World 16, WOW!

irishlavender
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

World 16, WOW!

[Post New]by irishlavender on Jan 18, 18 9:42 AM
Now we're talking, the world - so far- has been the " The good old SML ", the very good old game we got used to from the beginning!
I've played so far the first two tiers of all levels up to 55, as in half way of the game. No boosts needed to pass these levels, and - for long time - I've really enjoyed the game
So thanks to whom this may concern!

Edited on 01/18/2018 at 9:44:31 AM PST

BoutjeFedankt
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

World 16, WOW!

[Post New]by BoutjeFedankt on Jan 18, 18 11:09 AM
irishlavender wrote:Now we're talking, the world - so far- has been the " The good old SML ", the very good old game we got used to from the beginning!
I've played so far the first two tiers of all levels up to 55, as in half way of the game. No boosts needed to pass these levels, and - for long time - I've really enjoyed the game
So thanks to whom this may concern!

I agree, so far i've played up to level 11 all 3 tiers, without boosts. I always play 11 levels all 3 tiers until a gate comes by. I think i have always enough fireflies to pass this way, and sometimes you have to play 3 tiers to get a key for a gate that is further away.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:World 16, WOW!

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 18, 18 11:13 AM
Hello irishlavender,

I'm thrilled that World 16: Vacation Time has been so enjoyable! The developers and other teams behind the game work diligently to provide players with an exceptional gaming experience, so I'll definitely pass this feedback along to them.

If questions or concerns about Sir Match-a-Lot, please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator. We're always glad to lend a hand.

bfgBeruna

irishlavender
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

World 16, WOW!

[Post New]by irishlavender on Jan 18, 18 5:16 PM
BoutjeFedankt wrote:
"I agree, so far i've played up to level 11 all 3 tiers, without boosts. I always play 11 levels all 3 tiers until a gate comes by. I think i have always enough fireflies to pass this way, and sometimes you have to play 3 tiers to get a key for a gate that is further away."

A correction from me, played of course the needed third tiers (levels 1,3,5,8,10,23,25,27,30 and 32) to be able to proceed in game. And as I said, no boosts needed so far

Edited on 01/18/2018 at 5:21:22 PM PST

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Jan 30, 18 6:18 AM
I agree with the above statements. I was thinking this to be true but didn't want to jinx anything by saying so. Has been fun playing, may have used some boosts, but that's ok, they do need to make money also! Thank you developers for listening and acting on it!

irishlavender
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by irishlavender on Jan 30, 18 11:04 AM
Thank you both BoutjeFedankt and Linda43416 for agreeing with me
I must say I'm a bit disapointed that more players haven't (bothered?) to comment on this level. Let's face it, there absolutely is no "jinx" there, and for me level16 was the very first and so far the only level where I was able to increase my coin amount!!
I don't know, is it just easier to give negative feedback ( I sure have given my share of it) and hard to give thanks, but in all honesty, I'm the first to thank someone whenever things are done well

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jan 30, 18 11:32 AM
irishlavender wrote:Thank you both BoutjeFedankt and Linda43416 for agreeing with me
I must say I'm a bit disapointed that more players haven't (bothered?) to comment on this level.

I'll let you all know if I ever make it that far. I just got trapped in the Sweet Shop . I just started this world yesterday. Finally got out of the dungeon.

I'm still a couple worlds behind. If I can manage to get through worlds 14 and then 15 I'll be looking forward to a reprieve in world 16.

irishlavender
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by irishlavender on Jan 30, 18 12:07 PM
Dear silver_hawk,
Try to be patient, Sweet Shop is pure murder I'm sorry to say, keep you're focus and waitings on level 16, it sure is worth it!

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Jan 30, 18 5:46 PM
I was lovin' world 16 till I got to the last 11. They are tougher than the rest. Have increased my coins on this world by 4000+. May have to invest it in boosts and extra moves to complete this world.

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Jan 31, 18 6:34 AM
irishlavender wrote:Thank you both BoutjeFedankt and Linda43416 for agreeing with me
I must say I'm a bit disapointed that more players haven't (bothered?) to comment on this level.

I didn't comment because I wasn't QUITE as enthused as you, and thought I would wait until I had finished, to get an overall picture of the whole World. Now that I have all levels at Tier 3, yes, I did increase my coins by about 3,000 so it must have been a bit easier - but that was mainly on the earlier levels.

I found that during the second half, levels 55-110, the difficulty ramped up again quite steeply and I had to buy quite a lot of extra moves like before in order to get it finished, especially on the third tiers. There are many levels with only 15 moves, and I find that this is never enough to get through a third tier.

Also, like missbethann says, getting those last 11 articles was certainly very tough.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jan 31, 18 8:17 AM
irishlavender wrote:Dear silver_hawk,
Try to be patient, Sweet Shop is pure murder I'm sorry to say, keep you're focus and waitings on level 16, it sure is worth it!

Thanks irishlavender. Appreciate the honesty

After the Haunted Carnival I vowed to quit this game. There have been times where I have a few minutes here and there to spare... so... I made a decision that I will go as far as I can until I run out of coins then quit.

Weeelllll... I'm in the Sweet Stop. Have 7000 coins and seem to be maintaining them. Holding steady neither going backwards or forwards. I've had about 7000 coins for the past 3 worlds. I do spend them, obviously, or I'd never get past many levels without boosts.

I spend the coins to upgrade the balloons to it's max 1500 shipments in each new world and ship, ship, ship constantly to avoid having to replay levels for fireflies.

In the end, if I can make it past worlds 14 and 15 without going broke I may get to play world 16. We shall see. I'm not in any hurry. Just playing when I have a few minutes here and there to spare.

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Jan 31, 18 8:56 AM
I do the same thing with the air balloons so I don't have to play just to get the required fireflies. Also, I do not buy the "books" after the battles to save . If you ship flies you really don't need them because you can get what you need from each level as you progress thru the game.

irishlavender
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by irishlavender on Jan 31, 18 9:48 AM
Hi guys, I have to apologize, I've been going on about " level" 16 when I ment of course
" world " 16 which most of you understood

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jan 31, 18 9:54 AM
irishlavender wrote:Hi guys, I have to apologize, I've been going on about " level" 16 when I ment of course
" world " 16 which most of you understood

No worries. It was obvious what you meant

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jan 31, 18 10:01 AM
missbethann wrote:I do the same thing with the air balloons so I don't have to play just to get the required fireflies. Also, I do not buy the "books" after the battles to save . If you ship flies you really don't need them because you can get what you need from each level as you progress thru the game.

I don't buy the books either. I do occasionally go back to early levels to collect from the firefly farms that were built prior to the balloons being added.

Then I discovered something in order to keep balloons flying to the newest world I'm in at maximum 1500 fireflies.

I can ship multiple balloons at once. One going to the world I'm currently in fully loaded. Then another sometimes partial load going to different world that may be slightly shy of 1500 of any particular color. That way no world with firefly farms will need to ship a partial load to the world I'm currently in. I sell fireflies from the first world Dragon District for a few extra coins.

Clear as mud?

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Jan 31, 18 6:18 PM
silver_hawk wrote:

I spend the coins to upgrade the balloons to it's max 1500 shipments in each new world and ship, ship, ship constantly to avoid having to replay levels for fireflies.

In the end, if I can make it past worlds 14 and 15 without going broke I may get to play world 16. We shall see. I'm not in any hurry. Just playing when I have a few minutes here and there to spare.

Since the downgrade in availability of coins, I have become much more cautious about how I spend them, and consequently play quite a bit slower, but I still get there.

I would recommend that you can save coins by not upgrading the balloon to its max 1500. When the balloon first appeared, I upgraded it to 800 in the next two Worlds, then kept it at 400 for the rest, and in this latest World (16) I only had it at 200. It does take longer, but over time you will get enough. Say, for the last two stages, we need 3000 + 5000 = 8000; even at 200, if you sent it twice a day, you would have them all within 3 weeks, plus you will accumulate some by progressing through levels. In addition, I look for a level which I know I can beat which gives several hundred flies of each colour to replay repeatedly. (In World 16, it was Level 75, which I replayed 15 or 20 times while waiting for the balloon).

silver_hawk wrote:

I don't buy the books either. I do occasionally go back to early levels to collect from the firefly farms that were built prior to the balloons being added.

I note what you say about shipping partial loads, but as you have firefly farms established, I would recommend collecting from them every time you open your game, then you will never be short of fireflies again.

I have 3 or 4 farms in most Worlds up to Haunted Carnival (7). My routine is:-

Open game, go to World 1, and immediately play the Arena. THEN I go round all the worlds collecting fireflies, and sell in the shop. This takes approximately 5 minutes, by which time the Arena is open to play again. This has netted me hundreds of thousands of fireflies in most worlds - more than I can ever use up, and I just wish we could sell more for extra coins.

If I have a current World to work on, I will then play levels for 10 mins till the 3rd Arena opens, after which I leave and come back to it later to do the 4th Arena and send another balloon shipment.

Silver_hawk - As you are happy to play fairly slowly, I hope maybe these tips may help you.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 3, 18 2:41 PM
Thank you Kuddles3 for taking the time to offer some tips. Much appreciated.

I believe that is great advice for the majority of those who play this game. My system is working pretty good for me.

Currently, I've made it to level 99 in the Sweet Stop. Much easier than I expected. Even came out ahead and have gone from 7000 to now 8200 coins. Now I have to wait for several shipments of fireflies to get 5000 each in order to move past the barrier.

Question... I was surprised that it was not necessary to play the locals requests to trade for gate/barrier keys. They were already in possession when I reached each check point that needed them.

So... is there any reason or reward I'm unaware of by playing the requisite levels to get the crackers, ice cream, and caramel apples for the locals? Don't want to waste coins on boosts if I don't need to play those levels.

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Feb 3, 18 4:43 PM
silver_hawk - well done for being almost through the Sweet Stop, and for increasing your coins!

To answer your questions: No, there is no additional reward for collecting the items, other than to get you through the gate.

Usually you do need to collect those things to get through the gate, so if you have them already without collecting them, that sounds like a (very handy!) glitch in your game! (I wish I had it!).

You can check by looking to see if the crackers, etc. are still showing against various levels, indicating you have not collected them, even though you have them at the gate. I know you are an experienced player, and have no doubt done this already.

I do not remember the Sweet Stop specifically, and cannot now look, but all I can think of is that maybe in that World the articles were available on the first or second tier, rather than the third tier where they have been lately. I hope this helps.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 3, 18 8:59 PM
Kuddles3 wrote:
You can check by looking to see if the crackers, etc. are still showing against various levels, indicating you have not collected them, even though you have them at the gate. I know you are an experienced player, and have no doubt done this already.

I do not remember the Sweet Stop specifically, and cannot now look, but all I can think of is that maybe in that World the articles were available on the first or second tier, rather than the third tier where they have been lately. I hope this helps.

The crackers, ice cream, and caramel apples are showing that you have to play all three tiers of the 5 levels each to get them. They are still there and the locals also still have the green ! over their heads indicating that it's not completed. Plus, each still shows as a task to complete on the quest tab.

I don't know what to say other than this is the first time I've gotten through all gates without completing the "extra" requests for the locals to get keys.

If it's a glitch I'll take it

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Feb 4, 18 7:16 AM
Indeed - make the most of it!

It will be interesting to see if this continues in subsequent Worlds, as it is going to save you a lot of coins and effort, especially in collecting the 11 items in the last stage of each World, which has become the norm lately and are always very difficult. Fingers crossed for you

Go to: