Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Incredible Dracula IV: Game of Gods Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 16, 18 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/16/2018 at 8:20:03 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Incredible Dracula IV: Game of Gods Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 16, 18 8:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Incredible Dracula IV: Game of Gods Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 17, 18 12:46 PM
Does anyone else have problems with some of the words of the story line or conversations, being missing? I have this same issue now with all 4 games in this series. The game works flawless, and I can usually fill in the blanks, but I've never had this particular issue with any other game, and it's not like the graphics are huge when compared with a HOPA game, and it's weird that the pictures and scenery are perfect, it's just the words, and always towards the end, not the beginning of the sentences???

Windows 7

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 17, 18 2:40 PM
Hi pennmom36,

That's definitely an odd thing to have come up. We can try some quick troubleshooting to see if that helps. I'm sure you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the games, but we can also check for updates to see if that helps. Steps for this can be found here:

Video Driver Updates

It's also a good idea to reach out to our Technical Support Team so we can better gather information and track reports of this situation. Please feel free to PM me or another Moderator if there are any more questions. We'll do everything we can to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by regulo on Jan 17, 18 7:29 PM
Hi, it's just me or it has a glitch on level 20? It's really hard to get through this level, its freezes and even closed all the game. I tried 3 times already...

sherstar
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sherstar on Jan 18, 18 8:02 AM
game freezes at different points - and have to start over again - windows 7 - help

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 18, 18 10:15 AM
Hi regulo and sherstar,

It sounds like there have been some freezing troubles while playing. Let's see if we can get things working better through troubleshooting. For freezing issues (and what sounds like some save issues as well), these can be caused by the game not having the permissions it needs to work correctly or create save files. The steps from the following articles may help out:

Run Game as Administrator
Game Not Saving

Another thing that can help with freezing issues is checking for video card driver updates for the system to make sure the game and system get along as well as possible. Steps for this can be found here:

Video Driver Updates

Should the issues persist after trying these steps, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. You can also PM me or another Moderator with any questions that remain. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

sherstar
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sherstar on Jan 18, 18 12:32 PM
so far so good re freezing - but here is the only way I can get it to stop freezing - windows 7

as per your tips:

made my display appearance windows basic and changed properties of game executable to check disable visual themes and desktop composition - BUT do not run it from shortcut OR big fish game manager - freezes - only when I run it from the program file folder does it seem to work - hopefully I didn't jinx it - but up to level 11 and so far so good

- hope this helps others with same problem

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 18, 18 1:36 PM
Hi sherstar,

Thanks for sharing those tips for what helped in this particular case! It's really appreciated when players share tips and tricks like this, since sometimes the things that work on different systems can vary. Hopefully things continue to be smooth from here on out!

bfgArinelle

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Jan 19, 18 11:37 AM
Tired of game freezing on several levels so far. I am running windows 10. My computer is brand new and needs no updates. Please fix the game!!!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 19, 18 12:29 PM
Hello Qismet,

I absolutely understand wanting a game that doesn't repeatedly freeze. If updating the video card driver and running the game in Administrator Mode haven't fixed the problem, then I'd recommend contacting our Customer Support Team. They'll be able to replace the game for you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Should questions or concerns arise in the future, please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator. We're always happy to help.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 12:30:10 PM PST

sherstar
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sherstar on Jan 20, 18 8:42 AM
To Qismet,

Did you try my fix? I havent had any problems since - see my post - really like game so didnt want to give up on it.

sherstar
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sherstar on Jan 22, 18 8:33 AM
Arggh - got to level 43 and it froze - so guess my fix was not enough !!!

donnacal
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by donnacal on Jan 25, 18 8:44 AM
Level 20 keeps freezing! I have a Mac and did not see instructions for how to correct this issue on a Mac.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 29, 18 2:59 PM
Hi sherstart and donnacal,

I'm sorry to hear there have been some more freezing issues. In case they help, I'd like to go ahead and link to our help article that specifically deals with freezing issues in case there's something in it that we missed originally. Here's that article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I would also like to include the help article for our Mac users, since they have different steps to follow. For Macs, the best thing to do is checking for updates or reinstalling software programs Macs rely on for games to work as well as possible. Those tips can be found here:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If the issues continue to persist after trying the steps from the relevant article, please message our Technical Support Team for further assistance. You can also PM me or another Moderator with questions. We're happy to help in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Annebell58 on Feb 2, 18 5:14 AM
I keep freezing and losing my progress and have to start over. I'm using Windows 10. I even tried copying the Incredible Dracula Game of Gods folder under C:program files x86 to another location as a backup and replace it when I froze but I still had a corrupt game profile. Any help or fix for this?

Mrdenis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Mrdenis on Feb 3, 18 1:57 PM
I have windows 10, 8 + ram , 1 t hdd , I have found the game starts freezing at level 5 then move to other levels. it has froze 3 times on level 8. will not purchase till they fix it.

[Post New]by sherrigee on Feb 6, 18 7:31 AM
On the final board of the bonus level... you end up missing 2 Glue and can't complete it. Is there something I'm missing??? Is it a matter of not upgrading buildings to conserve glue? I've never had this issue before....

hipan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by hipan on Feb 11, 18 2:18 PM
I have the same issue as Sherrigee, only I have 3 glues missing on level 5 of the bonus game. I tried increasing the output but it doesn't work because the game will only give you so many glues and I am 3 short every time.

[Post New]by Kellypmh on Feb 13, 18 11:52 AM
Same issue here. I have tried it at least a dozen times and not matter how I play it I am 3 glues short of being able to complete. Has anyone got any ideas?

Go to: