Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Secret Investigations: Nemesis here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 15, 18 12:54 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/15/2018 at 8:24:34 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Secret Investigations: Nemesis here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Jan 15, 18 1:22 AM
Don't really care for this type of game, might be the thing for others! I lasted less then a minute

violet922
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by violet922 on Jan 15, 18 3:00 AM
I wouldn't think of buying this. It is not a true 'full screen' game. I could still see my Task bar at the bottom of my monitor and it hampers the ability to see the bottom of the game on the screen.

Secondly; I don't see any way to allow a second person to sign into the game and play. It seems to be a 1-person only game. My husband likes to play games and we often play the same ones. No way for him to play this game; and it doesn't ask for you to type your name so that the game can identify who is playing.

For the few minutes I tried it, I felt it asked you to do unnecessary steps once you found an object.

There is no way to adjust the loudness of music or sounds within the game itself. You must use your computers' volume to lower sound.

Sometimes I wonder who develops these new games. Do they ever play them in private life?

As soon as I post this review, I am uninstalling it.

The quality of games being developed the past few years are sliding downhill in my opinion. I find myself purchasing less and less. I used to be so excited to purchase games on Big Fish. Often times I had so many I planned to buy; but the past two years or so I rarely find something worth my time and money.

I hope game developers improve the products they hope we will enjoy and purchase.
Right now..... they are lacking key elements that makes me want to buy and really feel excited about playing.

I used to have at least two games a month I wanted to purchase. Now I'm lucky if I find two games out of the year....

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jan 15, 18 3:14 AM
not a game worth to pay for, i got my membership baxk but i already regret it. i just bought 1 game The loveboat but after this purchase there hasnt been a game i want to buy. I was hoping the emily sery was coming back those developers are great. In the old days BF games Always had them too now there are other sites that sell them. So i will stop my membership again. Cisca

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 15, 18 5:35 AM
I'm almost afraid to play the game now! If my memory is correct, wasn't the last Secret Investigation a hot mess too?

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Jan 15, 18 7:00 AM
I have downloaded the demo, but not played it yet. I got the first one last year as a free game, after I played the demo and had said it was an ok game for free. I will probably get this one for free since I have several unused credits, and they just don't come out with many SE only Hidden Object games any more.

Update: I completed the demo. I ran out of time before finishing the first chapter only because I kept replaying some of the levels to achieve 3 stars for timing. I will get it as a freebie just to play occasionally when I don't feel like playing any of my more involved games. I like the scenes, but I do agree that the story line was lame and it does get boring one HO after another. And no option to change players, no volume control, and I also prefer a true full screen.

Edited on 01/15/2018 at 9:44:47 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 15, 18 7:16 AM

I really don't mind an occasional throw back HOG, in fact I really enjoy games like Vacation Adventures. Although this game seems a wee bit better than the first Secret Investigations, because the scenes seem more interesting, it just gets kind of boring after 10 or 15 minutes of playing.

The options are pretty basic, and there are no difficulty mode options available, and no way to play the game without a Timer. You can't even adjust the music and sound volumes, it's just an on/off button. There are 10 different Chapters or Investigations, and each Investigation has several levels, in fact the first chapter alone, has 31 levels, so it should be a fairly lengthy HOG. You can earn 12 Achievement Trophies, and most of the achievements have more than one category. The story or "case" is told before the start of each level, as a dialog box with no voice overs, a paragraph at a time.

There are Hint Boosters available, you start out with 2 of each booster, and I'm assuming you will get the option to buy more if you run out. You can re-play any level, to earn a better star rating score, but the items are usually different than the first go-round. There is a Booster that will highlight one item from the list, another removes 3 items from the list, one that stops the timer on the level and one that illuminates the scenes that are darkened with just a small beam of light available to see the seen as you scan the area.

Each of the items to find are shown as pictures, and one item will go into the inventory section, which must be dragged to the scene where it will logically be used, such as a fishing lure onto a fishing pole. Many of the hidden objects are way out of proportion, or are a totally different color than what is shown, especially in the scenes where everything is the same color hue.

At best, this game is worth a free coupon, but I'm sure there are some die hard HOG fans that will find this game to be amazing. For me personally, it was fun to play for a few minutes, but then I lost all interest.

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Jan 15, 18 8:04 AM
There is a timer with no option to play without it. A no buy for me.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 15, 18 8:24 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Secret Investigations: Nemesis! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Secret Investigations: Nemesis.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Jan 15, 18 9:12 AM
I felt like I was transported to 2007 with this game. I played the whole demo and got 3 stars on all the 1st chapter levels and 4 of the 2nd chapter. Not interested in buying it or wasting a credit on it. It's a basic HOG from 10 years ago and nothing interesting happens. Even the stories are dull. Others have pointed out the lack of UI perks we've come to enjoy. If that's not an issue for you, go wild.

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Jan 15, 18 12:47 PM
I have the first one of these and will be adding this to my collection. It is a straight hog and some of the items are very difficult to see. It is easier to find the items in some scenes than others and would have been a real plus had this been made in wide screen rather than full. It does not fill the screen...not mine, anyway. You can replay the scenes to earn your 3 stars...and I noticed when the timer runs out nothing happens...you can just keep playing, so do not know why they even have it in the first place.

This does have the feel of an older game, and its lack of options have already been explained well by some others. Could have been much better in that dept. for sure. One thing I would like to know is how to replenish the hints. I didn't notice anything about buying any. I had to use one in the first scene...everything was so blended in color. Didn't need any in the other 12 scenes I played, but still like to have them available. It's a luxury we are used to having and needs to be included.

I enjoyed the demo...it's a change of pace....and NO puzzles. It does look like it is a very good length, so I will either get it with a PCC (although I usually wait for Bonus Punch Day and from what a few others have said, there is none today)... so with the sale today, I will probably get it. It was relaxing to play... not a bad price of $3.49 (BOGO), and I'm more than ready to rest from all of the taxing games coming out lately.... and enjoy this one.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jan 15, 18 5:41 PM
Another Mobile Port...

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jan 15, 18 5:41 PM
Another Facebook game..

Edited on 01/15/2018 at 6:02:32 PM PST

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Jan 16, 18 1:20 AM
I bought this game with a coupon as it's a nice chilled out game . Yes there is a timer but you can still carry on playing . The timer just decides how many stars you earn , then you can go back and replay . My only gripe is the night mode scenes which I hate , and there are very few hints and you have to wait for them to recharge ,. Other than that a pleasant enough game .

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Jan 16, 18 12:54 PM
Bought this game yesterday and am enjoying it very much. What a relief and welcomed change not having to travel from scene to scene with numerous inventory items that you always have to complete, and then being confronted with numerous puzzles. It's nice to be able to relax~

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jan 16, 18 1:04 PM
While I enjoyed what I did play and found the graphics nice and clear for the most part, I am not sure about purchasing this game. I absolutely hate timers in any game. I play to relax, not be timed. I will have to think about it.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Jan 17, 18 7:55 AM
faboomama wrote:I felt like I was transported to 2007 with this game. I played the whole demo and got 3 stars on all the 1st chapter levels and 4 of the 2nd chapter. Not interested in buying it or wasting a credit on it. It's a basic HOG from 10 years ago and nothing interesting happens. Even the stories are dull. Others have pointed out the lack of UI perks we've come to enjoy. If that's not an issue for you, go wild.

Yes, I had that "time machine" feeling myself; and not in a good way.
The only good thing about this game is that it reminds me just how far the genre has come in ten years.
Maybe a good game to introduce kids to HOG's but for the seasoned player, pretty much a snooze-fest.

[Post New]by issthereauser on Jan 26, 18 12:37 PM
Well nay sayers I really liked this game! What can I say except I found it a breath of fresh air.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Feb 7, 18 6:44 PM
Gustav is cute. That's the best I can say about this really boring game.

No sale.

Go to: