Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Griddlers Legend Of The Pirates here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 19, 18 12:44 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 9:26:58 AM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Griddlers Legend Of The Pirates here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jan 19, 18 3:51 AM
I might once have said that I didn't really care much about the patterns of nonogram puzzles representing some kind of picture. Bit when, as here, the patterns seem to be purely abstract in almost all cases (I did think one of them was a bird), it turns out I do feel something's missing.

It would also be nice if, like some other nonogram games, rows and lines with all the numbers filled in would automatically add the blanks.

So, not a buy. I'll replay some others of the same type instead.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Griddlers Legend Of The Pirates here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 19, 18 9:26 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Griddlers Legend Of The Pirates here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Griddlers Legend Of The Pirates.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Jan 19, 18 2:50 PM
As George said I did see a "Bird" in one. If they are not going to give us auto fill (which I can live without ) then give something else. How about real pictures and the name of them. Maybe 2 colors. These are like all the rest of these kind and probably the same puzzles if I actually looked. No buy for me even through these puzzles are my favorite thing. I did play the whole demo.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Jan 20, 18 12:12 AM
Seems like we're going backwards with this one - single color, no autofill or space counting feature, and no clue as to what the "picture" is supposed to be. I saw a few that looked a little familiar, but many others didn't look like anything I ever saw before. The description of the game claims the pictures are pirate-themed, and I think I saw a hook in one, but it would be nice if we were told the name of the item or given a clearer picture after one is filled in. On the other hand, at least through the demo, this seemed to be more logic based than some of the recent ones with multiple colors (Zodiac Griddlers, etc.). I may use a coupon on this one sometime, just because I like the genre.

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Griddlers Legend Of The Pirates here.

[Post New]by windsonged on Jan 20, 18 8:15 PM
GeorgeTSLC wrote:I might once have said that I didn't really care much about the patterns of nonogram puzzles representing some kind of picture. Bit when, as here, the patterns seem to be purely abstract in almost all cases (I did think one of them was a bird), it turns out I do feel something's missing.

The pictures are there. Go back to the point where you can pick your level. Once a level is completed, a detailed picture replaces the blank level box.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 21, 18 10:23 AM

Do you like army green? Good cause that's all ya get here. The good news is that these puzzles seem to be based upon logic, the bad news is that the puzzles are just boring. One thing I really hated was that they don't show a picture of the completed grid without the X's afterwards, or at least a title, you can see a tiny picture if you go back to the level map, but you need a really good imagination to "see" them.

There are 6 Rooms with 20 grids in each room, and there are trophies to earn, probably one for endurance lol. You can earn up to 3 Stars per grid, a star is deducted for each mistake you make, but you can replay any level.

With the coins you earn solving the griddlers, you can purchase items in the Shop, the right to make mistakes X 3, refill hints on this level or get 2 starting hints.

Bottom line is, there is nothing special about this monochrome griddler, it's not colorful, the pictures are flat and difficult to see the end result. Rainbow Mosaics and Fantasy Mosaics have this one beat hands down!

Go to: