A sobering thought...

rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

A sobering thought...

[Post New]by rbsworld on Jan 18, 18 12:05 PM
This WE has been extraordinary. The devs did a marvelous job with our new Xmas Room 2. The coin advantage of this room is unbelievable. Let me just say, I never thought I'd be a member of the 1M + club but thanks to my generous friends I do. My friends literally rock my world!!

That said, it pains me to see fellow players having to beg their friends to keep/choose Room 2 open. During this WE I have been able to do the added HOS daily with very few exceptions. I also have a number of lower level friends this year. Many of those players do not have the level strength to make up the payload of the added room...not to mention those trying to complete achievements (Mrs. Claus) or other goals.

This is what it 'costs' a fellow-friend in terms of lost opportunity when the Xmas Room 2 is not available:

ONE player = 3 HOS, 40 gifting opportunities and 30,000 in coins (based on +/- 40 days of the Event) and that doesn't include the other drop items..i.e. pet parts and airship items. That is huge when you consider the costs of leveling up, DQs, opening new HOS and ZZs.

Sobering thoughts, IMO. I have mentioned all this because even as this WE draws to a close, many gamers are already looking forward to the SE. It is my personal hope that the devs continue to expand the personal rooms to include a Spring Room 2 with additional HOS. It would be wonderful if all players could share the possibilities.

RBsMom

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:A sobering thought...

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 18, 18 12:14 PM
Sobering thoughts, indeed, rbsworld......

Guess I am fortunate ..... ALL of my iPad friends still have their Christmas Room 2 open...... haven't checked the PC game today, but they were all open last night.

VALINATOR
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by VALINATOR on Jan 18, 18 1:16 PM
I am very thankful for the extra coins I was able to amass from the Xmas room 2. Thank you Devs! Not quite at the million mark, but getting close. I only had a few friends that didn't have their room open, don't know if it was the glitch or not. Now I can move forward and level up some more now that I've got extra bank. I loved the event! Thanks

[Post New]by Fiftyhorse on Jan 18, 18 1:17 PM
A bit baffled! How do you get Christmas room 2? I have looked in vain but no joy.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 18, 18 1:28 PM
Fiftyhorse wrote:A bit baffled! How do you get Christmas room 2? I have looked in vain but no joy.
Open your private room.....there will be a book, of sorts, on the lower left corner .... that will bring up the available rooms for you to display/enter.....scroll through to the end, the Christmas Room 2 is the last one....

It costs 1 golden key from Trina to enter ..... once you pay the price, that room displays and you (and others) can enter the 3 HOSs on that page ..... Fireplace, Tree, Table

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

A sobering thought...

[Post New]by Luckypool on Jan 18, 18 2:18 PM
rbsworld wrote:
This is what it 'costs' a fellow-friend in terms of lost opportunity when the Xmas Room 2 is not available

I was new to the game and the Christmas Room 2 was already established before I understood most of the game's nuances, benefits, features etc. I wish (now) that I'd added heaps more friends, just so I could have gained the coin benefit. Not to worry, I love this game, but I think the waiting time for rooms to unlock will be irritating once the Christmas Event finishes.
I quite like Trina when she says to go to zoom zones, at least I can get HOS-ing.
I notice the veterans/Level 82-ers keep their massive stash of anything and everything for next year. Unfortunately I've had to sell to get coinage, so all my Christmas stuff has gone, so didn't get many Christmas pets/avatars. Hey ho - still enjoying it though.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jan 18, 18 2:48 PM
Not everyone on level 82, veterans or not, keep a massive stash of everything. Some do, some shard items or sell them to finish achievements and a lot of them send items to the Consortium players to help other players.

Some take it easy between updates & just play a few HOS and gift to their friends, some do the daily quests and Trina's quests to work toward those achievements and some just play for the fun of it.

Even though I have played since the beginning when you always got an inventory item from every HOS, I don't have a massive stash. Over time I sold items to make the coin to open the next expensive area or HOS as did many of my friends.

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Jan 18, 18 3:33 PM
I am not in the consortium, but do have a nice inventory of items that are needed for some of the pets and anyone on my friends list that request these items I will try and gift them...so I would tell anyone trying to get some of these things they should put them on their wish list...I have been trying to gift wands for those still looking for things to finish their books...

[Post New]by Fiftyhorse on Jan 18, 18 4:09 PM
thanks for the info Annelliegram

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Jan 18, 18 8:47 PM
I only have one friend who has Christmas room 1 instead of the new/two. I have gifted her. Otherwise all still have their Christmas 2 up. I love gifting. I am still getting a few. I don't worry about that. It has been wonderful event!!!

Azpotter
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Azpotter on Jan 18, 18 9:05 PM
A million gold coins!!! Wow, I thought I was doing great having amassed over $250k in gold coins during the WE. It probably would have been a lot more if I had not opened a new area (Atlantis) which has cost me a pretty penny or should I say gold coins
I have 25 friends, plus JOHN, and myself so I think I did ok. But maybe next year I will look for more friends just for the WE. I 'd like to thank all of my wonderful friends who did open their second Christmas rooms. I really hate to see it end, but my husband will be happy to have my attention back. Is it Spring yet?...

Darlene1225
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Darlene1225 on Jan 19, 18 12:17 AM

Yah I just made the million dollar club I started a little late but got it done. I was so impressed with some people have as much as 5 million can't imagine that. I worked my tail off getting a million. now I need to hold on to it. Maybe next event I'll try for 2 million.

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

A sobering thought...

[Post New]by kkreisman on Jan 19, 18 12:33 AM
Hi Luckypool, most of us that have been playing the game for awhile make our "massive stash" of everything and anything available to those on our friends list who need them. We also invite others in the forum to our friends list if they need help with specific items. We also contribute to the consortiums so they in turn can get needed items to people who need them.

All you have to do is ask. People here are happy to help.

katiek[/color]

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 12:35:07 AM PST

nopla3039
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by nopla3039 on Jan 19, 18 3:15 AM
How do you remove friends who joined just for the CE

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 19, 18 3:28 AM
nopla3039 wrote:How do you remove friends who joined just for the CE

Use your 'dustbin' symbol against the Friend's name.
It then goes into the discarded box on the LHS of the screen.
You can get them back, but eventually BFG will empty the box.
Many of us know who our "permanent" all-year-round Friends are to gift daily/weekly, and so leave the list intact for future Events.

dfkdkfl_1960
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by dfkdkfl_1960 on Jan 19, 18 4:11 AM
I also think that it is not necessary to remove spring is coming there, too, in the room of the scene of the search.

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 19, 18 5:25 AM
nopla3039 wrote:How do you remove friends who joined just for the CE

Hopefully you have a paper copy of all your friends,you could just put 'EF' ( event friends) next to their names on the paper copy as a reminder & leave them on your friends page.

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 5:26:42 AM PST

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

A sobering thought...

[Post New]by Luckypool on Jan 19, 18 5:41 AM
kkreisman wrote:Hi Luckypool, most of us that have been playing the game for awhile make our "massive stash" of everything and anything available to those on our friends list who need them. We also invite others in the forum to our friends list if they need help with specific items. We also contribute to the consortiums so they in turn can get needed items to people who need them.

All you have to do is ask. People here are happy to help.

katiek[/color]

Hello katiek, I fully appreciate that, thank you. I have many level 82-ers as friends and am eternally grateful for the gifts, especially the pet food for my cheeky monkey with dummy!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 19, 18 7:51 AM
The event does not end until GMT day roll today ...... please continue to leave open your Christmas 2 room ..... as I went through my rooms last night .... playing each friend's HOSs and then leaving a gift ..... one of my friends had already changed to the Spring room and I was unable to leave her final gift.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 19, 18 9:32 AM
Annelliegram wrote:The event does not end until GMT day roll today ...... please continue to leave open your Christmas 2 room ..... as I went through my rooms last night .... playing each friend's HOSs and then leaving a gift ..... one of my friends had already changed to the Spring room and I was unable to leave her final gift.

Me too and now I have surplus gift boxes to store until next year!

Go to: