Posts created by brooklynblonde

posted in Fishdom: Seasons Under the Sea on Oct 10, 10 1:15 AM
Hi-I'm running this game with Windows 7 on an HP laptop that's only 2 months old. All my drivers are up to date, I checked. This game is making my computer crash big time. Any ideas? Should I try reinstalling? I've played at for quite a while, but now every time I play, the game crashes, taking me back to the same spot every time I try to restart. I've never had this problem with s Bigfish game. Help!

posted in Reincarnations: Uncover the Past on Sep 22, 10 8:46 PM
Loved it! I also bought this with the 4.99 deal, and I was pleasantly surprised at how long it was-even if it had been shorter it would still be worth it. I found it challenging without being frustrating, and liked it a lot more than the 1st Reincarnations.

posted in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White on Sep 17, 10 1:15 PM
I think 20 minutes is an exaggeration-I find I'm moving pretty quickly, and I finished chapter 1 in 40 minutes. I did see on another thread that the last chapters are shorter than the first, so the the game could be shorter than expected, which is disappointing.

posted in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White on Sep 17, 10 12:32 PM
I had the same problem as many others-no hint botton in the first HOg scene-glad someone in the forum knew what maganese was, I had no idea!!

posted in Wispa Forest on Sep 16, 10 8:18 PM
I had to try this game given the huge differences of opinion in the reviews-and I did like some of it, in its quirky way. It's not the usual thing-I kind of liked the M3 thrown in, and the hand drawn scenery is certainly unique. The only problem I had was the sameness of color in all the scenes-after a while everything looks the same, so finding stuff is a drag! Probably not a buy for me-didn't find the story that interesting, and by the end of the hour I was tired of looking at it

posted in Farmers Market on Sep 16, 10 7:00 PM
I don't usually like this type of game, but this is a fun one-and not too hard, even in timed mode. I'm not sure if I'll buy-it's on my list for a day when I want something not that challenging, or I would definitely buy it on DD. Like the music, like the graphics, a nice game

posted in Finding Hope on Sep 14, 10 8:08 PM
Found this too repetitive to keep my interest-played half the demo. Also, the fact that some people were able to finish the game duriing the demo means it's just not worth it to me. Blah.

posted in Whisper of a Rose on Sep 14, 10 6:55 PM
YIKES.

posted in Vampire Brides: Love Over Death on Sep 14, 10 4:17 PM
Not totally awful, but not that exciting. Adding to what a lot of other reviews have to say, I find not just the size of the objects annoying, but all the scenes are a weird size-if I need to do something to a door, how about a close-up? I couldn't get into looking at tiny scenery-if this game was tested, I find it hard to believe that this wasn't mentioned. I didn't finish the demo because I think the whole game looks ridiculous.

posted in Vampire Brides: Love Over Death on Sep 14, 10 4:04 PM
So the thread above about the overuse of spiders got me thinking about overused objects in many games-what does everyone think gets used way too much? I vote for-fans. Every game seems to use them in every scene, and they never contribute to the story, or rarely to the theme. Even in games that I love. Give it a rest!

posted in Vampire Brides: Love Over Death on Sep 14, 10 3:57 PM
I thought this game had too many bugs all over the place-didn't really think about the spiders, but there are roaches and such in EVERY screen-what is that even about? Maybe it's supposed to create a creepy vibe-it just made me not want to look at this game anymore.

posted in Artifact Quest on Sep 13, 10 5:03 PM
This is a cute M3, nothing too exciting, but pleasant-pretty easy, even in timed mode. I played the whole demo, but I don't buy M3s very often, so I'll pass. If you like this type of game more than others, this might be a good buy for you, depending on whether it gets more challenging, or if you're looking for a pleasant easy game.

I have to say, I bought this almost right away because there are no hints(except in the **** scenes) without the strategy guide, and I need a hint every now and then! Loving the game, but it should have a walkthrough in the forum at some point. I don't buy CEs much, but I'm glad I bought this one

posted in The Hidden Prophecies of Nostradamus on Sep 8, 10 5:25 PM
Good to know it can be done I googled the title of the game and found a couple of really good walkthroughs, surprising that BF doesn't have one posted-I would never be able to finish this game without a walkthrough!

posted in Avenue Flo on Sep 8, 10 5:20 PM
Have to agree, this is a bad minigame. took me forever to get through it-I think the patterns do repeat in each routine, so if you can remember the pattern, that really helps-even wrote one down! Still took me quite a while to get past this, and it may stop me from playing this over again, which is too bad. SHEESH-otherwise love this game.

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Gates of Fate on Sep 8, 10 5:15 PM
Nice enough FROG, a pleasant way to pass some time. I know I played the first one, does this seem easier to those that have played both? Definitely on my buy list, but not at the top of it

posted in Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy on Sep 7, 10 10:41 PM
wow, great suggestions for new games from everyone-I was on the fence about Siberia, but it seems everyone loves it, so I'll have to give it a try next

posted in Blooming Daisies on Sep 7, 10 5:01 PM
Just played for a few minutes, and have to agree that this is a great game for people new to TM games. Very simplistic, but it can be fun, maybe it would be good for kids? Just not interesting enough for me. Back to Diner Dash!

posted in Dominic Crane 2: Dark Mystery Revealed on Sep 7, 10 4:16 PM
Have to agree with most of you-boooooooooring. I love these kinde of games, but this one didn't catch my interest, and I found the minigames bizarre. Not a buy for me.

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison on Sep 7, 10 12:13 AM
Just finished, and overall I really enjoyed this. Thought it was plenty long enough, and liked the story. My only quibble is with the minigames. They seemed to be either very easy-so easy that I thought the solution was too obvious to be right, or confusing enough that I had to look at the walkthrough. Hmmmmm. Liked that you took photos as you went-saves some time going back and forth to look at important things, since you just looked at your photos instead of backtracking-great idea. Graphics are nice, and no music until the end, which is okay with me for a change of pace. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for the next part of this story

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator