

[Post New]by cfree18562 on Jan 21, 18 12:12 AM
I had the same issue with not being able to pick up the death Amulet, I read that restarting the game can help, that is what I am going to try now.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 21, 18 3:09 PM
Hi cfree18562,

I'm sorry to hear you've also run into the difficulty with the death amulet! Hopefully closing and opening the game again got things working again, but, if not, we can also try the troubleshooting in the following links to see if they'll get things working better. These links help give the game additional permissions and resources so its files can work as well as possible.

Run Game as Administrator
Video Driver Updates

If troubleshooting doesn't get things working better, please let our Technical Support Team know so they can offer further help. You can also PM me or another Moderator with questions whenever you'd like. We're happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by jessrem12 on Jan 23, 18 10:09 AM
hi I am having problems loading quite a lot of games,this one included in ce and se.I am on windows 10. All I get is error,access violation with differing numbers and programme tried to rewrite whatever,I have purchased lots of games which have worked fine. I have tried uninstalling game manager and following other advice,they still wont load.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 29, 18 2:46 PM
Hi there jessrem12,

It sounds like there are access violation errors coming up with some of your games. I'm sorry to hear this is happening, and I will be happy to assist in any way I can.

Access violation errors are non-specific errors that generally come from some piece of software needing an update. What we can do is check for updates and install any that may be available. The following link has more steps on what to look for:

Access Violation

Should the issue persist after that, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. You may also PM me or another Moderator with questions that remain. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Feb 8, 18 1:53 PM
I did everything you suggested, even redownloaded and started over with a different name, this parts still won't work for me. I sure hope some updates come soon, I would like to finish the game.

[Post New]by Selbra on Feb 19, 18 10:10 AM
I also did everything you suggested, this parts still won't work for me.

Go to: