Achievements do not worth to try for

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Jan 18, 18 5:28 PM
Am I the only one who does not see any sense in working for achievements that cost much more than they give?
Market Master gives three diamonds but costs hundreds of them. Trina requires so much more than she gives.
I am not willing to work on that ones.
What about you?

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:Achievements do not worth to try for

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jan 18, 18 5:35 PM
I'm an achievement hound. I find it satisfying to try and get all of them. It gives me something to strive for. Otherwise, to me it's just doing rounds and I find that boring.

One way or another I will have ALL the achievements. May take me several years, but it will happen... eventually.

MaryLiLamb
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLiLamb on Jan 18, 18 5:45 PM
I work on all the achievements except the Trina ones. The shard requirements for her quests are ridiculous.

I'll work on her quests after I buy all the furniture in all the special rooms first.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 18, 18 7:49 PM
I will not try for the final trophy for Trina quests... seems like I do about 200 a year, which would take me 23 more years to complete her quests, I doubt I'll live that long.. and even if I did, I wouldn't play 8 to 10 hours a day, pretty much everyday, for the next 23 years just to say I got those achievements... but, that's just me...

varetto123
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by varetto123 on Jan 18, 18 8:05 PM
I like to get all the available achievements, but some of them are definitely on the back burner for now. When I get to the whatever the maximum level is at whatever point I get there and I'm just waiting for updates, that will be the point at which I can work on things like the Trina achievement. Things like Market Master, given that occasionally I get bored waiting for items to drop and buy things to craft with, should happen sooner or later without me specifically working on them.

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Jan 18, 18 8:16 PM
I will try for all of them. I like to strategize and work them together. And I try to keep a positive attitude and at this time I don't think they are impossible. Other players see it differently and that is okay.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 18, 18 8:24 PM
When I found out the final requirement for Key Master and Ace Assistant (after doing 500 of Trina's quests), I sent her to her room for several months.

Recently, I let her out when I started working haphazardly on the Daily Quests (I allow her to ride along, but I don't focus on her).

But, then, I'm not pursuing the DQ achievements with a great deal of vigor......if the DQ is reasonable, I will play it...if not, I wait for the next day to see if I get a better one. As a result, my numbers toward the final goal are not nearly so high as others. It will take me many years to get to that magical 500 final goal.

So....2 for Trina .... 3 for DQs ...... 2 for Cozy Cubby and Furniture Finder (that no one can complete yet because we don't have enough slots or furniture upgrades to meet the final requirements).

Yep, 7 left ...... 263/270 for the total count

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Jan 18, 18 8:37 PM
Annelliegram wrote:When I found out the final requirement for Key Master and Ace Assistant (after doing 500 of Trina's quests), I sent her to her room for several months.

Recently, I let her out when I started working haphazardly on the Daily Quests (I allow her to ride along, but I don't focus on her).

But, then, I'm not pursuing the DQ achievements with a great deal of vigor......if the DQ is reasonable, I will play it...if not, I wait for the next day to see if I get a better one. As a result, my numbers toward the final goal are not nearly so high as others. It will take me many years to get to that magical 500 final goal.

So....2 for Trina .... 3 for DQs ...... 2 for Cozy Cubby and Furniture Finder (that no one can complete yet because we don't have enough slots or furniture upgrades to meet the final requirements).

Yep, 7 left ...... 263/270 for the total count

I have heard those described as the magnificent seven. I use that as incentive. Anxious to complete Magic Miser. After the spring event 2017, I had 23,100 Shards collected. Today 82,336. Once I disenchant winter items I hope to have more than 85,000. My goal is to finish that achievement by the end of spring event.

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

Achievements do not worth to try for

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 19, 18 2:07 AM
Hufflepuff wrote:Am I the only one who does not see any sense in working for achievements that cost much more than they give?
Market Master gives three diamonds but costs hundreds of them. Trina requires so much more than she gives.
I am not willing to work on that ones.
What about you?

I'm with you on this.
DQs & Trina...from reading other posts/threads this achievement is more like a drudge than fun.Maybe sometime in the future I'll change my mind but I doubt it.It doesn't bother me that I haven't got these achievements

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 19, 18 2:29 AM
"Focus, Focus"!
Banish all those negative thoughts!
I WILL succeed.
With a bit of luck I will finish all 3 DQs in the coming year.
But I am running out of time and so am trying to persuade/coerce one of my grandchildren to take over my ID so my legacy will live on as the First to conquer that greedy little "hussie" aka Trina!

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 2:30:52 AM PST

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Jan 19, 18 7:10 AM
What is so wonderful about this game is that there is really something for everyone and you can work at whatever achievements you want with no penalties. I am just happy we have this wonderful forum to share thoughts and ideas. I have seen players at level 82 that have done absolutely nothing to their private room and wonder if they were like me and didn't know for a very long time (until I found the forum at level 76) what to do with it. I don't knock myself out trying for achievements because I know at some point I will make most of them at some point.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 19, 18 7:39 AM
playingthegame wrote:"Focus, Focus"!
I WILL succeed.
But I am running out of time and so am trying to persuade/coerce one of my grandchildren to take over my ID so my legacy will live on as the First to conquer that greedy little "hussie" aka Trina!
Oops ...... sorry to burst your bubble ..... but dfkdkfl_1960 has already reported that he has done the 3000 for Ace Assistant.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 19, 18 9:37 AM
Annelliegram wrote:
playingthegame wrote:"Focus, Focus"!
I WILL succeed.
Oops ...... sorry to burst your bubble ..... but dfkdkfl_1960 has already reported that he has done the 3000 for Ace Assistant.

I know!

And I am VERY envious, to say the least.
But he has been playing since the Stone Ages.
In fact somewhere in the MC there is a special Hospital Wing named after him!

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Jan 19, 18 4:43 PM
I am going to spend very less time in the castle after the end of event, drop by to gift and look for something new.
If I am in the mood I am going to try on dice and DQs achievements.

LynnNfld
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by LynnNfld on Jan 19, 18 6:29 PM
It's a game, I think, meant to be a distraction during idle day hours. I have achievements I will probably never get. I am always happy when I get one, but, short of willing my grandson to complete them for me, some I may never get in this life. Again, why care? The CE was a lot of fun, the SE will be fun, too. And during it all, I make a bit of progress with the elusive achievements.
I see people in the forum venting frustrations about getting to the end all the time. Why? What's at the end besides boredom and waiting for the next update, and by association, the next frustration.
Just enjoy the game, pick away at the achievements, and surprise yourself occasionally.
Xi

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jan 20, 18 7:54 AM
I like to work on achievements. That's why I wish they'd make more private rooms and furniture so it's possible to get the one for buying furniture and the one for using Trina's gold keys. Meanwhile, I plug away at the remaining achievements.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Jan 20, 18 9:16 AM
I still am working on geting the Achievements I do not have but ONE that would be our dear Trina I chained her to the wall in the deepest bowls of the The Special Room Hospital Wing untill she learns to play nice and stop being so greedy *** spoiled brat that she is***.
Guess she never learned the value of a because as fast as we give them to her she goes to Kaily's Fabric Shop and blows them then has the nerve to ask for MORE

On to robbing I mean gathering Gold Coins and Shards and diamonds and NOT for Trina

Randy

PetraN54
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by PetraN54 on Jan 20, 18 9:25 AM
I have played this game for a very long time, I wish I knew when I started. And I didn't care about the achievements at first. But as I started getting more and more done, they got to be more of a challenge. And I am always up for a challenge, so now I actively go after them. As was stated by Katijay, this game has something for everyone. So do what you love best, no matter if you are the only one doing it.

And most of all, have fun doing it!!!

Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Howdah on Jan 20, 18 10:29 AM
I agree that many of the achievements are not worth the effort, especially when there is a lot of effort involved for little reward. However, when I find myself close to an achievement or the next level I find myself going for it. Currently I have Magic Miser level 3, the three DQ achievements, Trina's and Gold Key, Stamp Collector First Class 3rd level, the rooms furnishings and the one for the Spring Event HOS to go. I only need 2 for the last level of the amulet challenge. I will probably get the Stamp Collector this week and possibly the amulet one, although I am not going to waste amulets just to get this, will wait until I want to use the amulets for a DQ. I expect to get the Spring Event one shortly after the event begins. The others, well, when and if they happen they happen. I do go on a kick now and then to work on Magic Miser, and when I do I try to get 500 shards a day by disenchanting excess inventory items, but I get tired of this so only do it for a few days at a time.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jan 20, 18 10:54 AM
I am working on ALL the achievements........need a goal I guess.

Go to: