bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Post any Explorer: Contraband Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 6, 10 9:00 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:Post any Explorer: Contraband Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Jun 6, 10 11:03 AM
I keep getting this Adobe Flash Player Settings pop-up box.

It asks permission to store information on my computer. If I click "deny" it just keeps popping up.

It's probably just to store my settings but it doesn't say that. Add that to the less than spectacular reviews here and I'm done.

Good thing I've got 200 levels of Deep Blue Sea II still to play!

Serafinos
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Serafinos on Jun 6, 10 1:08 PM
Wasted one of my 3 reward credits (bought 18 games to earn) by not reading the forum first -- but that's not the problem.

Get past the intro and the game sticks at the full moon lit dock.
No game start, options... nothing! Uninstalled & trying to reinstall.
If it continues -- can I get my credit back?

National Geo won't be getting anymore biz from this home, again, either.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Jun 6, 10 2:55 PM
That's the first time I had the Adobe Flash message thing. Maybe you're getting that too except that you can't see it.

When the game locks up, try hitting ctrl-alt-del once. You should get your desktop back and then you can check to see if there is a little white box in the middle of the screen with the Adobe Flash message on it.

If not, maybe there is something in Explorer that will tell you if something else is trying to run under the program.

Failing that, contact CS at BFG. They will often give you a free credit if you can't properly trial a program. Just a little something to compensate you for the aggravation.

seahoney
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by seahoney on Jun 7, 10 5:48 PM
I didn't get past the add my name part. The game froze up and once I ctrl ,alt deleted out of it that was it for me. I didn't feel I missed much altho it should have been wonderful with the National Geographic name behind it.

PepperBB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by PepperBB on Jun 7, 10 7:06 PM
The game will not even load, it keeps opening and then shutting itself off. I have unistalled and then re-installed and it keeps happening.

Go to: