Posts created by jupiter51

posted in Rooms: The Main Building on Aug 14, 08 6:02 PM
I've made it all the way through once and have the challenge level unlocked - didn't notice exactly when it did so. But I started another game with another identity and I'm just about halfway through mansion 4 with the challenge level still locked. I'll let you know when it does unlock.

posted in Rooms: The Main Building on Aug 14, 08 5:08 PM
prpldva wrote:Poodlebear- after you click on play, look at the bottom of the menu. Click on Challenge level- it is played by number of moves, instead of time.

I've tried it - repeatedly. All mine show is time - no number of moves showing anywhere!!

posted in Rooms: The Main Building on Aug 14, 08 3:56 PM
prpldva wrote:I'm completed except for mansion 3, rooms 404 and 405 on both the regular and challenge set. I wish I could get a hammer and just break the mirrors.....

I didn't find 404 to be that bad but 405 has me stumped and I was hoping you (or some other puzzle genius) would tell me how to do it. But since that is not to be right now can I borrow that hammer??

posted in Rooms: The Main Building on Aug 14, 08 1:44 PM
RainCat wrote:Thanks!
I thought I had tried that, but I must not have selected "use" properly.
On to Mansion 4 (and the locked rooms in the other mansions).

I still need to get gold on a couple of the earlier levels as well.

You're welcome! I had difficulty with that "use" too.

I've made my way through all the mansions and puzzles and out and am now trying to get all gold. I'm stuck on the last room in mansion 3. Maybe I'll just skip it for now and finish up mansion 4. (Where I have no doubt I'll get stuck again!)

posted in Rooms: The Main Building on Aug 14, 08 12:25 PM
ghensley asked for help with this level. Here is some:

Use the subway to get to the dynamite/transporter. Use the transporter to get to the second transporter. Move that transporter square to the silver ladder and then go left and up to get the cell phone. Go through the door back to the Subway and go to the station on the far right and then move that station down to the bottom right corner. You use your cell phone to get out of there.

Then you figure out the rest. (Hint: you need to get the candle next )

posted in Rooms: The Main Building on Aug 14, 08 12:12 PM
ghensley wrote:I am having trouble with room 404 in mansion 2 HELP!

Just a hint. Use the subway to get the dynamite/transporter. Use the transporter to get to the second transporter. Move that transporter square to the silver ladder and then go left and up to get the cell phone. Then back to the Subway and go to the station on the far right and then move that station down to the bottom right corner. You use your cell phone to get out of there.

Then you figure out the rest. (Hint: you need to get the candle next )

posted in Rooms: The Main Building on Aug 14, 08 11:53 AM
Can anyone do this one? I am hopelessly stuck on it and beginning to hate the sight of it!!!! I can get through it I just can't get through it perfectly.

posted in Rooms: The Main Building on Aug 14, 08 11:49 AM
jupiter51 wrote:Poodlebear what's LotRO? Any game that can keep you going for about a month is one I should try!

Never mind. I figured out you must mean Lord of the Rings. Don't think it's my kind of game. I prefer one person play and I never play online.

posted in Rooms: The Main Building on Aug 13, 08 7:23 AM
Hey prpldva - why not create your own and then share them with us!!!

posted in Rooms: The Main Building on Aug 13, 08 6:44 AM
Keep going Poodlebear! You're showing aptitude and having fun. You don't have to get every level perfect to make it to the end!!!! If it helps, I found that if I had a difficult level and I learnt where I made a mistake or I was hopelessly stuck I would just restart instead of waiting for the timer. And if I got too frustrated I would just walk away for a bit and let it stew below the surface. Quite often, upon my return, the puzzle would seem to work itself out. Keep going with the timer!!!

posted in Rooms: The Main Building on Aug 12, 08 7:16 PM
Also, as you're doing the slider rooms you get a tone and all pieces will blink with a white outline when you have them in the right place.

posted in Rooms: The Main Building on Aug 12, 08 7:07 PM
Poodlebear, you can tell whether you have them all 100% correct by the color of the little pieces that appear on the map as you solve each slider room. If all your little map pieces are the same sort of golden color then you are bang on. If you have some that are reddish or white then you will need to work on them. I just got finished doing room 404 in mansion 2. Tricky little level - quite aggravating yet very satisfying when you finally get it. You'll love it!!!

posted in Rooms: The Main Building on Aug 12, 08 5:30 PM
I figured out what was wrong. It's not enough just to find a way through each silder puzzle. You have to find a way through that leaves the background in it's correct place. You have to use the "Show BG" button and match each piece to it's proper place while still managing to work you way out of each slider puzzle. In other words, you must have perfection. This game is challenging but a whole lot of fun!!!

posted in Rooms: The Main Building on Aug 12, 08 1:36 PM
I just completed all levels and puzzles and made my way out the final exit. When looking at my trophies afterwards I found they weren't given for completing mansion 1, 2, 3 and 4 which I did complete. Anyone else finding the same problem? Poodlebear is right, this game is great!! Been driving me crazy and giving me a lot of fun since I downloaded it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator