Posts created by nanaseaweed

posted in Artifacts of the Past: Ancient Mysteries on Jul 10, 10 7:54 AM
Great beginner game for folks who are just starting to try IHOG (interactive Hidden Object) which simply means the object is used somewhere in the scene to find or help find another object. Also a beginner FROG game..which means items are fractured in pieces and you have to find all the pieces. The graphics are clear and the conversations are too. It has a magnifier and if you center it just right you can click on objects with that. Also it has a shuffle feature. It gives you alternate items to look for when stuck. I would have loved to have played this game when I was first starting HOG games. No penalty for incorrect clicking that I noticed. So for all of you wanting to try it nice game to experiment with.
I played with the normal mode and was entertained even stumped on occaision.
I recommend this game for folks who like all the little added fun gadgets to find clues and nice mini game puzzles.
Good job developers!
Sally

posted in Laby on Jul 6, 10 7:16 AM
Wow this is a challenging little game. Once I figured out what to achieve I found it could be very challenging. I'm at level 3 and I am on my fourth try to achieve my goal here. It reminds me of Cradle of Rome. That also is a very difficult Match 3 with a timer. I think this is a definite buy for me. I only have 15 minutes of my trial left so I'm satisfied with it as a game!
Try it at least!
Sally

posted in Laby on Jul 6, 10 6:24 AM
I figured out I was supposed to fill up the bottom color only. The other matches are for help to get to the color you need. That is really your goal each match sheet. I mean you could make hundreds of matches and the little color meter at bottom wasn't full at all even with a whole bunch of time .... it was an AAADUUUH moment for me. But now I think the game is worth trying and possibly buying for me!
LOL
Nana

posted in Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids on Jun 30, 10 6:57 AM
Movie was pretty!
So they know how to do it...but the game, objects are difficult if not impossible to find. The scenes were fuzzy and that arrow ... well let me just say I have never had to navigate from the middle of the main scene in a game. No direction from the helper just general hints like, "you need to find the food to feed the camel"...WHERE! When I went looking and played or tried to play an object scene any food I found never went into inventory! Well between this game and my ongoing problem with game manager every day...let's just say I'm frustrated to the enth degree!!
ahhh I feel better now!
Sally

posted in Kate Arrow: Deserted Wood on Jun 26, 10 5:59 AM
Good Morning!
Well this is a nice HOG game! I think it will make most of us HOG lovers happy! It has great graphics, it is clear. It is also nice and bright and the objects are well hidden in plain sight as someone else said! Nice job Developers! I to will wait for next month for purchase but I enjoyed my 45 trial minutes.
I got as far as the attic. I was slow to find things and needed hint! The music is on a loop I think, but it is not distasteful just predictable. Oh and the interaction has been fine. I found the size was not an issue. The sides had 2 inch bars but the top and bottom were full screen size. I think my monitor is 16 inches wide?
Well Have a great weekend all..
Sally

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 24, 10 6:30 AM
A great addition to the Dream Chronicle series. I played the hour and was shocked it went by so fast.! I had made it through a portal and was assembling an item ( i am trying not to give away anything), when my time ran out. Lots of play time left I'm sure. I found it to be a smooth transition with the other dream chronicles. Of course I am prejudiced because they are my all time favorites. I never tire of playing them and I'm challenged all the time.

I did the casual mode. I will play challenge later. I like casual to get to know the game. I also love all the graphics and it loaded well on my computer. It wasn't full screen but the bottom and top were filled out. The sides were still short. It was easy to find things and with this comps resolution things are very sharp. I did not need hint often ...if at all...I think I used it once. Music is nice, girls voice? okay...it's a girl...LOL...grandfather is so smooth and loving..heh, heh..just like a grandpa should be.

I love collector additions because I get the whole package. I love the art pages the most.
The strategy guide is a nice addition if I need it. I usually need it somewhere.

Just a 5 fin production for me. I'm off to play the game. Happy gaming to the rest of you!

Sally

posted in Ancient Adventures - Gift of Zeus on Jun 22, 10 6:18 AM
Another game not compatible with my computer. I dumbed down the resoution but my windows 7 kept it tiny and at the better res for my comp so I guess I won't be playing this one. Another person commented on a few games which fit his lap top and mine played those fine also. It might be my game card but I will need advice for that adjustment.
Sally

posted in Blood Oath on Jun 19, 10 8:05 AM
I just finished my hour trial and I found this to be a very intriguing, busy game.
The hints filled up in about a minute until you earn quicker time help. The story is right in line with today's type of intrigue and guile! I think the developers did a great job! I was able to open 4 or 5 areas in my hour. It has a map. It has a log book for information about the history of items. It has a mini-game board. Which I found to be a novel approach to earning extra help. I did not feel pushed for time so I don't believe there is one. The items were pretty clear. Some are small. They use a silhouette to identify the item and words also. I found the game easy to follow even though it has you in different locations quite often. I did not find too much gore at all! When you do find the items you need the game groups them together to solve an area. The areas have been highlighted to solve. I did use hint often just to get used to things. One nice thing about their hint is it does not fade. You can actually look for the item until you find it! Nice touch!
I'm going to give this game a Nana's !! I think you fishies will like it! Try it!

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 18, 10 5:12 AM
woo hoo I MORPHED!

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 18, 10 5:09 AM
nanaseaweed wrote:Hi all,
I have been playing the game on the window screen mode. I can see things pretty well. It seems to be an interesting game! Love the sound effects!! So I would say try it to my other fishy friends who ran into the same problem I did. Hopefully it gets resolved because we deserve to play it like everyone else.
Nana

Just an update to this problem. I downloaded the Edgar Allen Poe mystery game. I had forgotten I had played this before somewhere else. It ran the same way on this computer as the Witch Trials one. So I think that the computer is handling it fine. Maybe later on I will learn how to expand it, if possible.
Sally

posted in Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington on Jun 17, 10 6:42 AM
This game was very entertaining for the hour. I got to Chapter 3, but my Windows 7 program keeps the game compact. So I have to get used to finding things. The hints helped. My magnifier, (hint), just highlighted or showed me the item when I clicked on the item name in the column. I did play around with the resolution too to see if the screen would enlarge. Like the other game Salem Witch trial it didn't. I am running a 64 bit Vaio also and my dxdiag tells me all is okay. So I will just fumble on.!
The screen images were clear no complaints there. I turned off the music. I usually do, others in the room, or tv on , etc. It is an intriguing story line and there is some interaction with items used right away as someone else here described. So it is a buy for me! Great game offers BFG this month! Duo is not my forte however because I'm still fighting to win the turtle race in Robinson Crusoe!!!!
Happy Gaming all! Sally

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 12, 10 4:27 PM
Hi all,
I have been playing the game on the window screen mode. I can see things pretty well. It seems to be an interesting game! Love the sound effects!! So I would say try it to my other fishy friends who ran into the same problem I did. Hopefully it gets resolved because we deserve to play it like everyone else.
Nana

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 12, 10 8:42 AM
mine is too with aero card turned off. I've gone into my computers inner workings but I'm not savvy enough to understand it all.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 12, 10 7:45 AM
Thanks govegril for the reply. I used a credit to purchase it and it still has the screen problem. What I noticed is it wants to get bigger but it won't fill out the monitor. I'll keep fiddling around with my controls.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 12, 10 7:18 AM
No luck still window screen size. When I click on full screen it doesn't change much just a little.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 12, 10 7:14 AM
Govegirl and other player had you used trial version or did you buy it? Right now I have uninstalled it and will reinstall to see if it helps.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 12, 10 7:09 AM
I tried it twice and even turned down my resolution and it stayed in Window Screen Mode.

I agree grabbinbugs! I played the demo and got part way through chapter 2. There is lots to do in this game. Very well put together as far as I got. I closed out and went back in with no problem. The sound effects are optional and personal choice for most of us. The music is hard for me to judge because I was very busy! lol...I'm already intrigued by the story line. So I would keep playing to find out what happened. This series gives you every advantage to help finding your items. There is a magnifier, a silhouette of the item hint and a straight out and out hint finder! Some items are obvious and some well hidden a nice mixture of both.
I personally like the CE's however these developers did such a great job on their regular game waiting is probably fine too.
Paying this price has to be a personal decision.
If you wait I don't think you will be disappointed at all.
Have fun!
Sally

edited for typo

posted in The Spirit of Wandering: The Legend on Jun 7, 10 7:55 AM
I got to the second lost character and 1/3 of the way to finding him, in my one hour trial. I was challenged even on the casual level! I am not new to HOG games and found this one to be different enough to be very interesting to play. Beautiful graphics and clean scenes. Well hidden objects or more than one to make it a little difficult. No real clicking penalty unless you sit there with the cursor and insist that is the choice. Then you are penalized some of your hard earned treasure! Just random clicking did not penalize me. There is a hint but you have to earn it. I liked the music. Length of time depends on you. This is not what I would call an adventure but good story so far. You can't beat the price guys! Lots of fun for the money!
Nana

posted in Antique Road Trip USA on May 29, 10 6:47 AM
Good Morning! This is a delightful game! It is a typical HOG with a twist on how to find objects. It even uses riddles or phrases of description. It reminds me of Gardenscapes which I enjoyed playing. You get to build a scene . The music in this one is great! Yeap I listened to it and found it entertaining, even toe tapping..I played the untimed version but the timed version allows you to earn more money. I'm not so sure if the music would be as much fun if I played timed. There are typical mini games here and not difficult just need to pay attention. Again you are rewarded for completing them. My hour was up before I knew it! It would probably be a 3-4 hour game for me. But I leave them and come back so I'm refreshed, and happy to keep playing. I don't usually play these straight through. Life happens!
I would say it is a 4 fin production!
Have a great weekend !
Nana

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator