Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Tales:Edgar Allan Poe's Morella here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 14, 18 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/14/2018 at 8:44:14 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Tales:Edgar Allan Poe's Morella here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 14, 18 8:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Morella! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Morella.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 14, 18 9:11 AM
Used a free coupon from buying CE games. The game is dark. I wouldn't play the CE when it came out around Christmas, just funny about dark games from Thanksgiving to after Christmas. So far it's not a bad game but I don't like if you make a mistake on a puzzle you have to start over from the beginning. After restarting three times on the right color ball in the right holder I wished I had the guide. It's not just on the small puzzles but most puzzle so far. It's got about the right amount of creep. This is the first one in this series that I have. I have never played these. I'm stopping for a while.

Edited on 01/14/2018 at 9:22:31 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 14, 18 2:52 PM

I must say, this is one of the best Dark Tales game in a very long time. I'm not saying impressive, just better. Although there are only four chapters, they are fairly long, and for the first time, I found the Bonus Chapter to be more interesting than the main game. In the Bonus Chapter, the clock rewinds two years before Lilly freed Morella's soul. In the BC you will pick up the remaining Fortune Cookie Puzzle Pieces (I believe 15?) as well as tasting the various sweets and finding the Brave Ladies.

There isn't really anything exciting that happens after the demo, but they do try to add a sense of urgency to the game by giving you an hourglass, that shows your remaining time of finding a cure. I found several mini games after the demo to be senseless and annoying, such as having to drag an item by pulling the icon that barely budges for a sense of resistance, and the repetitive amulet puzzle of matching runes, just seemed pointless and far too simple. If you're a fan of Dark Tales, this will probably be an excellent game, but for me, it moves way to slow, and borderlines boring

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 15, 18 11:34 AM
Well, I finished and it wasn't a bad game. It's dark. I liked the suspense. I like and wanted to find out more about the story. Not crazy about most of the puzzles. Liked how large the things were in the hops. It made it easier to see. Seemed similar to the other series from this maker.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 16, 18 6:36 AM
Finding the brave ladies? What are the brave ladies?

Go to: