july1277
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

checking one last time

[Post New]by july1277 on Jan 19, 18 11:34 AM
after i check my christmas room one last time i am changing it so i do not miss any gifts

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:checking one last time

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 19, 18 11:41 AM
Please consider leaving it open so others can go into the HOSs and earn additional coins.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 19, 18 11:57 AM
Not everyone is on the same time schedule... some people have busy lives.. and some have more than one game making it impossible to get to EVERY room in the first two hours....

Bemused123
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Jan 19, 18 11:58 AM
I am leaving my room opened. I have put a message where the room name can be asking "no pink boxes please" as I will not check again. I would not like my friends to waste a pink box but I would not like them to miss out on the goodies from my room either.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jan 19, 18 12:00 PM
I just can't get all the HOSs done in one sitting and have to spread them out throughout the day. So I urge everyone to leave their Christmas Rooms up until the event is officially over.

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Jan 19, 18 12:12 PM
I also urge everyone to leave Christmas room 2 open. I was still searching them when friends started switching to the spring room.

There may also be friends who are only a few gifts from Mrs. Claus. It would be a shame if they couldn't finish.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

checking one last time

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 19, 18 3:56 PM
july1277 wrote:after i check my christmas room one last time i am changing it so i do not miss any gifts
Here's a thought on your reasoning.....

IF you do not enter your Christmas Room 2 again before the end of the event .... you MIGHT miss a gift that someone MIGHT have given you........

IF you change to another room ..... you MIGHT miss a gift that someone MIGHT have given you........but were unable to gift you because your room was closed.

HOWEVER.......IF you change from your Christmas Room 2 .....every one of your friends who have not had a chance to visit that room because of time constraints WILL DEFINITELY BE unable to get an additional 750 coins AND will be unable to give you that gift that you MIGHT miss.

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Jan 19, 18 4:08 PM
Why change back to another room right away? People are on different time zones, and is was very frustrating when I only had alittle time left on working the Christmas rooms and had to skip thru the ones who changed back. Just why?

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jan 19, 18 4:16 PM
My event is over so I have changed the rooms. At 10:59 am on Saturday 20/01/18 I had finished all the HOS, came out of the rooms and a message popped up. Gift Event is over, all good things must come to an end (or words to that effect) Click ok. I did that game restarted and all the Christmas stuff was gone. John had his man cave and I couldn't leave anything for anyone. It is now 11:20 am.

Edited to add many of my friends had already changed back to their spring room and I do recall doing a check with a friend of mine in a different time zone to me. We both were showing the same amount of time left on our time clock for the end,

Interesting to know how many others have had their event end.

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 4:18:19 PM PST

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Jan 19, 18 4:39 PM
Love_rnr wrote:Why change back to another room right away? People are on different time zones, and is was very frustrating when I only had alittle time left on working the Christmas rooms and had to skip thru the ones who changed back. Just why?

Does not matter about time zones.. gameday is the same for everybody.

For me the new gameday start in the night when I should be sleeping and IF I was to stop playing and go to bed like a normal person.. it would be a waist of gifts if I left my christmasroom open.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 19, 18 4:44 PM
AnnaDownes01 wrote:My event is over so I have changed the rooms. At 10:59 am on Saturday 20/01/18 I had finished all the HOS, came out of the rooms and a message popped up. Gift Event is over, all good things must come to an end (or words to that effect) Click ok. I did that game restarted and all the Christmas stuff was gone. John had his man cave and I couldn't leave anything for anyone. It is now 11:20 am.

Edited to add many of my friends had already changed back to their spring room and I do recall doing a check with a friend of mine in a different time zone to me. We both were showing the same amount of time left on our time clock for the end,

Interesting to know how many others have had their event end.

It ended at the same time for everybody, midnight GMT.

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Jan 19, 18 4:53 PM
Although the winter event has ended, leaving the Christmas room open until the next event makes the most sense. There is a real possibility the developer will give us a different room for Spring just as we were given a new Christmas room. If your computer dies, your old ID will have the Christmas room open with all its bounty for next year. With all the programming that went into Christmas room 2, there is less likelihood that the developer will replace it than there is that the Spring room will be replaced.

july1277
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by july1277 on Jan 19, 18 11:13 PM
If I had WiFi at home I would have left my room open, but I don't so I didn't

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Jan 20, 18 4:42 PM
After WE ended I changed to my private room. Spring room I am going to open when spring has arrived.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jan 20, 18 5:56 PM
HennyMarie wrote:
For me the new gameday start in the night when I should be sleeping and IF I was to stop playing and go to bed like a normal person.. it would be a waist of gifts if I left my christmasroom open.

AEG already explained the chances of missing a gift versus the surety of friends not being able to play the Christmas HOSs, so I won't repeat it here.

But for me, I couldn't play all my friends' HOSs in one sitting. So I spread my playing around a 24-hour period. Some friends changed their rooms while I was still playing the HOSs, so I missed out on some much needed coins.

There were a few posts here about when players were going to leave their last gifts to make sure they were picked up, so leaving the Christmas Room open until the end of the event would have been nice for players who still had rooms to play.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jan 22, 18 12:23 PM
When I played my Android game, I missed out on the achievement because players closed their Christmas room before the event ended. I needed to gift just 25 more times and instead I had to wait another year to complete the achievement. Which I didn’t because I no longer play my Android game. The message I’m trying to send to players is to be considerate of other players and leave your Christmas room open as long as the event is running.

Go to: