retired94
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Disenchant

[Post New]by retired94 on Jan 15, 18 8:53 AM
I know each player plays different. I was wondering how many of the event items to keep? I have heard never get below 20 on inventory items. Thanks to the Christmas Room 2, I have over 300 of some of the winter event items and some from the fall event. I would like to disenchant -working toward Magic Miser - but still have enough to start next year.
Stophie Lynn

Re:Disenchant

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Jan 15, 18 9:02 AM
Hi !! If you have not gotten the HOME TOWN SANTA achievement then I would trade the decorations for the pink gift boxes then with what is left shard down to 10 or 20 or what you are comfy with . They wont be needed until next year .

these are Christmas items not regular inventory with regular inventory the game gets stingy if you run out of anything .

For my self I'm keeping about 40 of each I want a good head start on next year .

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 15, 18 9:08 AM
Since none of us KNOW what the Devs will do for the next event, it is only a "best guessing" game.....

I try to disenchant those items (like Christmas Cards) that have a high shard value, but a low coin value ...... -- but one must also remember that many of the Christmas pets require the Christmas Cards, so it would be best to keep 50 or 60 of them, just in case.

In the reverse, if the item has a high coin value and a low shard value (25 coins versus 1 shard, for instance) .... I tend to sell that item.

How many to keep of what is always the 64,000 question......basically, it is just dependent upon what goals you have and what you need in the game. If you are working toward Magic Miser .... you would want to disenchant those items that give you the better amount of shards....

Last year, I disenchanted nearly every Christmas item because I was working toward the Magic Miser ..... so I was at a bit of a disadvantage working toward the pets and achievements this season.

This year, I didn't need any of the items offered through the Christmas DQs (after I got the cards) so I had an abundance of decorations to trade for wands or gift boxes. But, for those needing to do the DQs, it is helpful to have a nice stash of the decorations to get you started ..... 50 or 60 would not be too many.

Last year, I gifted most of my wands and was a bit short when needing to get the stockings, snowmen, trees ....... so, this year, I will keep at least 60 to get me started toward next year ..... if there are no flying objects, I'm sure there will be players still in need to whom I can gift them.

Since each player plays the game a bit differently and has different goals, it is mostly a matter of personal preference as to what you sell, disenchant or keep.

Edited on 01/15/2018 at 9:09:17 AM PST

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 15, 18 9:54 AM
Even though I don't think we will need fox tails, bird trills, or turkey feathers next year.. I am keeping 100 of each in each game to use as gifts ... anything over 100 is fair game for me to disenchant....

For personal reasons, I do not disenchant cards or HO Christmas items... these items are the most unreasonable (imo) out of all the event items to gift if you run out (50 diamonds for cards and 30 diamonds for the Christmas items)....

I also do not disenchant/sell any of the items needed to catch floating objects (i.e.: ghost traps, carrots, and wands).... I gift these during the events, but hold on to all extras for the next year....

I keep 200 snowflakes for next year and gifting... anything over that is fair game for disenchanting..... same with Santa Medallions....

The above applies to my games where I am still collecting shards for the achievement... in my main game, I no longer sell or disenchant anything, pretty much everything is fair game for gifting

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Jan 15, 18 10:43 AM
AEG

I can't imagine why you would sell anything seeing how you have more coin than any one else in game. I just find it interesting. I have over 5 mil coin, and I have the 50k shard achievement. So for me, I do nothing with my inventory. If I should ever need it, it's there for whatever reason.

I'm assuming once someone is working on the shard achievement, they pretty much have all the other achievements that are attainable. At least that's what I did. I sharded all holiday items, and I regretted it by the time the next event happened as these items were used again. The items that probably won't be used again are things exclusively for a certain pet such as the the Turkey Feathers, Bird's Trill, and Fox's Brush.

I crafted for shards which meant I also used up most of my stamps, so I kept those on my friends list. Since I was at max level, it didn't matter that most of my stamps were gone as I didn't need any more, and I have since then built up an inventory so large that I'm sure I'll never need more.

One thing a few of my friends have started putting on the wish list is the Ice Breath. It only cost 290 coin for me to gift it. Since it is fully crafted, all they have to do is shard it. Since I have more coin than I will ever need, I am more than happy to gift it to them to help them with the achievement.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 15, 18 10:53 AM
gtminer....

1. I don't have more coins than any other player in the game .... dfkdkfl_1960 and napoeon both have more .... and those are the only 2 I know about....I'm sure there are others

2. I have completed the Magic Miser achievement, so I no longer need to disenchant items except for Trina and the private rooms ..... I have purchased the items I intend to spend shards on in the private rooms, so for now it is mostly Trina.

3. I sell/disenchant to reduce inventory because having 800 to 1000 of some item seems beyond excessive.

4. I can only gift 15 items a day, so to reduce inventory means selling or disenchanting.

But..... mostly the answer was for the person who asked ... assuming they do not have massive amounts of coins or shards...... so I was offering suggestions.

retired94
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by retired94 on Jan 15, 18 12:44 PM
Thank you for your input. I think I had disenchanted most of my event items last year to advance so didn’t have much inventory for the last two. As I am now a “millionaire “ and holding at level 82, I can be more selective on what I disenchant. It is always interesting to get players view, I now have some numbers to play with.
Have fun storming the castle.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jan 16, 18 10:42 AM
Everyone is different. So, FWIW, here's what I do with regard to selling/disenchanting:

I keep 20 of the inventory items and disenchant the rest.
I keep all of my pet food, stamps, and airship items.
I keep all of the wands, ghost traps, and whatever the equivalent for spring was-carrots?
I keep 50 of the remaining event items and disenchant the rest.
I disenchant all except 1 of each type of egg I might acquire.

I think that's all of the various categories of items that can be disenchanted. Basically, I keep what my experience has shown to be a minimum amount of items I don't use a lot of and disenchant the rest. After I reach 100,000, I'll revisit my strategy.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Go to: