Posts created by samwise50

I kept rotating the letters. I came up with "sleuth" on top reading down, "ravens" bottom reading down also, "avenge" reading right to left, and "murder" reading right to left.
They are all good words but nothing happens.

Any help with the barrel mini-game??? Please, I've been spinning the letters over and over and over. Can't come up with any word, well any that works anyway.

Thanks in advance guys.

Thank you soooooooooooooo much MargieB

One word: BRILLIANT !!!

Thank you so much again
Congratulations to all involved in this fantastic production!

576.06MB is equal to 576060KB

Thank you Purplerabbit. I can see the difference now.

Still downloading but almost done. A little over an hour. Can't wait to play.

Could be a silly question but I'm wondering. Downloading right now. The installer says 589,888 KB to download but I saw Full unlimited version Large File: 576.06 MB on webpage.

How big is it exactly? Am I getting the whole package at 589.888 KB? Doesn't look right.

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual on Nov 23, 09 4:18 PM
Great game!!! The story is fascinating. I was totally immersed into it. Accurate? I don't know and frankly I don't really care. Great entertainement. The graphics are gorgeous. Even the music was enjoyable (rare). I love the fact that you can get some kind of help anytime with the "?". Sylvie's voice is not annoying at all. Pretty smart too I usually skip dialogues but not this time. They are necessary to understand the tasks. Challenging at times but not so hard that you wonder around without a clue of what to do. The end was quite abrupt. I have been kept on the edge of my chair and... nothing. However, It doesn't stop me for giving this one

For those who are interested, there is more with Sylvie Leroux. I found 2 more Chronicles of Mystery by visiting City-Interactive website. I don't know if they are in the same genre but maybe will offer them.

posted in Escape the Museum 2 on Nov 19, 09 2:47 PM
Just finished. I didn't change my mind, this is such a ly game. I don't know what is the replay value but I guess it's worth it if you wait for a little while. The tasks where not as difficult as for the first one but so much has been added (bridge parts, people and pets to reunite) that in all it's been a real pleasure. Thank you again Gogii and

posted in Escape the Museum 2 on Nov 18, 09 2:20 PM
Absolutely it!!! As much if not more than the first one. Gorgeous and crisp graphics, great story line (male hero at last), fun puzzles, love the "Extra Help". Side Missions are a real plus.
Not far into the demo and I already know I'll get this one.
Thank you and Gogii

posted in The Mystery of the Crystal Portal on Nov 16, 09 12:37 PM
Let's hope she's going to change her attitude in the next one. It really gets annoying. I felt stupid sometimes. When a game character makes you feel that way, it's pretty sad.

Whoever said "enough with girls", daughters, sisters, wives, etc., I agree.

Don't get me wrong though, I enjoyed the game, not as much as Treasure Seekers but I did.

posted in The Mystery of the Crystal Portal on Nov 15, 09 6:06 PM
Artogon came up with this one before Treasure Seekers I believe. A lot of features are the same: wheels of hidden objects, sounds, absolutely gorgeous graphics, all very familiar. It's not as polished as TS but still very attractive in its genre. I loved both TS so I'll purchase this one and wait for the sequel as well.

Thank you for giving us another high standard game.

posted in Alabama Smith in the Quest of Fate on Nov 15, 09 11:41 AM
The most bizarre thing just happened. I wanted to "recreate" the bug/error in order to get more info so I launched the game and to my surprise nothing happened, I mean the game didn't freeze, no Lua Error. I've been able to finish, no glitch.

Those of you who had the same problem, have you tried to play again after that?

I had some problems with Windows and I turned off the comp last night (I usually just put it on stand by). Maybe a reboot helped.

posted in Alabama Smith in the Quest of Fate on Nov 15, 09 11:11 AM
I will do the samething. has a wonderful customer support. I will try to gather as much information as I can first so they can have a good picture of what's happening.

posted in Alabama Smith in the Quest of Fate on Nov 13, 09 5:22 PM
It's happening at the end of the game. I really want to finish. Everything went so well up until that point. I am really upset. I love that game. I want to play again from the beginning but first, I would like to finish.

Anyone: a solution, please?

posted in Alabama Smith in the Quest of Fate on Nov 13, 09 12:49 PM
Anybody else got this error? I can't finish the game.
Any kind of help would be very much appreciated.

Lua Error!
scripts/game_engine/task.lua:90: attempt to index local 'task' (a nil value) thread status - dead

iMac8,1
Windows XP 5.1, 32-bit (Service Pack 3)
DirectX 9.0c
Intel Pentium III Xeon x86, 2790 MHz
RAM 4 GB
Free: 46.22 GB
Graphic card GeForce 8800 GS

posted in Alabama Smith in the Quest of Fate on Nov 12, 09 2:11 PM
Finally!!!! I was waiting for THE ONE, I got it. This is what I'm talking about, using brain cells. the game. HOG, adventure, strategy, puzzles, it's all there. Hours of fun.
Thank you . and

posted in Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders on Nov 11, 09 2:44 PM
I wanted to like this one, I really did. I got bored pretty fast but I wanted to play the entire demo to make sure I was not missing anything important that would make me change my mind. Unfortunately, it was not the case. It’s another simple straightforward HOG, without spark or twist. No clues or items hidden in drawers, boxes, cupboards, they’re all right there, either minuscule or out of proportion. Lack of inspiration? I’d say yes when you have to find 3 bottles, 4 butterflies, 3 umbrellas, etc. When I found the shovel I thought it was the beginning of the excitement, finally some interaction, but I came down back to earth pretty fast. The puzzles are too easy and not enough of them. At the Doks, it was a little ridiculous to learn that the guard was angry because his bonsai died (sorry bonsai’s lovers). No mystery there when she ends up at the Bonsai shop. Getting rid of the bugs was another too easy task. I made it to the kimono shop. I presume she needs a disguise to get to the warehouse.

The graphics were not very good but not horrible either and the music was lovely, relaxing. The story line was better than what I’ve seen lately. A pretty little intrigue. I also liked the silhouette that helps you identify some items.

Anyway, I will never know about the kimono because the game is already uninstalled. Too bad. Still waiting for THE ONE.

But this is just me. According to what I read, lots of fish liked it. I'm glad for you. Enjoy!

It's another big for me.

posted in Kellie Stanford: Turn of Fate on Nov 10, 09 10:55 AM
A few minutes were enough. This looks like a kid's game to me. Still waiting for a really good HOG and/or Puzzle G with interactive elements. Nothing's been worth giving up a credit lately.
Another

posted in The Dracula Files on Nov 8, 09 3:16 PM
VladimirDraco,

How nice of you to pass this information along. Thank you very much. The tip for the Intro is also very much appreciated.

Maybe we'll give it another try.

Good luck!

posted in The Dracula Files on Nov 8, 09 2:59 PM
A lot has been said. Sadly, a lot is true. What a disappointement, again. I got an "error violation", the game crashed. I lost my progress, not that I went very far but still. I was so bored already.

Developpers will have to go back to work. I think they got lazy. We, fish in the pound, have become very savy and very critical. We are expecting more, higher standards. I have to say though that some games have been like true gems, but too rare.

I give this one again.

Lets hope we will get what we deserve very soon.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator