Posts created by DonnyDJ

posted in World Mosaics on Jul 7, 09 1:51 PM
The name of the company is Fugazo.... can't post a link here but if you google it you will find it!
I havent tried the game yet but all I know is that the game has 250 puzzles...

posted in Magic Encyclopedia: Moon Light on Jul 2, 09 12:17 PM
Magic Encyclopedia 2 is out...

Thanks everybody for reviewing this game...It sounds like a sure winner so I will most likely buy it. I finish time management games quickly, but when it comes to HOGs I am not an expert. So, if it takes the average person 3 hours to finish this game it will probably take me 5...which is a good thing.

Don carfixer1957

posted in Aquapolis on Jun 28, 09 9:53 AM
Aquapolois has a lot of similarities to Build A Lot, but the theme of the game is completely different. If you are a Build a Lot Fan, you should like this. If Build a Lot is a five star game, this is clearly a four star game, which in my opinion, certianly constitutes a purchase for Gameclub members that are fans of the strategy building genre.

Tons of hidden object games come out each month. Some stink, some are mediocre, some are great, and some are incredible. I do not see people complaining that they are pretty much the same as one another. However, it is the same case here. A lot of HOGs are very similar to each other, but because they have a different theme, as well as different audio and visuals, people including myself enjoy the good ones and do not get tired of them.

Don

posted in Aquapolis on Jun 28, 09 9:25 AM
The game is not the same as Build a Lot. Both games are good but different. People should not make assumptions after playing one level of a game. Great game Bigfish!!

posted in Megaplex Madness: Now Playing ™ on Jun 27, 09 10:19 PM
Megaplex Madness 2 was one of my favorite tm games of 2008. I cannot wait for this one to come out. It looks great!!

posted in Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe on Jun 27, 09 11:03 AM
Hi friend,

Are you playing the game in timed or relaxed mode?

posted in Enlightenus on Jun 25, 09 12:19 AM
The video and the screenshots look great but I have to go to bed already and will wait til tomorrow. Hopefully people will post their thoughts here...

Don carfixer1957

posted in Dream Sleuth on Jun 24, 09 8:27 AM
Mushroom Age is one of my favorite HOGs. I love the style of it. By looking at the screenshots, reading people's comments, and the fact that Dream Sleuth is also created by the same company, I will probably love Dream Sleuth too.....Off to play!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jun 20, 09 10:34 PM
If anybody is a Kings Quest, Police Quest, Space Quest, or Leisure Suit Larry Fan, you can download a Vista ready version of any of the above and pay a small price for the the series.

Kings Quest 1-7
Police Quest 1-4
Space Quest 1-6
Leisure Suit Larry 1-6

They work just fine! Any questions, pm me....

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jun 20, 09 10:32 PM
Of course! How about Phantasmagoria or Gabriel Knight both from Sierra Online? I was an adventure junkie back in the late 80s and early 90s. I'd play those games above or Kings Quest, Police Quest, Space Quest, etc.... (As soon as I finished my homework that is!

posted in Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe on Jun 20, 09 5:55 PM
Has anybody completed this game? (either timed or relaxed)

I am curious because I was wondering if it is EVERYONE who is experiencing the shut downs. Its possible that only some people are, but others are able to complete the game. Please post here and let us know.

Thanks for your time,

Don

posted in Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe on Jun 20, 09 12:21 PM
I know several people in the business, and the fact is that Bigfish treats its time management games, time management developers and time magnagement customers like 2nd class citizens. If this was a hidden object game, it would have been fixed. I am truly getting tired Bigfish's attitude towards the 2nd best selling game genre.

posted in Forgotten Lands: First Colony ™ on Jun 16, 09 10:53 AM
Excellent game!!! Can't wait for the sequel! Later this Summer or early Fall perhaps?
I love timed strategy games, but adding a no timer mode would clearly boost game sales.

posted in Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe on Jun 16, 09 9:11 AM
Bigfish only seems to care if the game is a hidden object game....It really sucks, and I don't understand what Bigfish has against time management games....

posted in Mystic Diary: Lost Brother on Jun 13, 09 11:25 AM
Glad to hear that a quality hidden object game has been released! Glad that the game has no timer and inventory puzzles. Will try it out later..

Don

posted in Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe on Jun 7, 09 11:57 AM
No. You can play the game with no timer at all. In order to even get to the hard mode, you have to beat the normal mode.

posted in Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe on Jun 3, 09 8:32 AM
Any news yet on the update for the relaxed level 34 fix?

posted in Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe on May 30, 09 11:41 AM
Hi there,

I would contact customer BGFSH customer service on Monday and let them know. The problem might or might not have been fixed. I am not sure because I play the timed mode. If the problem was fixed, you would need to start a new profile from the beginning of the game. If the problem is notfixed they need to know about it!

This was the case in terms of expert status showing up. It did not show up on my old profile but I created a new profile and then it showed up. Best of luck!

Don

posted in Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe on May 29, 09 10:40 PM
Although there hasn't been an official announcement yet here on the forums, I have been informed that a new Build for Ye Olde Sandwich Shoppe is now available. I tested the game to make sure that the two changes that I asked for were made.

Change 1 (Tested) The game now differentiates between achieving expert and normal on all levels. Normal is represented by a green symbol and expert is represented by a silver symbol with a star. (This adds to replayability.)

Note *If you uninstall and reinstall you will not lose your progress. However, if you would like your progress map to differentiate between achieving normal and expert, you need to start a new profile. If this feature is not important to you, you should uninstall and reinstall the new version anyways, as a couple of bugs that I don't know about might be fixed.

Change 2 (Tested) The game now displays a hard mode option on the main menu. Although you cannot select it, this lets players know that once you complete the game, you can go for a harder challenge and play 48 additional levels. (This adds longevity.)

Change 3 (I did not test but I assume is fixed) In level 34 of relaxed mode, people were not originally able to complete the level because it was endless. Now the situation should be fixed. Uninstall, reinstall, play level 34 in relaxed mode and see what happens. Worst case scenario- You have to start a new profile, but most likely not the case.

-Don

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator