gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

Explain Ship Wheels,Please.TY

[Post New]by gripes on Jan 15, 18 4:44 AM
yeah I know leave it to me to start a controversy about the game we all adore...

I noticed a change in the amount of ship wheels we receive when we send off the air ship months ago..

for reasons I am unsure of ..could merely be my chosen name of gripy gripes...i'm thinking my issue with the changes have gotten WORSE..

of course i'll explain...i'm doing Trina requests I will coordinate Her requests with daily questing when it comes to SHIP WHEELS Trina always asks for 300 of them..while the daily quest asking amounts change...

I have noticed that only ONCE a month maybe twice that the ship wheel amount will be 300 that I will receive... for sending off the air ship...meanwhile I am griping too myself..here my's QUESTION

today the air ship is asking me for 22 of this...35 of that and another 35 of the what ever... I will receive 276 ship wheels...that's 24 short of completing a TRINA'S request of me for them...

I looked and could not find where the extra ship wheels are stashed amongst our acquired game stuff...????????

what the HECK happens to 252 ship wheels I will not use when I have to send a second air ship for the 24 ...I am short of.. or am I to just sit and wait for the once a month 300 ..??????

Edited on 01/15/2018 at 4:46:22 AM PST

mumma_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
538 Posts

Re:Explain Ship Wheels,Please.TY

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Jan 15, 18 5:55 AM
I also wondered what happened to our hard earned ship wheels....they simply disappear ....... I will only send airships now when the normal DQ's come back and if and when Trina asks for them (as long as the DQ's are asking too)....
Oh and if a CC requests it

When the airship comes back with less then 300 wheels I will send It off empty...Trina quest achievements and DQ achievements are going to take a looooong time for me to complete.....but that is one of my long term goals....

You are right about the 300 wheel airships though....they don't turn up as often as I'd like in my game either.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 15, 18 6:02 AM
I have waited an entire month before for a 300 airship... kept sending it away at least three times a day... like I just did this morning... BUT, I will also not pack a 345 airship... the good thing about Trina, is that she's not on the clock, she sits there till I find the "right" airship I am willing to pack...

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Jan 15, 18 6:20 AM
WOOHOO my gripy gripe isn't from a figment of my imagination...

Then again ... losing all those ship wheels for no apparent reason I can't fathom a Cause for .... don't ya agree..

yikes....I meant to can't fathom... a reason for.. instead of can ... golly gripes.. get a grip and proof read..sorry.....

Edited on 01/15/2018 at 7:55:36 AM PST

mumma_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
538 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Jan 15, 18 6:26 AM
gripes wrote: WOOHOO my gripy gripe isn't from a figment of my imagination...

Then again ... losing all those ship wheels for no apparent reason I can fathom is Cause for .... don't ya agree..

lol.......I haven't really taken a note as to how long it takes to get an airship asking for 300 wheels.....but as gohill says a month also, I am going to make a note as of today to see if it is the same in my game.....

ETA: I will actually wait until I get the next 300 airship then make a note from there

Edited on 01/15/2018 at 6:29:46 AM PST

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 15, 18 6:34 AM
I check everyday & make a note.The last time I had an airship over 300 was 4th December.(303 wheels)

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jan 15, 18 6:35 AM
Would love to see a change in the airship system or a way to get more airship items other than endless HOS. However, anytime I or someone else brings up the topic of airships, that we'd like to see a change, and offer the developers solutions that we would like to see implemented we get slapped in the face by some of the forum members.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 15, 18 6:49 AM
silver_hawk wrote:Would love to see a change in the airship system or a way to get more airship items other than endless HOS. However, anytime I or someone else brings up the topic of airships, that we'd like to see a change, and offer the developers solutions that we would like to see implemented we get slapped in the face by some of the forum members.

I think "wheels", which is just another way to count the number of items packed on a ship (1 wheel = 3 items), is another of those mistakes the developers made and just don't know how to fix without having to do tons of work. Just think of all the places "wheels" are mentioned: DQ's, Trina, achievements, CC's. We will just have to live with the situation.

As for getting the developers to come up with another source of airship items...they're way too busy finding new ways to give us more coins. (Too bad they don't give us new things to do with them.) This might just be the year, depending upon how low my airship items supply gets, that I craft exclusive pet food and feed those 4 pets until they're too fat to fly.

kujosmom
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by kujosmom on Jan 15, 18 7:08 AM
I received a request for 300 - first option would have given me 297---needless to say - sent it back empty. I have yet to receive one that would net me the 300 but I am definitely not using my hard earned items to fall that short. I decided long ago not to be in a hurry to finish since all it would accomplish was getting to wait for updates. If you knew me you would know that was sooooo against my nature. I will do Trina's challenge but not when it's that expensive.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 15, 18 8:14 AM
1. The subject of "wheels" in the airship versus Trina has been the topic of much discussion almost since Trina joined the game in September 2015 ....it was stated back then that losing the "left overs" into cyberspace was unfair to players.

2. The amount of "wheels" you receive .... and correspondingly the amount of airship items you must pack ... increases as you level up in the game. At Level 82, I get many 300 and 300+ airships (but seldom do they come when Trina is asking for her 300 wheels ) ...... there are some players who have actually stopped leveling up so they can concentrate on the DQs and Trina towards those related achievements.

3. We asked, and asked.....and pleaded and pleaded for Devs to return our guaranteed item at HOS completion......to no avail...........players have asked and asked....... pleaded and even demanded that something be done about the lost steering wheels .... Since other things have been requested/suggested and the Devs have responded (tribute to Robyn comes to mind), my only conclusion for both the items being returned and the steering wheels being lost is that the Devs silence means "no."

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Jan 15, 18 9:52 AM
I have sent several airships for Trina quests during the winter event. I have also sent away many more that were terribly unbalanced even if they had 300-310. The Trina quest currently has an airship but waiting to complete zoom zones.

My main gripe is an airship that requires the most from the item I have the least of. Clearly seems to want to run me out which would make completing Trina quests more difficult if not impossible. I would have done more TQ's in the beginning. I would not have enough of a particular item and when I clicked on find. That piece was seldom the piece that I received.

Now before I send an airship, I see what the inventory will be after the airship is sent. That is how I decide whether to send it full or empty.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 15, 18 9:58 AM
BAPPLE wrote:

I would not have enough of a particular item and when I clicked on find. That piece was seldom the piece that I received.

The find button does not work on airship items because airship items aren't assigned to any particular hidden object scene. It is a leftover from when we had to pack the airship with regular items from the HOS and ZZ's.

mumma_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
538 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Jan 15, 18 12:32 PM
Okay, I just had an airship worth 306 wheels......I'll see how long it takes to get another.....

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Jan 15, 18 4:16 PM

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 15, 18 4:27 PM
gripes wrote: 306

That's a small 300 wheeler. I've seen 354 wheels.

mumma_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
538 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Jan 15, 18 5:40 PM
My very next airship was worth 327 wheels.... I am at Level 82 so maybe they do come more regularly then I have noticed. (maybe cause I have put Trina on hold?) I will continue to monitor though out of curiosity.....

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Jan 16, 18 4:44 AM
327 is a nifty number...sure enough...but what happens to the 27 ship wheels Trina didn't ask for..?????? you paid for them by packing crates ..!!!! Right ..?????

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jan 16, 18 5:07 AM
gripes wrote: 327 is a nifty number...sure enough...but what happens to the 27 ship wheels Trina didn't ask for..?????? you paid for them by packing crates ..!!!! Right ..?????

Technically you were paid for them. You got the 15 coins for each airship item whether they went over the requirements for Trina or regular DQ's or not. So the extra 27 still gave you an additional 135 coins above the 1500 coins for the 300 ships wheels for Trina. Plus you got the coin reward for doing Trina's (or the DQ) task.

The biggest issue for me is that you send off more airship items than the quest requires and replacing each airship item is very time consuming since the only way to get them is from HOS. So... for a 327 wheel airship you have to replace 109 airship items by doing 109 HOS. "If" you can send more than one airship per day that's a lot of HOS searching. Many players don't either have the time or stamina for doing more than 200 HOS per day.

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Jan 16, 18 6:32 AM
i'm old i'm cranky when it suits me...

i'm running around the MC realm enjoying all the realm has to offer I do the quests the challenges work on the achievements...I earn those air ship items..i don't mind earning those items... I don't mind spending them or sometimes gifting them...

I could be wrong and by all means correct me.. if I am .. but aren't the vanishing ship wheels the ONLY Item we routinely need & is one of the items we benefit from being saved..

I get in games there need to be annoyances why ship wheels when Trina and her shard request is enough

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 16, 18 7:50 AM
silver_hawk wrote:

The biggest issue for me is that you send off more airship items than the quest requires and replacing each airship item is very time consuming since the only way to get them is from HOS. So... for a 327 wheel airship you have to replace 109 airship items by doing 109 HOS. "If" you can send more than one airship per day that's a lot of HOS searching. Many players don't either have the time or stamina for doing more than 200 HOS per day.

I'm convinced the devs think we're all coinaholics and are thrilled to pack ships that reward so many more wheels than we need because we get so many coins.

Among the many suggestions made regarding ways to allow players to earn more airship items was to have a hidden object scene in a private room that paid out extra airship items.

And what happens? The devs take that idea and give us THREE scenes that pay out FIVE times the number of COINS! Why? Would it have killed them to address the other complaints players have made?

One scene could have been used for coins, one scene could have been used to give players more stamps, and one scene could have been used to give players more airship items.

This is my last post on the subject. My time is better spent playing HOS to get airship supplies. But it will be interesting (and frustrating) to see if any other suggestions get twisted around into yet another way of rewarding more coins.

Go to: