Following the lemur

devolyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Following the lemur

[Post New]by devolyn on Jun 6, 10 9:52 AM
Hello all! I am stuck! I am legally deaf in my right ear and I am having great difficulty distinguishing the "loudness and clarity" of the lemur's cry to get to the clearing. All walkthroughs do not give any specific directions to get out, which leads me to believe this may be a random puzzle. I have been stuck in the jungle for days now. It seems I can only ever get to the grave or back to the village. Can someone help please? I have a pathological need to finish things and this is driving me nuts! Thanks for any help you can give.

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Following the lemur

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 6, 10 5:59 PM
Are you using a headset? It might help. You would hear from the left side a soft sound and a much stronger when you face the proper direction.
The lemur cries are random. The sound you have to follow should come from the middle but I think you would just notice it is significantly louder.

devolyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by devolyn on Jun 7, 10 7:06 PM
I will definately give that a try. Thanks for your advice!!

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 7, 10 10:47 PM
devolyn wrote:I will definately give that a try. Thanks for your advice!!

It would be really nice to know how you got on.

I think what you have to do is to turn around until the cry is the loudest. It should be about 10-15 steps. If you loose the lemur you will either get to the shrine or back to the village gate so you won't get lost in the forest.

Good luck!

Ask70
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Ask70 on Jul 14, 10 7:56 AM
I have a hearing problem too and I have tried headset and speakers. With the headset I can make out when I'm way off but I always end up with two directions that sound the same. I too always end up at the grave or back at the village...*sigh*

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jul 14, 10 3:29 PM
With a hearing problem the lemur puzzle is not easy, but I hope you can manage.
Use a headset. Turn in each node (step) to all directions and wait for the lemur cry. If you can't make it out where it comes from you just need to decide which is the loudest. If you are not sure just turn again a little and listen. Than back - and listen again. This way you could be able to figure out which is the really loudest sound and there you need to step forward.
This way it should be about 10-15 steps to get through the forest.
You can even make one or two mistakes and still be able to make it. After three wrong steps you loose him and get back to the village or the grave.
Try this and if you still have a problem I can send you a gamesave.

Ask70
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Ask70 on Jul 15, 10 3:51 AM
Martila wrote:
Try this and if you still have a problem I can send you a gamesave.

I have tried every tip I could find in the forum and listend and listend but still no luck with getting through it so that would be great thank you

[Post New]by niteowl2010 on Jun 28, 11 12:57 PM
I too am deaf and cant hear the lemur sounds so I am still going round in circles I need proper direction to get to the tree house I keep going from the clearing where the guard is to the grave..................HELP

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 28, 11 1:49 PM
niteowl2010 wrote:I too am deaf and cant hear the lemur sounds so I am still going round in circles I need proper direction to get to the tree house I keep going from the clearing where the guard is to the grave..................HELP

This is a random puzzle so there is no specific direction to follow. If you are unable to hear the sound, the simplest way would be to ask someone to do this part for you (using a headset makes it easier). But you have to cross the forest more than once so you need this help for a while. If you have some hearing, you may be able to follow the loudest sound - I explained this earlier in this topic.

If this doesn't work I could send you saved positions which you have to copy to the right place and then you can continue from the next location.

[Post New]by niteowl2010 on Jun 28, 11 3:07 PM
I would appreciate any help after a week I've still not got to the tree house just the clearing and the grave

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 28, 11 3:48 PM
niteowl2010 wrote:I would appreciate any help after a week I've still not got to the tree house just the clearing and the grave

So you've made it to the clearing. Then you are there at the tree house! Look at the large tree in the middle closely. Look up and you will see the hut. Get round the tree and there will be a few steps leading up to the hut but some of the steps are missing.... You will have to fix them somehow. All you need is on the clearing - look at even in the remote corner where the large crates are!

[Post New]by niteowl2010 on Jun 29, 11 12:04 PM
i meant the clearing where the guard is and you pick up your red berries after getting lost somewhere in the jungle i either reach the grave or a voice says the lemur will show me the way or i end up back where the guard is

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 29, 11 4:43 PM
Oh sorry, I misunderstood... The lemur would take you to another clearing where the tree is... Can you ask someone to help? Or if you give me an e-mail address I can try to send you saved game positions which are after crossing the forest.

[Post New]by niteowl2010 on Jul 1, 11 8:22 AM
I cant get the save you sent onto my p.c..can you simplify how to do it thanks

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jul 1, 11 11:57 AM
Unfortunately it is very hard for me to help from here as it all depends on your system and the settings. And I am not very technical either. But I suggest you to write to Big Fish technical support and ask for detailed instructions, or on the page I recommended in my PM. I think they can help.

[Post New]by niteowl2010 on Jul 3, 11 2:47 PM
just thought I.d let you all know I,m still stuck in the jungle..I played the toledo game first and enjoyed it that why I bought the lapland to madagascar if I had known about the lemur problem I woudn't have bothered

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jul 3, 11 3:36 PM
The developers have decided to add some visual hint to this puzzle in the future releases - but this will take time.
In the meantime, I tried to find out more about copying those files. But which operating system are you using? Windows XP or Windows 7?

Edited on 07/03/2011 at 3:37:47 PM PST

[Post New]by niteowl2010 on Jul 4, 11 1:27 PM
Martila wrote:The developers have decided to add some visual hint to this puzzle in the future releases - but this will take time.
In the meantime, I tried to find out more about copying those files. But which operating system are you using? Windows XP or Windows 7?

i am using windowsxp

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jul 8, 11 8:01 AM
Niteowl2010,
I've tried to write down how to copy the save files. But it is a quite complicated task and very easy to make a mistake. I am really sorry, I wanted to help but I don't want to make you any headache by getting lost in the procedure.
What I suggest is that you ask someone who can show you or do it for you. You may need it if you play adventure games - it is very useful.
In any case, the saves are to be copied here:
c:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxx(user name)\Application Data\Private Moon Studios\AGON_Bfg\Save\slots\agon_01.sav ...

It you don't know your user name, it is easy to find out:
- Open the (Windows) START menu and choose Run. A little window will appear in the left bottom corner. Type in: cmd. Press OK.
- A black window comes up and in the last line you will see something like this:
c:\documents and settings\xxxxxxx
The word after documents and settings\ is supposed to be the user name you need. Make a note of this name and close the black window.

Sorry, I so much hoped to be able to help...

Edited on 07/08/2011 at 8:03:02 AM PST

whizzkid1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by whizzkid1 on Jul 30, 11 3:14 PM
yipeeeeeee put this game on y laptop used headseat and hey followed the lemur to the clearing I.m now at the grave and need to know how to move the poles as I cant seem to move them all,,thanks

Go to: