Posts created by nivlem007

posted in Green City 2 on May 22, 13 12:12 PM
If my memory serves me well, I believe you have to destroy the house on the bottom left. It is the only place a cottage fits. Hope it helps.

posted in Royal Settlement 1450 on Apr 19, 13 10:35 AM
may_be_uk wrote:I tried downloading but there was a problem when directx tried to install. I already have a recent edition of directx already installed on my computer. There appears to be a security issue with the directx installation.

I got a big RED pop up from Malware. I allowed it and then found I had an earlier version of Direct X, so I do not see the need for this to happen? It could be the game was made before the updated Direct X?

posted in Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches on Mar 24, 13 4:02 PM
Further to my previous review - I have reached level 34 and I think this is the worst so far. You need money to get more time and time to get more money. It makes no sense to me. I do not think this one is possible to get a gold on, but I would loved to hear from anyone who does...I still think it is a very good game and worth the money. You do have to think and plan ahead. please let me now if any fishes hit gold on level 34.
Thanks, and great gaming

posted in Phenomenon: Meteorite Collector's Edition on Mar 24, 13 2:04 AM
I don't usually buy CCs but reading the first two reviews here today and so early, I am downloading and because of the sale that ends today I will most likely buy it. It is really great to read such great reviews especially the first one who only tried it for 18 minutes.
Thanks fellow fishes.

posted in Phenomenon: Meteorite Collector's Edition on Mar 24, 13 2:00 AM
Yesterday's game I left downloading, returned home nearly 2 hours later and only about 18% had downloaded and I gave up. This one today is at 14% after a few minutes so hopefully it will be downloaded by the time I come back. But I have noticed the downloads are getting worse. I used to be able to download in a few minutes and some were so fast it amazed me but lately it has been so slow and I have quite fast BB as I am very near the tower B.T. uses. Maybe too many of us doing it all at the same time?.

posted in Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones on Mar 22, 13 4:36 PM
It would be a great help to us if you would have a walk through at the beginning. If not available at least you could give us some idea of how many levels there are. In the past I have bought a game before any reviews and found that it is very short and after the hour is up and I have bought the game I find I am playing less than the hour trial and that is not good value for money. In fact two I bought I finished very quickly and I would prefer a much longer game for the money, unless you start charging less for shorter games? Now there's an idea, lol, and I am sure most of the fishes in the pond would say the same. I will try the game and wait for either the walk through or the reviews from fishes that have played the whole game.

posted in Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches on Mar 22, 13 4:17 PM
I found this game very interesting and a mixture of most of the builder games I have played. So far I have gold on all except 2 but I am only up to level 15. Plays well, but have to click right on the spot to collect most items from the sheds. What I do not understand is that some levels I get gold and some show a ribbon and have not worked out what that means. I like the idea that you can upgrade three times in the early levels and not have to wait till you are about half way through or further. The speed ups are really fast and at times it is hard to keep up with the production one, but what fun it is to play even as an oldie who loves a challenge and this certainly is that. Great game, Great fun and I bought it yesterday which I should have waited for today when they are offering 50% off all games. Never mind still worth the full price.

posted in Outta This Kingdom on Mar 6, 13 2:29 PM
I thought this was a good game. Different from the usual management games, but it is very annoying to be told every little thing and the dialogue cannot be skipped only clicked through. If it wasn't for all the talking I would buy this as I did enjoy the game play. Such a shame they have to ruin a potentially good game.

posted in Amaranthine Voyage: The Tree of Life on Mar 3, 13 12:55 PM
I am with a slow provider in England called SKY and this games still downloaded quite quick, but would have been quicker with good old BT. I find when the USA sleeps I get faster Broad band. No problem here.

posted in Time Mysteries: The Final Enigma on Feb 16, 13 12:35 PM
I have found that most of these games mediocre but this one is the *best* one I have played and a definite buy. Keeps your interest.

posted in Time Mysteries: The Final Enigma on Feb 16, 13 12:15 PM
yowzasma wrote:I also posted this in thread "Dials Won't Turn"

I was really enjoying this demo untill I got to "calerbrate the Time Machine..I got all settings correct and nothing happened except the gears in upper right kept turning
....I backed out and checked the Walkthrough and everything was as it should be..I also had to hit the skip button because I was wasting my Demo time. I spent quite a bit of time because I very rarely use 'skip' on any mini game and I only have 12 minutes on demo left, not enough time to uninstall-reinstall.
Seems to be a very good game and I have the first 2 of this series and enjoyed them and was getting ready to click the buy button but will wait and see if Devs fix.

I did not have any trouble with the dials once I put everything in it's place. I finished the demo without any problems. certainly a buy for me.

posted in Meridian: Age of Invention on Feb 7, 13 1:04 PM
nivlem007 wrote:As nearly everyone in this forum is complaining about the Slow clicking, is there going to be an update - Very Soon - then I would find it a buy. I got frustrated and if it had been on a disc I think it would have been thrown in the bin. Otherwise it is a very different management game and fun to play if the controls were more responsive. I will try and play it as Administrator and see what happens, but if no improvement I will be asking for a refund. So developers pull your finger out and get your act together and make this game playable without having to click and click and click........It gets boring, frustrating and Bl***dy annoying. Thank you, I hope????
As I went ahead and bought this game I have found that if you click the tent not the icon, same with house for letter, it will come up and it will click once to pick up food and as long as you have the available person to deliver the item it will be easier and less frustrating.

posted in Cursed Fates: The Headless Horseman on Feb 7, 13 4:55 AM
I finished demo with time to spare but looking at walk through it seems a long game. I used nearly all the items right away. Only one point had three objects. there is a lot to think about with this and lots of items you may not notice at first and it takes some thinking which to me makes the game interesting. I will buy this as I thought it was something to get to grips with and not too hard, not too easy. Have fun!

posted in Meridian: Age of Invention on Feb 6, 13 2:56 PM
there is a place to mine and it look as a house/tent. it took me a while to find it and after shouting at it a few times (lol) I found it and had no problem. If I remember it is on the right side near top, but don't hold me to it as I forget very easily, age you know. LOL Have fun.

posted in Meridian: Age of Invention on Feb 6, 13 2:53 PM
I had no trouble with the cart. It came down and level ended. As far as finding out about the ore I skipped the hints, but had to read them after a couple of rounds. It really does help and they tell you where to get things and how to get them.

posted in Meridian: Age of Invention on Feb 6, 13 2:51 PM
As nearly everyone in this forum is complaining about the Slow clicking, is there going to be an update - Very Soon - then I would find it a buy. I got frustrated and if it had been on a disc I think it would have been thrown in the bin. Otherwise it is a very different management game and fun to play if the controls were more responsive. I will try and play it as Administrator and see what happens, but if no improvement I will be asking for a refund. So developers pull your finger out and get your act together and make this game playable without having to click and click and click........It gets boring, frustrating and Bl***dy annoying. Thank you, I hope????

posted in New Yankee in King Arthur's Court 2 on Feb 2, 13 2:03 PM
Like the rest of you I bought the first one and found it fun. But I wonder why these new games seem to make the timer go too fast? Or is it just me? All the games I have tried or bought seem to make the goals for gold nearly impossible an it takes all the fun out of the games.

posted in Royal Defense on Feb 1, 13 11:38 AM
I think the Moderator is a spoil sport. He should be removed so we can see the link for a walk through, it is needed as this is a very weird game and some tips would be helpful.

posted in The Lake House: Children of Silence on Jan 23, 13 2:27 PM
woodspinner wrote:"have finished the game, really good, but I really don't think you need a walkthrough though."

Disagree. As has been said many times, one of the main advantages of a walkthrough is showing how long the game is. That is an important criteria for me. Going to the site which shall not be named gets me to a walkthrough. Measuring the side scroll bar and dividing by how far into the game the demo ends shows the demo is 20% of the game. So this is a nice long game and a definite buy. Which I wouldn't have done if not for the walkthrough.

Same here. Thanks for the info on the length of game.

posted in Deadly Voltage: Rise of the Invincible on Jan 23, 13 12:10 PM
Reviews do help but I always check out the tech problems as well as reviews then I play and decide. Every little bit helps in seeing if the game has snags after the trial period.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator