Darlene1225
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

WHAT TO DO WITH CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS

[Post New]by Darlene1225 on Jan 19, 18 1:57 PM

WHAT IS THE BEST THING TO DO WITH CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS LEAVE THEM ALONE OR TRADE THEM FOR WANDS OR GIFT BOXES?

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 3:06:50 PM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:WHAT TO DO WITH FLOWERS

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jan 19, 18 2:04 PM
Darlene, what flowers do you mean? The only things we can trade for wands & gift boxes are the decorations (wreaths, candy canes, stars, etc).

If you do mean those, wands will probably be needed next year, so if you don't have many left, that might be the "best value" trade. They're tough to get when the event has just started.

Darlene1225
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Re:WHAT TO DO WITH FLOWERS

[Post New]by Darlene1225 on Jan 19, 18 3:09 PM
Desertdruid wrote:Darlene, what flowers do you mean? The only things we can trade for wands & gift boxes are the decorations (wreaths, candy canes, stars, etc).

If you do mean those, wands will probably be needed next year, so if you don't have many left, that might be the "best value" trade. They're tough to get when the event has just started.

SORRY I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKIN I MEANT THE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS BY THE CHILDREN SORRY....

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:WHAT TO DO WITH CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jan 19, 18 3:22 PM
I thought so.
Having just counted how many wands I needed to complete the collection (798), I think trading for a good stash of wands would be wise.
Then once you feel your supply is enough to get you going, some gift boxes to start next year's collection.
Any after that, I'd keep for a rainy day when you really, really need coins.

Hope that helps.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 19, 18 3:40 PM
I will keep about 200 of each decoration ... planning for DQs for next year.
The fox's brush, bird's trill, and turkey feather -- will keep about 100 of each

I already have about 400 wands (from all the Christmas HOS visits after I got all the flying objects and did CC), so I will not be trading for any extra wands.

The decorations above the 200 count -- I traded for Gift for a Friend boxes -- WoW got a bunch!

The excess FB, BT, and TF -- Since they were 15 coins each -- I sold them

Christmas Cards -- Will keep about 125 of each kind ..... because they are worth 3 shards each but only 10 coins -- I disenchanted the excess.

Santa Medallions and Snowflakes are worth 10 coins / 1 shard each ..... I will probably hold on to all of them as possible disenchants for shards to give to Trina.

Hope this helps.

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 3:41:02 PM PST

Darlene1225
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Darlene1225 on Jan 19, 18 4:18 PM
THANK YOU ANNELLIEGREEN AND DESERTDRUID YOU BOTH ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS I APPRECIATE YOU BOTH TAKING THE TIME. YOU WERE SO DETAILED. HOPE I CAN HELP YOU BOTH AT SOME TIME BUT I THINK YOU REALLY CAN'T HELP THE EXPERTS TO MUCH.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jan 19, 18 4:42 PM
Darlene1225 wrote: THANK YOU ANNELLIEGREEN AND DESERTDRUID YOU BOTH ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS I APPRECIATE YOU BOTH TAKING THE TIME. YOU WERE SO DETAILED. HOPE I CAN HELP YOU BOTH AT SOME TIME BUT I THINK YOU REALLY CAN'T HELP THE EXPERTS TO MUCH.

I wonder why Darlene1225 uses all caps? Makes it hard to read and thought it meant the person is shouting!?

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Jan 19, 18 4:55 PM
Sweden , we have several people with bad eyesight and the only way they can see what they or other post is to use Caps . They are not shouting I sometime use caps for emphasis . I hope you will understand .

PetraN54
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by PetraN54 on Jan 19, 18 6:00 PM
Arizona63Tucson wrote:Sweden , we have several people with bad eyesight and the only way they can see what they or other post is to use Caps . They are not shouting I sometime use caps for emphasis . I hope you will understand .

Thank you, I was wondering also. And that makes perfect sense.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 19, 18 7:19 PM
Darlene1225 wrote: THANK YOU ANNELLIEGREEN AND DESERTDRUID YOU BOTH ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS I APPRECIATE YOU BOTH TAKING THE TIME. YOU WERE SO DETAILED. HOPE I CAN HELP YOU BOTH AT SOME TIME BUT I THINK YOU REALLY CAN'T HELP THE EXPERTS TO MUCH.
Ah, sooooooo not true, Darlene .......we need all the help we can get!

Edited on 01/20/2018 at 1:27:28 PM PST

Darlene1225
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Darlene1225 on Jan 19, 18 7:53 PM
Sorry about the capital letters, I left my glasses by my daughters house and the other pair I have are old and a different prescription. My daughter is bringing my glasses over tomorrow. I would never shout at anyone especially my friends

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Jan 19, 18 8:03 PM
Don't worry about it and no need to apologize , it's like I said we have others that have to use caps or the large size letters to see . If you see better using caps or large then by all means do so . Never apologize for doing what you need to do .

Darlene1225
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Darlene1225 on Jan 19, 18 8:06 PM
PetraN54 wrote:
Arizona63Tucson wrote:Sweden , we have several people with bad eyesight and the only way they can see what they or other post is to use Caps . They are not shouting I sometime use caps for emphasis . I hope you will understand .

Thank you, I was wondering also. And that makes perfect sense.

PetraN54 Thank you for understanding, I had cataract surgery not to long ago, my eyes are very dry, the cataract surgery made it even worse so I'm back to 5 times a day eye drops and glasses..... Thanks again I'm going to take a few days off from the forum till I get my glasses.

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 8:41:04 PM PST

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jan 20, 18 7:45 AM
Everyone does something a bit different.

Wands-keeping all of them
Decorations-traded all except 10 of each for pink boxes for next year
Christmas cards, fox's brush, bird's trill, and turkey feather: keeping 50 of each of those.
Snowflakes and Santa Medallions-keeping 100 of those

Everything above the amounts indicated will be disenchanted for Trina. I don't need gold, so shards it is.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Go to: