Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 19, 18 12:41 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 9:28:29 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 19, 18 9:28 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Feb 1, 18 4:03 PM

I sure do miss the older style HOPA games, like Mystery Case Files: Escape From Ravenhearst, Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town, the original Phantasmat, and even some of the earlier Mystery Trackers games. There's just something about those games that were more appealing, and they were able to draw you into the story, making you want to keep playing...just a little while longer. I've often asked myself if I've simply grown tired of playing theses games after so many years. Well if that were the case, then I wouldn't find myself totally engrossed in one of those above mentioned games, as I re-play them for a second, third or sometimes even fourth time, as I often do! The answer then, is that these games just aren't as magical as the games of yesteryear! I believe the devs have become lazy and less creative lately. I found this latest MCF game to be a really good game, with excellent graphics with a somewhat creative plot, but if you compare apples to apples, The Revenant's Hunt to Return to Ravenhearst, it doesn't hold a candle to it's predecessor. I prefer the CE version over this SE version, but that's because I love the CE bling, especially the Morphing Objects.

MYSTERY CASE FILES GAMES AVAILABLE
Title***Collector's Edition Release Date***Average Rating

1-Huntsville SE only (November 14-2005) 3.7
2-Prime Suspects SE only (April 6-2006) 3.8
3-Ravenhearst SE only (December 15-2006) 3.6
4-Madame Fate SE only (November 7, 2007) 3.9
5-Return To Ravenhearst SE only (November 26-2008) 4.2
6-Dire Grove (November 25-2009) 4.7
7-13th Skull (November 25-2010) 4.4
8-Escape From Ravenhearst (November 23-2011) 3.6
9-Shadow Lake (November 20-2012) 2.6
10-Fate's Carnival (November 26-2013) 4.4
11-Dire Grove, Sacred Grove (November 25-2014) 3.6
12-Key To Ravenhearst (October 27-2015) 3.6
13-Ravenhearst Unlocked (November 24-2015) 3.5
14-Broken Hour (November 22-2016) 3.5
15-The Black Veil (March 23-2017) 3.0
16-The Revenant's Hunt (November 21-2017) 3.0

The Collector's Edition has 9 Movie Videos, 8 Wallpapers, Artwork, Case Report Files, Pieces of Alvin's Letter in the HOP's, 9 Music Videos, 14 re-playable Hidden Object Scenes, 14 re-playable Mini Games, 20 Achievements to earn, 9 Collectible Lore Cards, 16 Morphing Objects, 10 Piles of Leaves to kick, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy the Hunt!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Mar 22, 18 6:27 PM

Go to: