Posts created by Dialogue

posted in 9: The Dark Side Collector's Edition on Dec 6, 11 12:36 PM
PlayFavorite wrote:Thanks much for all reviews! We will take in consideration all your thoughts about game, to make sequel even better.

I'll be looking for it.

posted in 9: The Dark Side Collector's Edition on Dec 5, 11 10:57 PM
I agree with the players who say this is an interesting game. The voices are a little strange and the dialogue is stilted but it is still good. I do not care for the graphics. They are clear but they are flat. Other well made games have graphics that look more three dimensional so the player feels more immersed in the game. Nevertheless the game is nice looking, the story is interesting and the game play is fun. The thing that turned me off to the game the most was the fact that the player is again in a medival castle. When I went to the Play Favorite Games web site and saw the screenshots of the game I realized that there was a lot more to the game than ancient castles. I probably would have realized this had I looked through the strategy guide.

The only other thing I did not like about the game is the looping music. Turning the music off took care of that problem.

I think this game is interesting enough for me to buy. I rate this game out of five s.

I almost forgot, I was shocked by the click penalty that popped up. It was a little frightening but I was also intrigued by it. The game is well developed. Well done Play Favorite Games.

posted in 9: The Dark Side Collector's Edition on Dec 5, 11 10:18 PM
When I downloaded the game on one of my Windows XP computers I only got the black screen when I tried to play. When I pressed the start key and the game minimized, the label read "AppWindTitle" instead of the name of the game as it usually does when I minimize games. Maybe this can help someone figure out where the problem is on certain computers. The game ran with no trouble on my other desktop. This has happened with other games too so XP is not the problem. Both pcs are running the new game manager so that is not it either. There is something different about the one computer that is preventing it from running certain games. Someday I'll take some time to figure it out.

posted in Mushroom Age on Nov 25, 11 12:38 PM
I wasn't a Big Fish Games member in 2008 so I missed this. As someone else said, this game was ahead of it's time. It's a game I would have snapped up when it first came out. It is a really fun game to play. I like the story, the quirky characters, the game play and the graphics. The music is nice too but I had to turn it down because it looped too much in the Hidden Object scenes.

I give this game out of 5. I am glad this jewel was offered again as I missed it the first time around.

posted in Cardboard Castle on Nov 24, 11 2:16 PM
Here is what Mudrock wrote on Monday about the games people are looking for.

"Shattered Minds: Masquerade Collector's Edition is a fantastic game that will be coming out this weekend. Amazing gameplay and some incredible graphics. Download this one right away! u]Shattered

The standard version of Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lakewill be out this week. Definitely worth a download if you've been holding off.

Speaking of, the standard version of Resurrection: New Mexico will also be released and is absolutely dynamite. "

As for Cardboard Castle, did anyone like this game? I haven't downloaded it yet but I'll try it. I like Arcade games as well as most other types of games so what the heck.

heartless500 wrote:
I just recently did a big hardware upgrade to my pc and made darn sure my new graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 5670) had GOBS of dedicated graphics memory - 512MB - which is more than enough to run most casual games, and should continue to be enough for a long time to come.

I still run Windows XP Pro, SP3, with DX 9.0c, and this particular game runs flawlessly for me - i attribute that to having the high dedicated memory for the graphics. (by the way - this card only cost me $72 - it is not the fastest, most recent offering out there - those can run into the hundreds of dollars - but it is plenty for my purposes)

Heartless500,

Your machine almost mirrors mine except I have an Nvidia 7600 with 512 MB of graphics memory. I upgraded a few years ago because my desktop was not powerful enough to play games like Oblivion and other graphic intensive games with a lot a fast movement. The only problem I had was that the case journal would sometimes take a little while to open.

I can see from the forums that even the new Big Fish games will need more memory than 64 MB of graphic memory to play. Too bad because there are many people who can't afford a new comuter and their computers may not be upgradable. Big Fish still has a lot of games that are playable but I'm afraid the newer ones may become more difficult to play on older machines.

I think this will be a long game for me. It took me almost the full hour to get inside the lighthouse which is where the sample ended.

I really liked that the hidden objects morphed instead of being static. I found that it was much easier on my eyes than trying to find static objects. I could use peripheral vision to spot movement, then I could usually find the objects. If that didn't work, I would slowly move my eyes around each part of the screen until something moved. Since the "demon" leaves (my term for those weird leaves) kept moving as if they were shivering, that didn't work sometimes either, so I used a hint. I did find that my eyes enjoyed moving around more than just staring at a scene to find a well hidden object.

I haven't found anything to be too scary yet. I'm sure that if creepy Victor shows up again he will frighten me again. The characters seem so real. This one is so well done that although I have sworn off dark creepy games this one is a buy for me. I wish I could use my one free credit and one paid for credit to buy this game.
I would get it today. The 13th Skull and Dire Grove were good but this one is reeaally good. I'm so sorry that so many people can't play this game. I can see why. I am running it on a 2.8 Gigahertz Pentium IV with 2 Gigabytes of random access memory. I also have a 512 Megabyte graphics card installed. Still sometimes the journal was slow to open. I'm not sure whether this is a glitch or not but I had no trouble running the game otherwise.

The graphics are beautiful and realistic. The sound effects were good and the story is intriguing. The ghosts are warning me so much that I'm wondering if I'll get out of this game alive.

Although I have only played the sample version, if the rest of the game is this good it will be a well deserved out of 5 game. Congratulations to Big Fish Games for making an excellent Ravenhearst game. The Return to Ravenhearst was my first Mystery Case File game and the best in the series for me. This one may be better than that one.

posted in Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness on Nov 21, 11 8:51 AM
geniegal wrote:Well, I lasted for 20 minutes. Got through the first scene. Found a bunch of dead guys and dogs, found a strange creature frozen in ice and opened a gate. The next thing I knew I was flying off somewhere in a plane and was told by the narrator there were bizarre ruins below. And wouldn't ya know, the plane crashed?

Sorry, but this story is not making a whole lot of sense. (And my explanation is probably not making any sense either)

I think I'll pass on this.

Geniegal,

Talking to Dyer and reading all the text may help to explain the reasoning and the objectives of the game. I hope that helps.

The game is well thought out. I played on expert mode. I made it through 38 minutes before I got tired of the blue hue. The games where everything is bluish or brownish or any other unicolor really turn me off. It's too bad more realistic colors weren't used, the game is really nice to play. I like that you can scroll the scene in some parts of the game making the area larger. The hints are extremely well done. I didn't get any fast clicking penalties when I tried just clicking around quickly.

I'll have to think about buying this one. For some reason the games that are all hued one color tire my eyes. If all the blue was to heighten the arctic experience I get it. Snow is bluish white but not that blue. It's a shame I can't play this game because it has a good story line and the game play is really fantastic. I would have snapped it up if not for the tired eyes.

posted in Azada® : In Libro Collector's Edition on Nov 18, 11 10:08 AM
I usually like Azada games and have bought the first two. This one is just not grabbing me. It has been turned into an Adventure game and I'm not impressed with the new look. Azada was different. A story was being told and the player had to play games or complete storybooks to advance in the main story. In this new one it is all story and it just feels wrong. The story is well done. The graphics are nice and I like the voice acting but it is not Azada to me. It ifeels like Mystery Case Files, or Shadow Wolf Mysteries or some other very well made IHOG's offered by Big Fish Games. I think I'll wait for the standard edition, maybe even the daily deal. It is just not for me.

posted in Azada® : In Libro Collector's Edition on Nov 17, 11 9:08 AM
I have not finished downloading the trial yet but have read the reviews and comments about this game. I see that many people are upset about the fact that this game is called a Hidden Object game. If it is like the other Azada games, it is not a Hidden Object game. Every Adventure game I have ever played has hidden objects. You need to find them to accomplish tasks in the game. Even Myst has hidden objects but I would never consider that to be a Hidden Object game. It is strictly an Adventure game.

My download has finished now so I'm off to play the game.

posted in Tibet Quest on Nov 8, 11 4:38 PM
I tried this game because someone earlier in this thread said it was like Cave Quest. I really enjoy playing Cave Quest but I would not like it if it had a timer. I'm only on level one four or five in Tibet Quest and I can see that the timer is going to be a big problem for me. For the most part I can't seem to figure out which direction has to be cleared in order to get the woman to move ahead. By the time I get through a screen, half of my time is gone. This is the reason I only play Match Three games with no timer. I gave up on these years ago. Cave Quest is the game that got me back into playing Match Three games. Since then I've played other untimed Match Threes and enjoy playing every one of them.

It's a shame this game is timed because the game is so much fun to play. I like the machetes to cut bushes and building bridges. And the way the woman chitters at the end of the level is too cute.

I wish the game was untimed. It's a good, fun game.

I give this game

posted in Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition on Oct 30, 11 12:36 PM
bradalex wrote:An OK game but not in my opinion worth the CE price, reasons being....
1 incredibly easy HOS. I don't like tiny obscure objects but these were jumping up at me shreaking "here I am"
2 Almost a no brainer as to what to do next,due to constant sparkles.
3 Music irritating after a while.
4 Started to get annoyed with the stupid clowns popping up and not doing anything
5 Does not have the " wow factor" I want in my CE's

Bradalex,

I agree with everything you said. To make the game more of a no buy for me is the fact that it did not seem to be going anywhere. I didn't feel as if I was achieving anything even though I was making progress.

The game would be excellent for a beginner, I believe it is too easy for me.
I give this game out of five. I don't think I'll buy this one even as a Daily Deal.

posted in Tricks and Treats on Oct 29, 11 11:49 AM
I agree with all the other reviewers. It is a fun Match 3 game. I would have bought it if the playing field was larger. If the developers thought that it was important for the players to see the decorated background while playing the game they were dead wrong. I can't even imagine trying to play this game using a small monitor. I'll skip this one even if it shows up as a daily deal. It is not worth $3 to me.

I played more of the demo because I did like the gameplay. I have changed my mind. It is worth buying. The game board is small but playable. After replaying I saw why this was so. The player had to be able to see the child coming to the door so the player can give the child what it wants. It's not a bad game all around but I think I'll wait for the Daily Deal. It just didn't grab me enough to pay full price for it. With a bigger playing field, I would have bought it immediately. Even if the playing field was 3/4 the size of a normal Match 3 game, I would have bought it.

I give this game out of 5.

posted in The Island: Castaway 2 on Oct 21, 11 10:40 AM
The game is out on Awem's site. I played a trial and loved it. It is much like the first but it is a prequel before the sanctuary was ruined and the boat arrived at the island. The main character is a boy about Phato's age but he has to learn how to hunt and fish and solve riddles to become a man. With 300 quests I think the game will be as long as the last one. It would probably be longer if I didn't already know how to do some things from the first Island Castaway. I'm saving a credit for this game so I hope Big Fish gets it soonl. I'm normally not in a hurry to get games but I played the first one so much I am now ready to play the new one a lot.

posted in Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box on Oct 20, 11 3:36 PM
This game reminds me of the Samantha Swift games which I have all of. The graphic style and hard to find objects are very similar. This game really shines because of all the puzzles. I'm not much of a straight Hidden Object fan anymore. I prefer the interactive Hidden Object games but this game keeps my attention. I probably skipped it when it first came out because it was listed as being a romance game but it's a lot more. I've just gotten to the romance part but there is too much going on to think twice about it. It's a definite buy for me. As a matter of fact, I've already bought it.

I give this game out of 5 s. The small items detract a little from this game.

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 20, 11 12:38 PM
I, too, like the Drawn Series. I liked one better than two but the series grows on you. One must think to play these games and I normally need help with them. The second game had the hint system and I believe I got through it just by using it. The one thing I do not like about this one is not having a chance to skip a mini game in advanced/expert mode. I played the demo in advanced mode and did not run into problems but I was still in chapter one when I stopped playing the game. Now that I know I may get stuck down the line and can't skip a puzzle if I want to I'm not sure about the CE of this game. I might buy it and play in casual mode but I really like to avoid the sparkles. I even quit the demo and started again when I realized that I had forgotten to choose the sparkleless mode before the game began. I can always use the walkthrough if I really get stuck I guess. I would just hate to have to resort to that. But being an old adventure gamer who gets stuck sometimes, one gets used to it.

PS: Does anyone remember the King's Quest series or some of the other original adventure games? How about the Myst and Uru series. Now those are adventure games and the walkthroughs are provided on the web by other players after they figured out the game. Compared to those games, Drawn, though not a cakewalk, is a welcome respite.

I give this game out of 5.

posted in Halloween: Trick or Treat on Oct 18, 11 6:30 PM
This game is probably great for young children or for those really young at heart. I just could not stand the junk piles. A few years ago I might have put up with junk piles. I don't have to now, so I won't. I can't really review this game fairly as I only made it to the second junkpile... then quit.

I give this game out of 5 for children who don't mind junky rooms.

I played about one half hour of the demo. I will definitely buy it. The three modes of play is a very good idea. I wish more developers would do this. Casual is good for people who don't play a lot of these type games. Challenge is good for me as I usually need instructions/help in a few minigames within a game. The expert mode is something I'm not quite ready for yet. No help at all? Not my cup of tea. At least you can skip the minigames if you want to although you'll have to wait awhile to do it. I hope Vogat continues these options. I like their games and will continue to buy them. I'll have to wait until I can afford the Collector's Edition though. I like to buy Collector's Editions for games that the deveopers spent some time on. They deserve it if I can afford to pay it.

posted in Oddly Enough: Pied Piper on Oct 7, 11 1:46 PM
I have found the hints to be very helpful in showing me where to go and what to do next.

The other reviewers said everything good about this game that I would say. The game is beautiful and fun to play. Some of the minigames were taking me so much time to play I skipped them. I will get back to them when I replay the game. One thing I wish more developers would do, including this one, is allow the minigames in the game to be replayed standalone after the game is finished. I would take my time to figure them out if it didn't make the game so much longer. I don't know how long it took me to play the game. I know it took two days on expert. I would say that I played for over eight hours. I hope the developers made a lot of money for the time they put into the game. It was well done.

I give this game out of five.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator