Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Spirits of Mystery: The Last Fire Queen Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 20, 18 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/20/2018 at 10:36:23 AM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirits of Mystery: The Last Fire Queen Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 20, 18 4:26 AM
This was the last game I beta tested. I replayed the beta test a few days ago and I still liked it. The nanny is scary looking. It's full of suspense. It's a yes for me.

This game is fiction, not real life. I'm not hung up on it being real to life. It's a game!

Edited on 01/26/2018 at 4:45:18 PM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirits of Mystery: The Last Fire Queen Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by nanafraser on Jan 20, 18 5:10 AM
Its your typical style "Spirits of Mystery" kinda game. If you know these Devs you know where or what to do next! Its kinda fairytale/Creepy lol Some of the mini games are simple others not so much, Saying that cause I don't care for mini games! & theirs lots! It may be tough for new ones. Thank goodness for quick hints & skips! I think fishes will like this game. I could be wrong. you never know what fishes like!
2 twins have been separate at birth, after 25yrs they try to find each other,
to save the fire kingdom! But the search is full of obstacles have to hand it to Devs coming up w/ this!
What I like about game is spider webs she clears them w/ her hand. Never understood how other games, someones life at stake & they have to find something to clear away webs! Am I the only one it bothers?
Things that bug me about game. Hint shows not what can be done but what can be done! The match 3 is sluggish, try to move something in place & it takes a few try's & I'm pretty good at this normally, but I get defeated because of the sluggish response! I uselessly skip it cause it irritates me!

Edited on 01/22/2018 at 5:55:45 AM PST

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirits of Mystery: The Last Fire Queen Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Jan 20, 18 7:26 AM
I have other games in this series and enjoyed them. The graphics at great, although dark. Story is interesting about the twins. Just couldn't get into characters.

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirits of Mystery: The Last Fire Queen Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jan 20, 18 7:41 AM
I betaed this one, and remember having a lot of issues with it, some of which have been fixed, including mini-games with little or no coherent information, which at least you can understand now. Let's start with a 25 year old princess, taken just after her birth to a monastery, where she falls into a deep sleep, only to wake 25 years later, when her twin, Sybill (sp.?), has somehow been abducted, the both of them separated at birth. Fara has the amazing ability to speak language, comprehend her surroundings, read, solve problems, and perhaps as amazing, walk, after 25 years of being in the same position, asleep. No rehab for our princess. While the game makes more sense than in the beta version, I didn't like it enough to continue beyond the 23 minutes I gave the demo: I didn't like the premise, I didn't like the graphics, I thought the headdress on the nanny absolutely ridiculous, the snowstorm she couldn't see through mini-game looked endless in trying to figure out how to move forward without having to replenish the flame, etc., and the mini-game with the knights was very clunky to play. No, no, no. Ultimately, I was stuck on the amazing princess who could speak, read, walk and recognize all kinds of things she'd never seen before. Just, no.

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Jan 20, 18 8:29 AM
a short review I LOVE THIS GAME. (ERS) AMAX are great developers. my favorite.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Jan 20, 18 10:02 AM
Less silly and boring than the last several games, however it's still the same monotonous storyline. I cannot make myself say plot, storyline will have to suffice. The graphics and colors were okay.

All in all it's another cookie cutter game and I won't be buying it. Same type of puzzles, same big shadow head or talking skull with glowing eyes..seriously I cannot find these things frightening or disturbing anymore.

And what's up with the weird ridiculous totem spool stuck with knitting needles and bandaged onto Nanny's head?! That was strange, laughingly so.

Another NO BUY for me! I will give this two and one/half stars for being less silly and boring than the others.

1/2
Abs (A member from the very beginning but seriously considering dropping my membership for good)

Edited on 01/20/2018 at 10:03:26 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 20, 18 10:36 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Spirits of Mystery: The Last Fire Queen Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Spirits of Mystery: The Last Fire Queen Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 20, 18 12:31 PM

I know it's just a game, but I have a problem with the story line on so many different levels. First of all, the King and Queen give birth to twin girls, and ONE of the precious little infants supposedly has the mark of a curse near her tiny little heart. Does the King and Queen defy all odds and agree to love and raise their children the same, even though the one has a birthmark? Do they put aside their superstitions and agree that only a parents love can overcome any evil their child MAY have? Nope! They give away BOTH children, one condemned to a life of imprisonment under a frozen lake, the other to be raised hush hush by a nanny? (who obviously doesn't do a good job) Fast forward 25 years and surprise! Both children are suffering, and must find a way to reunite. Could be a happy ending, who knows, but how is it that a newborn baby was comatose for the first 25 years of her life, yet the moment she snaps to, she can walk, talk and reason?

Even though I'm not all that crazy about the "message" Amax is sending on this game, I will still give them kudos for the amazing progress they are making. The graphics have improved significantly since the big eared bunny retired, and they are obviously making an effort to find new and improved CE bling. Even if you don't like the collectibles and features, you must admit that Amax puts on their thinking caps with each new game offered, which is 100% more than I see effort wise coming from other developers lately, am I wrong? Although the collectible Spells don't do a lot for me, it's simply because I'm not impressed with the battle type Match 3 games they are designed for, and because I want to play Mini Games and Puzzles in a HOPA game, if I want to play a Match 3 game, I'll buy a Match 3 game.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 20, 18 2:43 PM
not really liking this game - not enough CE "extras" to warrant even the 1/2 price - only 12 statues to find ?? where's all the other stuff to look for in the scenes - morph items, other collectibles ? That is one of the main reasons I like these games - for all the extra things to look for in the scenes.

It seems that more and more of the developers are putting less & less "extra" things into their CE releases.

My own taste on this one - if the demo of the game does not "grab" me within the 1st 10 to 15 minutes - I usually don't buy - or if I end up buying just for the sake of having a new game, I'm slogging thru the game because I don't want to waste my money. I'm still slogging through 1 that I bought about a month ago - just can't really get into that one either.

sha49tn1
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by sha49tn1 on Jan 20, 18 3:29 PM
As much as I like the Spirits of Mystery series, this one just isn't as good as the others. The Moon Crystal one wasn't as good either, but this one is a little worse. Too much darkness to suit me. Plus, if she slept the first 25 years of her life, how could she even read? I won't waste my time, or money on this one.

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirits of Mystery: The Last Fire Queen Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Jan 20, 18 8:17 PM
MissAbby wrote:Less silly and boring than the last several games, however it's still the same monotonous storyline. I cannot make myself say plot, storyline will have to suffice. The graphics and colors were okay.

All in all it's another cookie cutter game and I won't be buying it. Same type of puzzles, same big shadow head or talking skull with glowing eyes..seriously I cannot find these things frightening or disturbing anymore.

And what's up with the weird ridiculous totem spool stuck with knitting needles and bandaged onto Nanny's head?! That was strange, laughingly so.

Another NO BUY for me! I will give this two and one/half stars for being less silly and boring than the others.

1/2
Abs (A member from the very beginning but seriously considering dropping my membership for good)

I agree wholeheartedly. The stories are all the same & I am so bored with them. Have been looking around for other games websites.

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Jan 21, 18 7:38 PM
The graphics are excellent. I do not care about the story line. What I care about are the game dynamics and the excess of numerous puzzles, some of which you cannot skip. I had a problem getting the skeleton in the proper position and looked at the guide. The picture in the guide did not look like the one next to the skeleton. This should have had a skip and did not. I don't care to be bothered with all of this nonsense having to keep moving a dumb skeleton in a proper position. Also, too much of your time is spent with puzzles....and in some of those that you cannot skip, the hint was utterly useless.

I found some of this game difficult, probably because of the puzzles, but do not feel it is player friendly (particularly not for a beginner) and it really became a pain to keep playing it. It was not enjoyable, which is disappointing because the graphics create an appealing atmosphere. One of the hos where the skulls eyes light up as you find items was very difficult to see....eye strain, to say the least. And once again...very few hos...think there were only 2 in this demo. I lost count of all the puzzles.

From this short demo, I feel exhausted and do not think this is a CE worthy game at all. It's getting to be the same story that there are just too many mini game/puzzles...not enough hos...and I simply will not spend my time or money on them.

I will wait for a release of the SE so I can look at a walkthrough to see what you are in for in the remainder of yet another disappointing game.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 22, 18 7:08 AM
What is going on with developers today? This is another wash and repeat. This use to be my favorite game maker...before it changed.But, it doesn't seem to matter what maker of the game. They're all the same story line and graphics.

What's with the black & white opening, in the cut scene in this game? You cutting cost more? I understand I'm getting older by the day...but is it me or are these games becoming more immature by the moment? I used to buy ever game that was released. And now I find it hard to buy any. Why?

These day's the only thing you have to do, it buy one game and it's all the same now. I'm so grateful I came in time to , when they made great games. But, even now that they have changed windows...so many older great games can't be played on windows 10. Some of the great games need to be updated. I would rather play them. Like my favorite series"Drawn". To this day it still has some of the best graphics and story lines.

I own all of the other games in this series, but I'll pass on this CE and only get the SE if my game coupon it about to expire and I can't find another game. And yes, it seems they're are cutting out more in the extras. So, I'll cut my wallet also.

Still hoping for great games...but time is fading and so is my interest.
Enjoy this game to those who like this it. And to those of us that feel this way., let's reminisce about the older games and the good ole days. Lisa

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jan 23, 18 1:52 PM
About all I found to like about this demo was some of the graphics (the owl or baby griffin or whatever it is you feed berries to is really cute, the evil giant inspires sufficient dismay, etc.), as well as one HOP & one mini-game. There are only two HOPs I distinctly recall (there could be more I've forgotten), & the one where you place items in the scene was too easy for my taste. The majority of the mini-games were varieties I don't enjoy, though I did enjoy solving (SPOILER ALERT) a fairly large vertical jigsaw puzzle that requires you to pan up & down to insert the pieces (they don't need to be rotated, so that kept it from tipping over into the annoying category for me). The storyline, as others have pointed out, is ???, as is New Age Nanny's half mummy, half pincushion headdress, but I could overlook those things if the gameplay had been more to my liking. Lastly, the collectibles in this game are virtually nonexistent, & no attempt whatsoever is made to make them at all challenging to find; they're just sitting/lying there in plain view. If I liked the gameplay better, I'd revisit this as an SE, but as it stands, I'm not motivated to do that. To all who find this game more to their liking, enjoy.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 23, 18 4:14 PM
So, I was taken as a newborn, and placed in a monastery where I immediately fell asleep and stayed asleep for 25 years? And yet, I awoke able to understand language, and speak with an extensive vocabulary, and walk and understand what books and locks were, etc.,etc., without anyone's help?

Sometimes, I just can't. Just...no.

Athenatoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Athenatoo on Jan 25, 18 11:19 AM
The technical aspects of the game are fine (art, music, hints, etc.) but whoever is writing the text clearly does NOT speak English. This grew progressively worse as I played the bonus game. (I need some pruner??????) Some of the so-called "helpful texts" were English words strung together with no meaning . If you are going to sell games to an English-speaking audience, then for heaven's sake, PROOFREAD. I am playing a game, not devoting time to trying to understand illiterate texts.

txpeach100
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by txpeach100 on Feb 1, 18 6:03 AM
Athenatoo wrote:The technical aspects of the game are fine (art, music, hints, etc.) but whoever is writing the text clearly does NOT speak English. This grew progressively worse as I played the bonus game. (I need some pruner??????) Some of the so-called "helpful texts" were English words strung together with no meaning . If you are going to sell games to an English-speaking audience, then for heaven's sake, PROOFREAD. I am playing a game, not devoting time to trying to understand illiterate texts.

I wholeheartedly agree! The bonus game drove me crazy with the "I need some" hints like I need some hammer. Aargh!

lamp_post
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by lamp_post on Feb 4, 18 4:56 PM
Hi,
I just finished playing the entire game and I have to say I have no idea what I did or what went on in this game. I got the story line, the graphics are great...but the rest was very confusing. I will play the game again to see if I can understand what I am suppose to do and or use from my inventory. The English language they used added to my confusion. Also, I did not care for the match 3. I feel that there were too many of them and they were boring. I have all of the Spirits of Mystery games, but this one I feel is lacking. I am sorry because I do not like giving negative reviews, but lately the games from BF are not what they use to be...just my opinion.

Enjoy and have a great day

lordofys
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lordofys on Feb 5, 18 8:46 PM
This is one very buggy game. In one of the early HO's, the one with runes under the objects, the last rune would not respond to my mouse click. I had to exit the scene and reenter it. Then the game (and my computer) froze during one of the ring puzzles. Later when I would click on an object, I'd get "I need some.." Should have been "I need a..." or "I need an..." Also misspelled word in an HO list. I could not figure out what a "strow" was. It should have been "straw." All this should have been fixed in Beta. I did finish the game. But then all I could do was shake my head.

Go to: