Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Romance: Winter Lily Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 18, 18 12:42 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/18/2018 at 7:56:43 AM PST

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:lease post your REVIEWS for Dark Romance: Winter Lily Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Jan 18, 18 2:26 AM
The story is pretty close to the classic Snow White. The evil queen needs this princess's heart to keep herself young. I didn't have any technical problems with the demo. The story is interesting enough. There were a couple of things that bugged me though. When we have to gather the six items to create the potion, the tear in the recipe page goes thru the last item to be collected. And clicking on the recipe doesn't make it larger, so that last ingredient was impossible to make out. I just clicked on things and tried placing them in order to figure out what it was. The other thing, which we have seen in other games, is when we have to add to a plus item in inventory. To close or back out of the view, we have to click directly on the X in the corner of the screen. It would make it much easier if we could just click outside the view or below it.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:lease post your REVIEWS for Dark Romance: Winter Lily Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Jan 18, 18 4:20 AM
No a bad game, I should be jumping for joy cause I like fairy tale games & not a fan of the dark creepy games. Domini Games isn't one of my favorite Devs,there kinda repetitive but they've improved a bit. & a new game would be nice! Ive been burning out my older games playing them over & over! I had a glitch in beginning putting medallion together, just started a new profile & all's good!

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Jan 18, 18 5:21 AM
I posted in Tech Issues thread as well. Game manager closes when game opens and I still cannot get it to open. I'll probably have to uninstall and reinstall.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Romance: Winter Lily Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 18, 18 7:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Dark Romance: Winter Lily Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dark Romance: Winter Lily Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

WaltzingFish
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Romance: Winter Lily Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by WaltzingFish on Jan 18, 18 3:00 PM
Main Game Page: Submissions currently unavailable.

This game has all the ingredients of current HOPA's: animals have to be bribed, statues have to completed with eyes, crowns, locks have to be opened, potions to be prepared, you collect lilies, dwarven artifacts and chess figures - great for those who are into collectables.
For me the end of the demo was reached when the fairy, pictured in the main page icon, spoke up.
Her voice, squeaking and screeching, sealed the NO deal.

for a poor offering of a series I once loved.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jan 18, 18 3:09 PM
Pretty game. A lot of purple but I can live with it. Good graphics, didn't have the sound on so I never heard the squeaking fairy LOL, I'm just enjoying my favorite genre of game so no complaints.

Happy gaming!

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 18, 18 3:22 PM
This game is a yes for me. I had fun. I know it will have too many puzzle but I will over look it for this maker. It's beautiful and I have all the other Dark Romance in CE. I liked all the other one's in the series but kingdom of death was so-so. Loved the arrow puzzle and the snowflake. Can't wait to finish it. It ran smooth for me no problems.

Wait, I found out when I bought the game. I'm having music pauses. It has music on the cut scenes and in the bonus content. Not in the hops. Or other times. I thought for sure the trial had music playing all the time. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 9:54:53 PM PST

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Jan 18, 18 8:23 PM
The only favorable things I can say about this are the graphics are nice and the extras section attractive....other than that there is nothing that held my interest and the game was a bore. You do have to collect numerous items ( the usual blah) and put things together....and perform meaningless tasks. Have you ever used a fan to cool something off before taking it out of an oven? Right. The oil can...the keys...the emblem parts...this and that to go here and there....and oh, yes, there are potions...I can do without. It's just too much to do besides having numerous puzzles and the few hos.

I did not finish the demo...the end for me came when I encountered a hos that was more of a puzzle where you have to match the items using both top and side sliding bars to do it (which I did complete). Even though there was an alternative match 3, there should have been a skip for this.

There were 4 hos and 7 puzzles in what I played. I skipped the puzzles except for the snowflake one where you are following that extremely annoying fairy. The first hos was finding parts, and second, the overused word finds to match a picture story that I rarely even read because I don't care for these types at all. The other was finding metal items in a gate and I found myself just clicking away.

The extras indicate there are 18 puzzles(you have to wonder about the accuracy of that #) and 18 hos....both you can replay...and from the demo I wouldn't care for either. You collect Dwarven artifacts (which look like small round locks to me and are not easy to find),...lilies...and chess pieces. There are 3 icons above your inventory bar that glow when there is one for you to find and it is indicated how many you have found and how many you have to go in the upper left hand corner of your screen when you do find one. You use the lilies to buy items for The Royal Chamber which is attractive. The Dwarven artifacts go into a Museum and the chess pieces on a chess board ( I have no idea for what). The Extras section is very nicely done.

For me, this is a disappointing game that had the potential to be so much better if there had been less nonsensical and boring things to do. It took away from the game and I doubt that I will even be interested in this as a SE because of it.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jan 18, 18 11:26 PM
I really enjoyed the demo. The graphics were beautiful and the puzzles were simple enough for me to do ( as least most of them ) . Unfortunately the sale right now doesn't benefit me so I will wait for a better one before purchasing.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Jan 19, 18 10:36 AM
Another Boring, Silly and, in my opinion, JPD (just plain dumb) game! A cookie cutter game with purple frosting. Even the Obsidian was PURPLE!

I yearn for the days of computer games that made a person think, use logic, solve reality based problems, not dumb stuff like three silly puzzles to open a door that leads to pretty much nothing.

Give us some thought! Come to think of it, give us a plot!

An absolute NO BUY for me!

Abs

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 19, 18 4:42 PM
Hello friends! Well, it looks like we have #8 in this series. As always, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story review to others who do a much better job than I. As usual with this developer, the graphics in this addition are exceptional. We still have the blur when going in and out of cut scenes and sometimes in other areas, but mostly very well done. Colors are bright and clear, but not over powering at all. Exceptional animation throughout, very realistic. Game play was excellent, with no problems during the demo. The voices weren't bad, but the fairy was extremely annoying and our Prince sounded rather wimpy. I just feel a Prince should have an accent. They are age appropriate and spoke with some emotion, except for the Prince...his voice was off-putting. As usual, I turn down the music, as I much prefer sound FX. I didn't notice that much music anyway. Sound FX, when we had them, are nicely done.

HOPs are a fun variety of interactive lists, silhouettes, place item in scene, highlighted words, and match picture using the slider bars. Scenes are very clean and clear and items were not difficult to find. Very nice selection, so you don't get bored, but if you do, you can switch to a match 3 game. Puzzles were not difficult, but one did take a little thought to complete. We can still choose between easy and hard for the puzzles and the full game play as well, for those who want more challenge. Hint system is very helpful and it does transport to longer locations, by opening the map and showing you where your next move is going to be. Yep, my favorite map, very clear, areas are well marked and identified, and it shows you which location has a missed collectible. I find the Strategy Guide to be useful if I just can't find that elusive collectible.

Collectibles are extremely well done, with challenge. We need to find 15 various artifacts that are quite small and hard to find in most cases; 48 pink lilies that we use to buy items for the boudoir; 12 chess pieces that are actually game characters, and which are easy to overlook. Nothing really jumps out at you, so be on the look out for them all.

This game flowed very well and was easy to follow, but the story seemed to move slowly. Hopefully this picks up as the game progresses. This story was a bit of a twist on a very old story. I like how we switch characters and play both sides...kept things interesting. It did have some challenge, so it wasn't just a walk through. This is one of my favorite series and it just seems to get better with each game. No, I'm not giving it a 5, it isn't perfect throughout. Because of the blur and the slow story, I gave this one a 4.75. That said, I am going to add this one to my CE list, because I need to see where it goes and I liked it. I think most all levels of players will find this one entertaining and sometimes challenging.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

napapen
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by napapen on Jan 20, 18 3:44 PM
I'm playing the demo and I don't expect fairy's to speak like men but that is too much and a big turnoff so I am not buying.

[Post New]by tinyminimoo on Jan 24, 18 9:37 PM
Bought this game and wish i had not ,Complete waste of £11.00.

I had completed the game in 2 days, not much going on in it .

We want games more like MIDNIGHT CASTLE,that is brilliant ,been plying for over a year ab fab game xxxxxxxxxx

Athenatoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Athenatoo on Jan 25, 18 11:26 AM
Dominii ... please do not succumb to Millenials' Disease by using apostrophes to create plurals. (Strategy Guide .. collectibles). The plural of "lily" is "lilies", not "lily's".

Why does it matter? Because you have a character in the game who is named Lily. Anything belonging to Lily is "Lily's", so when you use that word in the collectible instructions, it's confusing. Yes, I figured it out, but I should not have to try to interpret what you really meant.

nbennitt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by nbennitt on Jan 28, 18 3:04 PM
in Dark Romance I am having a problem seeing the complete page. Inventory is cut off and conversation is cut off at the bottom of the page.

[Post New]by DatPixieGirl on Jan 29, 18 4:04 PM
I'm shocked that so many reviewers were put off by the high pitch of the fairy's voice; at least she shows emotion. No one has mentioned the fact that Queen Grace sounds like an elderly woman of limited literacy trying to read aloud from an academic paper. And that's AFTER she gets her memory back.

I actually enjoy the gameplay, the graphics, the puzzles, and the HOPs (maybe because purple is my favorite color), but I just cannot resist saying something about how God-awful Queen Grace sounds. Please, Domini Games, never hire that voice "actress" again.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jan 30, 18 6:02 PM
I enjoyed the demo enough to purchase the game, but ended up being fairly disappointed by the game as a whole, to the point that I gave up early on the bonus round and deleted the game from my computer. What looked promising just began to be endlessly repetitive in terms of the mini-games and tasks in general. Characters which could have been important to the story disappeared once they were freed/saved or whatever the task was about them, so that they never helped the two frequently hapless main characters. King William was imprisoned so often, it's a wonder he accomplished anything, and Princess Lily was stuck back doing women's work making endless potions, and when she finally got to progress forward, wham, she needed to be saved. For people who hated the fairy's extremely high voice, no problem, she disappears from the story after a while too. Finally, I'm totally in agreement with DatPixie Girl -- Queen Grace's voice was horrendous, sort of slooooowww, seemingly mentally incapacitated and hiding what sounded like some kind of weird Southern U.S. accent, and even after being saved from enchantment, she hardly sounded different. I couldn't move fast enough to skip through her dialogue, and while I wouldn't want to deprive an actor of a livelihood, still, she should never do another game again, or at least be prevented from doing this to another character. Dark Romance: Winter Lily had all the elements for a beautiful, fun game, but it's like no one thought out how to evolve beyond a concept.

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Feb 16, 18 8:55 AM
I loved everything about this game----the story AND storytelling the great characters, vo's, beautiful graphics. Everything but no music. I wish that the little bit of good music would be incorporated through the whole game. Some fishies don't need music and should have the choice of turning the music off. Without music, the game is like dead air. Devs, please hear us.

Go to: