Posts created by bajacalla

posted in Love & Death ™: Bitten ™ on Apr 13, 10 2:41 PM
I totally agree - I *love* games with a macabre tone, as well as ones that integrate varied types of puzzles into the HOG format.

I'll admit, though - I was *very* surprised at the ending! but in a good way. : )

posted in Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua on Apr 8, 10 9:30 AM
thank you!! this was one of the best and most enjoyable games I've ever played!

posted in Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua on Apr 6, 10 5:53 PM
I'm having the exact same problem - Challenge 61 crashes my game. every. single. time.

posted in Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua on Apr 6, 10 3:32 PM
I downloaded - and played - the Mac demo, then I purchased the game, which is crashing at the 1st totem in Chapter 5: the Photo Slide one. I really don't want to go to another site and repurchase and download this game again, which I was **really** enjoying. I'm hoping that BFG will give us some relief here.

posted in Between the Worlds on Apr 4, 10 3:55 PM
I just downloaded the trial, and will *not* be purchasing it, although HOGs are my favorite genre.

there are too many dialogue screens.
the hidden object screens are not clever, they are cluttered and illogical.
some of the items are impossibly tiny and/or hidden by other objects.
the storyline is boring.

but maybe it's just me.

posted in Farm Frenzy 3 on Jan 26, 10 6:26 PM
I got it by playing the last level, which states its best time is 33 minutes. I believe I got it about the 40 minute mark.

posted in Farm Frenzy 3 on Jan 26, 10 6:25 PM
those stars indicate how close the animal is to producing its product, i.e., turkey eggs, sheep wool, cow milk, etc. when the max number of stars is reached, the product is available on the screen.

posted in Farm Frenzy 3: American Pie on Jan 26, 10 2:35 PM
thanks for letting us know this is an issue that is being looked at, because I'm unable to make irons in endless mode, as well as the others.

everything else seems to work just fine, though.

posted in Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeney Todd Collector`s Edition on Jan 15, 10 10:33 AM
this game rivals MCF for theme, playability, attention to detail (nicely moody!), graphics, and general interest - as in, keeping mine.

definitely glad I purchased it - and I really really like the in-game help function.

I'll want more of these Penny Dreadfuls games.

posted in The Mysterious City: Vegas on Jan 14, 10 11:03 AM
insipid game with annoying music. very poorly done. I couldn't even bring myself to finish the hour demo, and I uninstalled it. bleh.

posted in Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone on Jul 25, 09 12:44 PM
downloaded the demo. after creating my profile, I started to play - and since it's the demo, I opted to "skip" the opening dialogue scenes.

that took me all the way to the end - where I was to "identify the suspects." wow. that was a neat trick.

so I started again (mind you, all of ONE MINUTE has passed), this time letting the opening dialogue play.

nope. game crashed - error screen.

I now had *58* minutes remaining on my hour demo.

tried again. crashed again.

uninstall.

too bad. HOs are my favorite game genre.

posted in Magic Encyclopedia: Moon Light on Jul 24, 09 7:45 PM
me, too. I'm missing the last light blue gem in the Mayan/Venice scenario. the hint gem does nothing. bummer.

posted in Kuros on Jul 16, 09 4:58 PM
ok, I messed up near the end, and didn't get all the mushrooms before I started collecting the other items for the rest of the obelisks. I can't put anything back, and now I don't have room to get the rest of the mushrooms. if I quit, it saves, so that's no help. any suggestions?

posted in Mystery Case Files: Huntsville ™ on Jun 3, 09 10:42 AM
I love them - they are my absolute favorite **** games.

my only problem is there aren't enough of them!! : )

no other games are as enjoyable, easy to play, yet complex enough to take more than a couple of hours to finish.

*sigh*

posted in Fairy Godmother Tycoon on Jun 1, 09 8:42 AM
I'm not usually a fan of tycoon games, but I loved this one - it was actually do-able, not impossible to beat. and the characters are adorable!

posted in The Hardy Boys - The Perfect Crime on May 31, 09 7:14 PM
very disappointed in this game. couldn't even finish the 1-hour trial - 22 minutes in, I had to delete it.

posted in Wandering Willows on May 5, 09 11:11 AM
up in the right-hand corner of the map (near the doctor) are pine trees that spawn both cinnamon sticks and nutmegs.

posted in Wandering Willows on May 5, 09 8:22 AM
I love this game!! finished it last night - had to buy it after the demo timer ran out - and can't wait to play it again! I especially love that it's a quest game, and that instead of killing creatures you encounter, you get to make them love you! : ) my grandkids will absolutely go crazy for this one!

posted in Pocahontas: Princess of the Powhatan on May 2, 09 2:59 PM
less than 2 minutes before deleting the game. finished the first HO screen, clicked on the second, and...

blue screen.

I don't need that kind of nonsense.

posted in Affair Bureau on Apr 21, 09 1:57 PM
cherbtoo wrote:Has anybody else had a problem with this game or is it just me . I downloaded it and clicked "Play Now" and NADA, ZILCH, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENED, I just sat staring at the Game Manager.... Game just didn't start. Got to try again .

me. I can't open the download at all. every time I click on the button on the Game Manage, I get a little "bloop" sound, but that's it. oh, and then Game Manager locks up for about 5 seconds.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator