Gummyfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Marathon Challenge on Vienna 44!

[Post New]by Gummyfan on Jan 14, 18 2:28 AM
Who’s bright idea was it to start a marathon challenge on an impossible level to complete - namely Vienna 44!

I have been trying for ages to get passed this level and have even used 9 shovels and bought extra goes on one attempt and still could not clear it!

Oh well - I suppose it will save BigFish from having to pay out all the potential rewards that could have been earned by people completing the section!

From a very disgruntled Gummy Drop user!

Re:Marathon Challenge on Vienna 44!

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Jan 14, 18 2:45 AM
You're right that is a real b... of a level. I remember using lots of boosts ( , shovels and extra moves) to clear it. However, the marathon starts at your current level in your current city wherever that may be. So this is just real bad luck! Didn't the 4 hours of infinite lives of the blizzard Everest help?

Often when one posts a rant here, the GD gods start to smile and the problem is solved, hope that works for you.

PS In the Vienna level help it is recommended to use a combo and the .

Edited on 01/14/2018 at 3:08:25 AM PST

Gummyfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Gummyfan on Jan 14, 18 9:24 AM
I’d forgotten this. So it is just my misfortune to be stuck on a level that is impossible to complete and therefore I am unable to take advantage of this marathon challenge!

Frans58
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Frans58 on Jan 15, 18 10:08 AM
The challenge starts at where-ever you are in the game. It is not tied to a specific level or city.
So if you are in Melbourne level 2 it will start there, and if you are in Amsterdam level 99 it will start there.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 15, 18 1:59 PM
globetrotter217 wrote:You're right that is a real b... of a level. I remember using lots of boosts ( , shovels and extra moves) to clear it. However, the marathon starts at your current level in your current city wherever that may be. So this is just real bad luck! Didn't the 4 hours of infinite lives of the blizzard Everest help?

Often when one posts a rant here, the GD gods start to smile and the problem is solved, hope that works for you.

PS In the Vienna level help it is recommended to use a combo and the .

I have wondered about those GD gods, sometimes those nightmare levels all of sudden get really easy........

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 16, 18 10:10 AM
By marathon do you mean the daily challenge for a chance to win coins or boosts? Because they are not always in the current city you are playing, today the challenge is NO and I am currently in Dubai.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Jan 16, 18 2:57 PM
No, the marathon is a challenge like Everest that appears for a short time. It covers 10 levels in the current city. That's where you can be unlucky, either because you need resources to build a monument or because you have (almost) finished the last city.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 16, 18 3:23 PM
I have not noticed those challenges then, I just started up playing this game again after many months away, plus I'm on pc via BF not FB and that seems to make a difference too.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jan 16, 18 3:46 PM
the marathon has nothing to do with whether you use FB or not, its not getting to you because you are on PC. thats the issue. And the daily events (mon - sat) and the gold fever are never in the city you are in, they are always in a previous random city and they never cover side path levels, only ever tier 2 and 3 of levels on main roads.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 16, 18 4:51 PM
I just played the Everest marathon for the first time on Sun, the Everest marathon was not on the pc version prior to the Nov. update, so having not played this game in a long time I'm still trying to sort out what applies me on pc. The thing that is a challenge is that the last BF ftp game I played most of the players were on pc and not mobile so this is a different obstacle for me on this particular game forum finding answers, but you have been very helpful, Thank You.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jan 16, 18 4:59 PM
no worries, you're welcome. happy to help. The Everest one isn't a marathon though, that word hasn't been in the title of it. They call it Everest Challenge, (thats the one where you get two hours unlimited lives at the end of it) and theres the blizzard Everest event (which has happened twice now), that one you get four hours unlimited lives at the end. The Marathons get one hour. The Everest Challenges have been on GD for some time now, the Marathon is a relatively new thing. Another difference between them, is the Everest one is in its own separate location, the marathon is in whichever city you are currently in as long as there are at least 10 levels left before getting to the end of the city so for all players its different depending where you are.

zapberry
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by zapberry on Jan 26, 18 6:58 PM
lol Vienna 44 is one of the most brutal levels in the whole game.

Go to: