Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Winter Lily Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 18, 18 12:41 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/18/2018 at 7:58:04 AM PST

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Winter Lily Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by leacraw on Jan 18, 18 5:19 AM
Not necessarily a game issue but when starting the game it closes my Game Manager and I'm still trying to get it open. Definitely a no-buy for me!
Windows 10 laptop

Edited on 01/18/2018 at 5:22:13 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Winter Lily Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 18, 18 7:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 18, 18 8:01 AM
Hi leacraw,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble getting the Big Fish Games app to pull up again. Usually when something like this happens, it's due to something going wrong within the files of the Big Fish Games app itself. I've had it happen on my own computer too, and reinstalling the app fixed things up again. Steps for doing this can be found here:

Reinstall the Big Fish Games app

If the issue persists after doing that, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for further help. You can also PM me or another Moderator with remaining questions. We're always happy to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by lstreeter23 on Jan 18, 18 12:32 PM
The games I order won't. Install

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 18, 18 1:06 PM
Hi lstreeter23,

It sounds like there's been some trouble installing games. That can definitely be frustrating, so let's see what we can do to get things working better. Installation issues are often related to interference from another program, such as an antivirus. The Big Fish Games app also just may need to access the internet a different way in order to better download and install the games. Steps for how to set things up in a way that may help are located here:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Should the issue continue after that, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. You can also PM me or another Moderator with additional questions. We're always happy to do everything we can to help.

bfgArinelle

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 18, 18 10:34 PM
No problems at all with this game. I rarely have a problem with games. Most problems seem to be associated with Win 10 - I will stay with my PC win 8.1 format.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 19, 18 10:07 AM
Win10PC.

I thought for sure I had great music all through the trial game. Now that I have the full game. Long periods of no music. Only music in the cut scenes. No music during the Hops. When I go to the bonus content I have lush music playing.

I started on a new profile to sample the music while playing at the start and same thing, no music playing.

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 10:08:38 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 19, 18 11:26 AM
Hello Majestyx12,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like music doesn't play as frequently in the game as it did in the trial version. It's possible this is a feature of the game, but if there's interest in troubleshooting (in case this is a technical glitch) then I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling Dark Romance: Winter Lily Collector's Edition.

This help article will guide you through that process:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

If the game (whose progress shouldn't be loss) still has long periods where no music players, then it's likely this is a part of the game.

Please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if any more questions arise. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 19, 18 2:09 PM
Thank you bfgBeruna for replying.

Since this game has 1.5 Gs of data and my data isn't free I'll wait and see if I'm the only one or if I have extra data at the end of the month to use before I uninstall and reinstall.

I do wish it had music all the way through.

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 2:10:38 PM PST

debthereb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by debthereb on Jan 20, 18 9:59 AM
The whetstone disappears after playing the panel puzzle. Is anyone else having this problem? Using a new windows 10 laptop.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 20, 18 10:48 PM
Did you try your arrow keys on the tool bar?

debthereb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by debthereb on Jan 21, 18 1:07 PM
Thank you, it worked.

packrat54
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by packrat54 on Jan 21, 18 11:45 PM
Hi! I am using Windows 10 PC and I had a problem with sizing. Even though I changed to widescreen/full screen it did not change.What I finally did was uncheck those boxes so that I could see my item collection tray. I was able to play the game but it was irritating. I don't know if anyone else has this issue but I thought I would post the problem.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 22, 18 5:15 AM
Your Welcome, any time.

Edited on 01/22/2018 at 5:24:03 AM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 22, 18 5:36 AM
packrat54 wrote:Hi! I am using Windows 10 PC and I had a problem with sizing. Even though I changed to widescreen/full screen it did not change.What I finally did was uncheck those boxes so that I could see my item collection tray. I was able to play the game but it was irritating. I don't know if anyone else has this issue but I thought I would post the problem.

Some thing to check would be in your pc's setting. I also have Windows 10 PC.
Go to Settings. Then to Systems.
My first item there is Display. Click it.
I then have scale and layout. I have 3 settings here.
I have my pc on the recommend setting. 100%.
That is what I would check, but that's up to you.
If you worry about messing up. Write down what it's settings are before you mess with it. If it doesn't work, put it back as you found it. Their are two other settings there to, you can check at the scale and layout.

Edited on 01/22/2018 at 5:58:55 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 22, 18 1:15 PM
Hey packrat54,

It sounds like there have been some troubles with how the game appears on screen, and Majestyx12 has provided some great tips that may help get things working better. Another thing I can suggest is trying out the Auto-Adjust feature of your monitor. This can be found as either a button labeled Auto on the monitor itself or in the options that appear when pressing the monitor's Menu button.

We can also try some of the steps from our screen resolution help article. The steps in that article specify a base resolution to try, but it's perfectly fine to try out others until we find the combination that works best for your system. Those steps can be found here:

Screen Resolution

Should none of the above get things working better, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. You may also PM me or another Moderator with questions or concerns. We'll do everything in our power to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by japgem89 on Jan 23, 18 3:43 AM
Got to the snowflake puzzle and game continually crashes, freezes and shows the regular mouse pointer. Tried restarting several times. Running Window 10.

Edited on 01/23/2018 at 3:49:09 AM PST

gamephan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by gamephan on Jan 24, 18 2:28 PM
I just got to the very end of the bonus chapter of Dark Romance: Winter Lily and
when I try to click on the bubble the game shuts down and a windows message come up stating an error has occurred. Running on Windows 7 PC. Has anyone else experienced this?

[Post New]by Caralan on Jan 28, 18 7:12 AM
The snow flake puzzle crashes the game. Have reinstalled, checked all settings, all up to date. Windows 10.

Go to: