Re:Amsterdam Freebie

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Jan 17, 18 11:29 PM
Interesting, I see no dogwalkers around level 32 ...

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Jan 18, 18 8:30 AM
I have the man and dog, but it's not free, you have to complete 10 levels to get 10 green gems.

Interesting that it's different for people. Anyone else care to check this?

Fish

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 18, 18 9:18 AM
I wonder if the reward for completing the ten item mission changed, or possibly the levels needed for getting the items. I've seen similar freebies before where I had already finished the mission. I'm missing one on this set, so I see 10 greens if I get that last one.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 18, 18 11:36 AM
I went back there and did the last 2 greens. I seem to recall that you used to have to tap on the end of mission to collect the prize and now it happens automatically so perhaps that is the answer for kailuaauntie.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jan 18, 18 5:38 PM
I have never ever had to tap on the person icon after completing the final level of the 10 item missions, its always given the reward automatically and then the person disappears from the board forever. I just had a look through Amsterdam to see if the man with the dog is there on my game. There is a man with a dog and cat, but not near level 32, he is next to level 91, but he is a 10 item mission man, he will give me 3 green gems when I complete all 10 of the missions. Which I won't do as I don't need to bother as I have enough resources in many cities to mine for thousands of gems should I need them, but don't seem to use anywhere near as many in the later cities than we had to earlier on so they aren't worth the hassle.

Frans58
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Frans58 on Jan 20, 18 1:48 AM
I have a man with (carrying?) a dog near level 32.
It is indeed a 10 item mission.
Completing it will give 10 greens.
I seem to recall having to tap a 10 item person to get the reward

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Jan 20, 18 6:48 AM
I do not believe I have ever tapped on a person after completing a 10 item mission either. After completing the tenth level of the mission there is a bit of a delay but then the reward is given and the person disappears from the board. Maybe some folks are tapping on the person but I don't think it is necessary. I will try to pay more attention next time and actually tap on the person before the game can automatically offer up the reward.

Best regards
Glitter

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 20, 18 11:07 AM
Back in the “old days” I am certain you used to have to actually collect the reward by tapping as I occasionally forget and found it later. I think it was changed in one of the reasonably early updates - I very seldom do the missions these days unless I feel particularly interested as in Bogota where they activated the amusements. I wish they would do something like that again is it made the city much more interesting. Maybe in Miami?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 20, 18 11:23 AM
Frequently it takes a few seconds for the reward to pop up automatically. I strongly suspect that there have been times when I was in a hurry and left the city too fast. Not sure whether the reward would pop at that time or sit there until next city visit and need a tap.

In any case it is clear to me that sometimes the requirements for the reward or the amount of the reward changes, or the location/image of the person holding the reward changes. I can see how that could cause surprise rewards to be available to those who had collected them previously, or perhaps to those who were missing one item from master level and the reqs changed to just need architect level, etc.

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Feb 11, 18 9:11 PM
T-Bird,
I too used to have to "tap" to get the reward for doing the mission! Believe me when I paid millions, coins, bought boosts etc to get finished, I was tapping everything in sight! That was the old, old days! It does still have a long pause after completing...
LordK- it makes sense now.... I knew or was reasonably sure one said 280 and when I went back later 280 was no where to be found, thought I was going crazy. So glad I'm NOT! Lol.

Go to: