Posts created by bachlein

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition on May 23, 11 11:50 AM
I like to know how many chapters are in a game before I buy it, especially if I have already played the trial. I'm sometimes almost done with a game...and am unhappy when I only have a short time left after I buy it. Thanks

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition on May 23, 11 11:50 AM
I like to know how many chapters are in a game before I buy it, especially if I have already played the trial. I'm sometimes almost done with a game...and am unhappy when I only have a short time left after I buy it. Thanks

posted in Atlantis Evolution on May 1, 11 1:18 PM
I absolutely CANNOT do this! I was hoping that it would take pity on me and get easier, but of course not!! Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way around it...to get the crystal? Thanks for all the help everyone!

posted in Atlantis Evolution on Apr 15, 11 1:04 PM
I'm having the same problem. I have both the long stick and the half owl face, but I am not able to talk to the lizard.

posted in Atlantis Evolution on Apr 15, 11 12:51 PM
The forest is so confusing. They "kill" me or whatever it is they do...so when I wake up again, I don't have a clue where I am. I have both the long stick and half an owl face, but I don't know where to go from here. Insturctions say to click forward, but that's not as easy as it sounds...sometimes in the new scene, forward is left or right (ish). I sure hope the rest of this game isn't like this. I'll never finish it. It's just too inane. Okay, got through that...now the lizard in the crab cave will not talk to me...or rather, I am not able to talk to him.

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life on Jan 24, 11 4:50 PM
That's the whole point...I can't do ANYTHING!! The police will not let me get near the fishing pole, near the package, near the customs office. When I get close to the customs office they say to "stop poking around." The two officers just stand there across from the Count. I cannot have anymore conversations with any of them.....well, I ended up just loading the game I had saved before I captured the man with the eye patch. Then for some unexplicable reason, after talking to the policemen, they left and let me get on with the game.

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life on Jan 24, 11 11:28 AM
I have given the count his meds...and been to the cemetary. The 2 policemen in their office won't leave and I can't get to the parcel. Also, if I give the canned meat to the dog, I can't do anything, and can't get back on the yacht to get more canned meat.

Yes, I thought this game was a TOTAL RIP OFF, too. I would have thought so even if had cost only the traditional $6.99. After having played such WONDERFUL games that are the Mystery Case Files, this one was TERRIBLE! There were all sorts of possibilities here, but the creaters didn't follow up on many of them. The puzzles were too easy, there was no coherent story line to follow. (You found something and you had NO idea where to go to use it.) The bonus????? Well, what a farce!!!!!!!! The music was irritating...so repetitive and inane. I did NOT like this game. And the "built in" stratagy guide? Well, I would prefer that we get hints, if we need them, to work on the puzzles. The guide itself was cumbersome to use. You had no idea what chapter you were in and had to guess, then leaf through to find where you are to see how to do something. THEN, if you wanted to look at it again, you had to leaf through all over again. I would rather have games with more content and no strategy guides. I can always get out of the game and go to the walkthrough at Big Fish.

posted in Mystery of Mortlake Mansion on Dec 20, 10 4:05 PM
I cannot get the second web puzzle. Looked at the w.t., but the picture doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I see the web as the "guy" gives it to me, but I can't seem how to get that into the configureation that is in the inset. Is there a video anywhere? I, too LOVE this game. The puzzles are fun and the **** part is certainly easy enough.

posted in Mystery of Mortlake Mansion on Dec 20, 10 4:03 PM
I cannot get the second web puzzle. Looked at the w.t., but the picture doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I see the web as the "guy" gives it to me, but I can't seem how to get that into the configureation that is in the inset. Is there a video anywhere? I, too LOVE this game. The puzzles are fun and the **** part is certainly easy enough.

I must say, that I wasn't really impressed with this game. Sure it was fun, but not NEARLY as good as Return to Ravenhurst, or Dire Grove. Did anyone else catch Rachael Ray as cook in the crew log in the Bonus play?

I nearly fell off my chair laughing when Cooter farted...and then said, "smells a little like gumbo!"
And one chick in the bar bathroom says, "It didn't look like that going in." What a hoot!!

Did anyone help you lovetoseek? I have 3 keys, too, and can't (for the life of me) figure out where the 4th one is. (I presume these are the keys to the gate into the cemetery.)

posted in Ghost in the Sheet on Nov 25, 10 8:49 AM
LLLLOOOOOVVVED this game! I'm a huge Myst/Riven/Rhem fan, and this game reminded me a little of those. Yes, there's a lot of wandering around to figure out what needs doing, and HOW to do it!! But that's the point. I had to FIGURE it out. (I must admit I kept my Gameboomers walkthrough near at hand--just in case, but mostly got it all on my own.) Yes, this one is a little cheesy, but that's part of the fun of it. It makes me happy when it takes me more that a couple hours or a day to play a game. This one took me about 6 days. Are there any suggestions from Fishies out there for similar games on BF? (I've already played all the Carol Reed ones...loved them, too.) (There IS a Carol Reed game that isn't on BF. Tried to "lobby" for it, but got nowhere.)

posted in Ghost in the Sheet on Nov 20, 10 2:08 PM
I put the gas can on the conveyor belt...then did some other stuff and now I'm back in Hall B and the gas can has disappeared. (I have the slot to the left of the on/off switch open, though) Oh, NOW I see what that slot to the left is. What a doofus I am!!

posted in Veronica Rivers: Portals to the Unknown ™ on Nov 15, 10 8:50 AM
It knew who I was too. Curious. I wonder if it because I had bought the other Veronica Rivers game???? Otherwise, it's a little creepy!!

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town on Nov 5, 10 2:29 PM
I liked this game a lot. The HOGs were good...a few difficult things to find, but all were correctly labeled. (I like it when bat/bat and fan/fan, etc. make it a little more challenging.) The mini puzzles were fun. They run the gamet of totally easy to requiring a lot more thought. The scenery was nice...good variety of "locations"; music wasn't too irritating. Some have said they didn't like the end. Well, for me "the play's the THING." Also, I like it when a game takes me into (at least) the second day of playing. This one fit the bill. (Oh, yes, and all the cat eyes looking out at me from all sorts of places. FUN.) A DEFINITE RECOMMENDATION!

posted in Delaware St. John: The Seacliff Tragedy on Oct 31, 10 8:23 AM
I really liked this game. Yes, you stumble around in the dark and there lots of locked doors, but that's part of the fun of it...to figure out WHERE you are and HOW to get into those locked places. This game took me several days to play and I was really happy about that. I was tired of HOG games that are just "eh" and can be solved in a couple of hours (...this does not include MCF games. I think they're wonderful).! I had to really think about things in this game...and look CLOSELY for things to pick up. True, it's a little slow, but it had surprises. This game is well worth the price!

posted in Delaware St. John: The Seacliff Tragedy on Oct 29, 10 9:00 AM
I saved my game at the lockers just before he looks at the map. This way I could go back there and start the "cycle" all over again (when I messed up). If you do this, the Xs will show up again. I also found that if I clicked on the places on the maps there the Xs and ?s show up, I could move forward. Took me several tries, but I did make it into the Tunnel of Terror!! Also, I think you need to go to the places as directly as possible, but that may not be the case. THERE ARE 2 MAPS AT THE CAROUSEL. Be sure to look at the one just at the right after facing the carousel. (The Ferris Wheel is in the background.)

I just finished this game. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best, I'd rate this a 7.5 or 8. I like it when games have a "?" at the puzzles, so that you know the directions. Some of the puzzles were really easy, but very hard to figure out...and I had to look at the "guide" which nearly told me how to do it...not WHAT I needed to do. I recently played "Drawn ark Flight" and I thought IT was much better than this game. (AND it wasn't a C.E.) I think this game would benefit from an ability to go to the map and transport to another location. I didn't like that I had to go from the first floor TO THE BASEMENT to take an elevator to get to the second floor!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator