gpherder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

What is WRONG with these game designers?

[Post New]by gpherder on Jun 6, 10 2:36 AM
No options menu, no choice about sound or full screen, nothing.

Not a game I would EVER buy, and I can't imagine I'm the only one.

Get your heads out of your collective a$$e$ and listen to what people want.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

What is WRONG with these game designers?

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 6, 10 3:18 AM
No options menu, no choice about sound or full screen, nothing.
Sorry to hear, but that part must be a problem between the game and your computer - another fishie mentioned in the other thread "it would not play full screen", so maybe this is the reason here, too? At the bottom of the game screen is a line with buttons for Journal - Options - Help - Exit. Options are: Full screen, Mouse cursor, Timer, Sound x2 and Volume control.

moaner1
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:What is WRONG with these game designers?

[Post New]by moaner1 on Jun 6, 10 4:47 AM
I agree with the above do they think we all have 20/20 vision? I really struggled to see one thing let alone a host! This is not the first game I've played recently and couldn't see ANYTHING, I had to give up on some after even a couple of minures. Certainly wouldn't waste my wonga on it.

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Jun 6, 10 6:28 AM
Small "fiddley" items, hard to see/blend into the background, boring story.... Played about 5 minutes and uninstalled. Shame that such a good name is associated with such a poor product as this game. Must assume that there was testing and demo on this - can't imagine that it received good reviews. Do some of these development companies have an "Emperors New Clothes" mentality? Surely someone speaks the truth.....

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jun 6, 10 6:41 AM
The game has a options menue of course. Go to the main menue and click "Options" (on the bottom is Full screen f.e.).

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Jun 6, 10 8:18 AM
You don't get an options menu until you play the first screen. I detest this. You can skip it if you want tho.

I just don't like the NG games.

tinygranny
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by tinygranny on Jun 6, 10 11:33 AM
I, too, couldn't even finish the trial version. I have my computer screen granny sized and I still had a hard time reading the list and finding the objects. What I would like to see are more games like Dire Grove and Return to Ravenhurst. I really loved those two games.

I would also like to see more Granny arcade games. Maybe Granny 6?

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jun 6, 10 12:30 PM
I don't know about your systems but I played the full hour and really enjoyed it. I don't have the best eyesight but I really didn't have a problem seeing the items. Maybe it has to do with screen size??????

ojrufee
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by ojrufee on Jun 6, 10 2:15 PM
I just don't like the NG games.

I don't either. I've played others in their series and was very disappointed with them.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jun 6, 10 2:53 PM
I have found the last couple games that you have offer are up to the usual stands of most of HOG. Not much interaction with game. Have the people you make these games gotten lazy?

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jun 6, 10 3:00 PM
I have to agree. This was not a good game; the objects were tiny, and often the description was vague...like "surveillance devices." I had no idea what I was looking for. I also had problems with tiny numbers. I have dyscalculia; numbers and numerical symbols often look like each other to me. So to me, the dates on the newspaper in the Gorillas section looked fine. As it turned out, they weren't. And I honestly could not tell that one was any different than the other. And the eyestrain caused by looking for tiny objects in backgrounds that all looked alike gave me a murderous headache.

On a scale of one to ten, this one rates about a two.. It doesn't rate a one because it is actually playable--IF you have ideal vision. If not, you're screwed.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Jun 6, 10 4:48 PM
I only played half hour--a definite no buy for me. I hesitated to try it because I have not liked the other NG games. I had it full screen but I thought the graphics were poor & some objects are very hard to spot. i don't mind that if it's because it's so cleverly hidden but these just couldn't be distinguished--even after the hint, I had trouble spotting celery! They need experienced HOG players on their testing team.

[Post New]by Amazonia70 on Jun 7, 10 8:37 AM
Terrible game wasted 30 minutes on this game than erased it from computer I hope I can erased it from my mind. I so agree with everything dianaluna said.

tazkat
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by tazkat on Jun 7, 10 3:34 PM
There just isn't anything worth playing right now. All the ones that have been released in the last 3 or 4 days suck!! JMO

Go to: