Posts created by Izziewizz

posted in The Dark Hills of Cherai on Dec 7, 09 4:07 AM
I did both, and collected the gem.

The indicator is green on Grandma's Bedroom on the map.

That's what's baffling me. I keep being told there's something to do, but I cannot for the life of me find what it is.

posted in The Dark Hills of Cherai on Dec 6, 09 11:09 AM
I've got quite far along in the game.

At a strategic point, when I'm playing as Maya, King Cherai says "There's something not completed in Grandma's Bedroom".

That was ages ago in the game, I've gone back and forth to Grandma's Bedroom and can't see for the life of me what I've missed out.

Does anyone have any idea what I've missed? (I've played the minigame, found all the list items and I haven't had any other messages until now.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

posted in The Dark Hills of Cherai on Dec 6, 09 5:38 AM
I got there eventually - I just left it to get on with it and almost forgot it was downloading until it went 'ping'!

It's worth it - in my humble opinion, of course.

posted in The Dark Hills of Cherai on Dec 6, 09 3:16 AM
I thought the game was going to get boring with all the backtracking until I looked at the map and realised I could get to the meeting place with just a click, then back to where I'd been, with another.

posted in The Dark Hills of Cherai on Dec 5, 09 9:02 AM
Why didn't I keep quiet? It's now gone back to 73%...

posted in The Dark Hills of Cherai on Dec 5, 09 8:58 AM
Having some trouble myself.

The first attempt got to 100% (after it slowing down so much I paused it, then restarted, only to have the % downloaded change dramatically) then sat at "waiting" for 20 minutes. I dumped that one and started again.

I've just checked on progress - it had stopped at 64%, said "download suspended", accepted a manual restart, and is now downloading much more quickly - up to 85% now, after only three minutes.

Someone's obviously tightened the elastic band, or redampened the string between the cocoa tins.

Laflamme wrote:
Izziewizz wrote:I forgot about the strategy guide and skipped on a puzzle - I'm not sure what effect doing that will have.

The only effect will be that you won't get the "no skip" achievement.

Thank you, Laflamme.

No spoilers, please!

I've bought the game - I spoilt myself!

Loving it so far, other than the fact that the game makers haven't been to the UK lately, and forgot to alter the spellings in the leaflets.

I wonder what difference changing the setting to 'motivational' or 'snarky' means? Ah, a bit of replay value there, I think.

I forgot about the strategy guide and skipped on a puzzle - I'm not sure what effect doing that will have.

Does anyone remember a point and click game called Barrow Hill? If you do, you might, like me, see some resemblances in the sound effects and the basic premise of the game.

All in all, very enjoyable so far. I'm taking this one very slowly indeed - I want my money's worth!

posted in Murder, She Wrote on Nov 17, 09 4:43 AM
I've been playing this game on and off for about three days now, it's great value as a HOG. Not as much interaction as I'd usually like, but the fact that the objects do move around when you return to a scene is good compensation for that.

There are some pretty challenging parts - oh, I searched for ages to find where to hang those red lanterns.

There's a character in one of the books - the lass who keeps the coffee shop - who looks just like Zach Braff (from Scrubs) in glasses and a wig.

I'm amused by the expressions on the faces too. That sherriff is hilarious, and Jessica's "tense, lip biting" expression makes her look as if she's trying not to laugh.

I was a little put off by the title, as here in the UK, they rerun MSW every afternoon on one of the TV channels, but I thought I'd give this a go and I'm glad I did.

posted in Murder, She Wrote on Nov 16, 09 3:26 PM
Make sure you're not making the same mistake as I was. I tried to smash that flippin' cuckoo clock a dozen times before it dawned on me....

posted in The Mystery of the Crystal Portal on Nov 15, 09 3:25 AM
No, it's not a new game. I bought it from another place (RA) some time ago.

I was hoping this would be the sequel, but unfortunately it's not.

That said, I would recommend it - I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. If you're not sure, then just try the hour. It does go to some more varied places than just Egypt and Macchu Pichu!

posted in Alabama Smith in the Quest of Fate on Nov 12, 09 12:34 AM
I did the same thing as Bansama. I bought the first game from another place, and finished the game within half an hour of buying it. It was a shame, because I was thoroughly enjoying playing it. This sort of game is exactly to my taste.

I'll play the demo hour sometime today, then have a quick look at the chapter headings in the Walkthrough to judge how much more there is.

Fingers crossed for at least three hours game play, hopefully more.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator